• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

Holy Mackerl - I loved reading your report but I just don't know how you can only go once a year living in FL .. you have some will power girl..

Its not always so easy :laughing: I would love to go on a cruise but Todd will never go for it..not in a million years, and I have no clue why because he owned a few boats and was always on the water

Omy gosh!! Tell him Maura from the dis said the SAME thing til her bff got her on one, they are awesome!!:lmao: [never did a disney one yet] But seriously the food alone is a nice enough reason & I imagine Disney's cruise food is ever better! Well, whatever you guys decide I'm sure u two will have a blast!lol!!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the awesome reviews! I'm glad you guys liked BWI, I'd love to stay there one day! :)

(oh yeah, I read a few pages back that you are from Mass-my DH is from Revere, and also lived in Everett for a while before he moved to CT in middle school! Just thought I'd mention that since you said your mom lives in Everett!)

Just got caught up and really enjoyed the reviews. The way you write, I feel like I was right there with you guys.

We had dinner at Tokyo Dining in May and it was virtually empty. I would blame the rain for bringing in all the people. The view of the lagoon is gorgeous from that restaurant.

I would love to try your spaghetti and meatballs since they better than Tutto's. Tutto's is the best I've ever eaten.

Thanks again for sharing.:goodvibes

Greetings MickeyNicki. I will be making my first stay at BWI in March, so my interest is doubly peaked to hear your Review of BWI and, of course, the food. Somehow this fellow FL West Coaster missed your entire TR live. :upsidedow I enjoy your reports very much, so the good part is now I can read it like a good book, chapter after chapter, and just maybe all at once. :surfweb: I can't wait to get started.

just read all your food report, cant believe they are all over.

thanks for sharing with us, id love to go to the food&wine festival one year :thumbsup2

Thanks to Todd, for helping you to eat all that food :goodvibes

No MickeyNicki dining report until October 2012???? What will a lurker like me do??

Nicki, thanks for taking the time to allow me to enjoy a taste of Disney through your reports. They make for great reading.

Nicki, I'm a little late with the thank yous for another great report. After 3 days I finally got power and heat back. I had to spend all day Wed, throwing everthing out of my freezer and refrigerator and then shopping to restock it. I had been staying at my mother's to keep watch over her and my 4 cats were all alone in my house. It's amazing what a mess 4 little critters can make, so the other part of the day was dedicated to house cleaning. Things are pretty much back to normal so I can catch up on your report. It sure seems like you and Todd had some really great meals. Too bad it will be such a long stretch before you get back to Disney.

Well, I'm just getting caught up on your TR. It has been great to see all of your wonderful food pictures and relive what we just ate last week. We had a great time down at F&W Fest and are already planning on going back next year around the same time.

I loved the Pork Sliders from Hawaii! They were soooooo good. And I also loved the Coq Au Van (sp) from France. What a comfort food that was! And there were so many other things that it is hard to remember.

I did love that you could get a margarita on the rocks from the CS stand in Mexico. I will drink the frozen ones, but much prefer them on the rocks.

Well, thanks again for your live TR. You do write one of the most entertaining TR's on the boards and it is always such a pleasure to read.

Until next time. . . . . . . :flower3:

Next October! How am I supposed to go that long without another MickeyNicki review?

I'm so glad you enjoyed Kouzzina for breakfast though. And I'm extra glad you got the French toast, and that it's good, because that is so what I'm getting if it's still on the menu next year.

And thanks for posting the Flying Fish menu, even though I know that will change before my next trip. But if there's one signature restaurant I'm eating at next year, it's going to be Flying Fish, even though right now I have Narcoossees, California Grill, Artist Point, and Jiko on my list for next year too. But you know how things always change with me. ;)

How are you supposed to wait, how am I supposed to wait!! :rotfl: I loved Kouzzina breakfast, it was much better than the dinner. We have not been to FF in a few years and I really miss it, I hope we can get there next year!

Thanks for another wonderful set of reviews, Nicki!
I guess we need to get out of bed early one morning in August to get ourselves over to Kouzzina for breakfast. :thumbsup2

Hope we get to meet with you guys again one of these days! :hug:

Good morning Karin! We hope to see you again too, we had so much fun with you and Tom! I hope you get to Kouzzina, you guys would love it!

Thanks so much for your reviews! It was fun to live vicariously through you. ;) Would love to try the pumpkin pancakes & pumpkin funnel cake, but I'm guessing they'll be long gone by the end of November. Of course, last time I had funnel cake at WDW I was attacked by seagulls, so maybe it's just as well.

Oh! And thanks for posting the pix of BWI. Sooooo excited to stay there, although with working hot water, please. (What a PITA. At least it was only the last day. Maybe they did it on purpose so you wouldn't be so sad to leave. ;) )

See you next October! :goodvibes

So happy to have you along! In Epcot we didnt see any birds near the funnel cakes but they were at the entrance to the countries. We love the BWI, cannot wait to stay there again but DH is thinking a split stay is in order for 2012, Poly and BWI....but only if I get a nice discount :laughing:

Thank you so much for posting the pics of the Flying Fish menu. Your live reviews have been so helpful and so fun to read! Now we just need to make a few more decisions and hopefully our dining plans will be all set for our trip next week. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

You are very welcome! Hope you have an amazing trip, cannot wait for your reviews!

October seems so far away! Thank you for such great reviews. I've always enjoyed reading them and look forward to the next one.

Also, I can't believe Todd won't go on a Disney Cruise if he has no problems with the water. The cruise is nothing but food and naps then more food and maybe a drink or several. Seems right up his alley.

Trust me the next 11 months will just fly right by :rotfl2: In his exact words "Never in a million years will you get me on a cruise" so I guess that takes care of that :sad2:

Thank You foor going live. I know that is hard to do and I loved being there with you. I enjoyed the food and your last breakfast was a fabulous way to end.

Sorry you had no hot water on your last day.
Who knows I may be back that week in Oct too!!!

Thank you for reading along, I am so glad you enjoyed it! Try for Oct, it really is the best time to go

That French toast at Kouzzina is INCREDIBLE! Very good. The waffles are good too but not in the same league as the french toast!

Great review....wish we didn't have to wait a whole year for your next one!

Jill in CO

Jill, I cannot tell you how amazing that french toast was!

First of all...AS ALWAYS...thank you for your great reviews! :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, I missed out on a lot of the "live" aspect as work has been super busy. :sad2: I am so glad you enjoyed Kouzzina's breakfast as much as you did. We thought it was fantastic. It was one of our only truly memorable meals on the July trip.

However...I do believe that I am planning a weekend trip with my mom for Food and Wine that very weekend in October that you're going to be there. So, perhaps another Dismeet?

Sad that's it over, but there's always more trips to look forward to. :rotfl:

Tina you have to come in Oct, that would be so awesome!! You will love F&W and we can hang out! :rotfl: You were so right about Kouzzina, it was amazing, glad we didnt skip it!

Enjoyed your great reviews and pictures!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it! :goodvibes

Thaks for reading along!

Next October???:sad1: Why not sooner...like...December! :laughing: I have to wait a whle year for more banter between the 2 of you??? Say it isn't so!!!! Loved the report. Very magical!!!:wizard: Glad you made it home safely.

If we win the lotto we can go back sooner :laughing:

Thank you for the great review!! I have followed you every night reliving the trip with you. This is one of the first posts i've written but I had to thank you for all your pictures and taking the time to write. :goodvibes

Loved having you along for the ride!

OMG, that French toast looks amazing! Hopfully they still have that in December.

Good luck with waiting until next October. I haven't been since last December and I'm having major withdrawls!:scared::scared:

I bet they will still have it, its a new menu item. So far the withdrawls have not set in, I just dont like going back to real life :lmao:

Thank you so much for posting live, as always great reviews!

Thank you!

Thanks for all the great reviews! I'm so glad you went to Kouzzina and I hope they still have that french toast in March.

I wish we didn't have to wait until next year for more.

We loved it, I think we liked our breakfasts more than our dinners!

Great reviews! I really loved reading your trip report! It made me even more excited for my upcoming trip! :cool1: Today is the day I can check in online but my 12 yo dd begged me to wait until she is home from school today - she wants to watch!

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure! It was great fun to follow along on your vacation! You guys seem like really fun people!

Hope you have a wonderful time and make sure you do a dining review so I can drool over your pictures!

Loved your reviews and photos, thanks! What I wouldn't give to have one (or two or three) of the sea-salted caramels from Karamell Kuche right this minute....

Oh me too!

So happy you ended up doing breakfast at Kouzzina, and even happier you liked it! :thumbsup2

The slow service and the food getting cold (after being served hardly warm) were the issues we had during our last breakfast there---so it seems like that may still be a problem. BUT, I think we'll give it another go and if it doesn't work out this time, we'll try somewhere new the next go-round.

So sad to see your reviews have ended, but they've provided a lot of reinforcement that I needed about some of our ADRs like Shula's, Kouzzina and Cali Grill, so I'm glad I was able to follow along.

Til October! :wave2:

We didnt understand why the food was getting cold so fast because it wasnt cold in the restaurant. The food was so good though, I know we will be back...its the only place you can get REAL bacon!

I am very happy the reviews are helping you for your next trip!

I've enjoyed your reviews so much! The Baklava French toast looks so good. I would love to try Kouzzina breakfast some day, but next trip is with my dad and he loves tons of breakfast, so I think he might be better with a buffet ;)

Thank you for your wonderful reviews! Looking forward to more in a year! :goodvibes

Thank you! Todd is a huge breakfast person too, problem is he doesnt want to wake up early enough to eat it! :laughing:

Holy Mackerl - I loved reading your report but I just don't know how you can only go once a year living in FL .. you have some will power girl..

As much as we want to go back soon we have lots of stuff we want to do around the house and there are some car shows and races in May that Todd wants to go to...we have gone once a year before and it wasnt that bad (see, I am trying to convince myself :rotfl:)

Omy gosh!! Tell him Maura from the dis said the SAME thing til her bff got her on one, they are awesome!!:lmao: [never did a disney one yet] But seriously the food alone is a nice enough reason & I imagine Disney's cruise food is ever better! Well, whatever you guys decide I'm sure u two will have a blast!lol!!!:rotfl:

I told him, he said to go on a cruise with Maura :rotfl: I dont know what his deal is but he will not budge on this :confused3

Thanks for the awesome reviews! I'm glad you guys liked BWI, I'd love to stay there one day! :)

(oh yeah, I read a few pages back that you are from Mass-my DH is from Revere, and also lived in Everett for a while before he moved to CT in middle school! Just thought I'd mention that since you said your mom lives in Everett!)

Small world! I still venture up to Everett to visit mom and some family lives in Revere...does your DH miss it at all? If you ever get the chance to stay at BWI do it, you will love it! Thanks for reading along!

Just got caught up and really enjoyed the reviews. The way you write, I feel like I was right there with you guys.

We had dinner at Tokyo Dining in May and it was virtually empty. I would blame the rain for bringing in all the people. The view of the lagoon is gorgeous from that restaurant.

I would love to try your spaghetti and meatballs since they better than Tutto's. Tutto's is the best I've ever eaten.

Thanks again for sharing.:goodvibes

Hey, I'm Italian, I have to be a good cook right? :rotfl2: Thanks for your kind words, loved having you along on our trip! Wished we had a window seat at TD because you are right, the view is beautiful.

Can't believe I missed the whole trip. Crazy life gettin' in the way:rotfl:. Loved the reviews and your humor!!!

At least you found it! Thanks for reading!

Greetings MickeyNicki. I will be making my first stay at BWI in March, so my interest is doubly peaked to hear your Review of BWI and, of course, the food. Somehow this fellow FL West Coaster missed your entire TR live. :upsidedow I enjoy your reports very much, so the good part is now I can read it like a good book, chapter after chapter, and just maybe all at once. :surfweb: I can't wait to get started.

Enjoy! If you have any questions feel free to ask. You will love the BWI, it is a wonderful resort

just read all your food report, cant believe they are all over.

thanks for sharing with us, id love to go to the food&wine festival one year :thumbsup2

Thanks to Todd, for helping you to eat all that food :goodvibes

Todd says its all in the name of Dis research :rotfl: Hope you enjoyed the reviews!

No MickeyNicki dining report until October 2012???? What will a lurker like me do??

Nicki, thanks for taking the time to allow me to enjoy a taste of Disney through your reports. They make for great reading.

Keep an eye out for us, you never know the way our plans change!

Nicki, I'm a little late with the thank yous for another great report. After 3 days I finally got power and heat back. I had to spend all day Wed, throwing everthing out of my freezer and refrigerator and then shopping to restock it. I had been staying at my mother's to keep watch over her and my 4 cats were all alone in my house. It's amazing what a mess 4 little critters can make, so the other part of the day was dedicated to house cleaning. Things are pretty much back to normal so I can catch up on your report. It sure seems like you and Todd had some really great meals. Too bad it will be such a long stretch before you get back to Disney.

Oh Jane that it terrible!! I think you need to move to Florida, a little threat of hurricanes now and then is nothing compared to lousy winter weather!

Well, I'm just getting caught up on your TR. It has been great to see all of your wonderful food pictures and relive what we just ate last week. We had a great time down at F&W Fest and are already planning on going back next year around the same time.

I loved the Pork Sliders from Hawaii! They were soooooo good. And I also loved the Coq Au Van (sp) from France. What a comfort food that was! And there were so many other things that it is hard to remember.

I did love that you could get a margarita on the rocks from the CS stand in Mexico. I will drink the frozen ones, but much prefer them on the rocks.

Well, thanks again for your live TR. You do write one of the most entertaining TR's on the boards and it is always such a pleasure to read.

Until next time. . . . . . . :flower3:

Thank you for your kind words! I am missing the F&W so much right now, I am kicking myself for forgetting to buy the cookbook....I love little bites of different stuff ;) I get to relive part of our trip next week..its our 15th anniversary and we are going to our local Shula's, hope its as great as the one in the Dolphin was!

I can't believe your report is over!! Those ten days flew by and I wasn't even at WDW! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks so much Nicki for another great report! I, too, am sad that we will (probably...) have to wait until next October for another one. I'll just have to console myself with my own trip in April :rotfl:

Tell Todd he really should try a cruise. The only valid excuse for not doing one is a fear of the water (or a tendency toward sea sickness)! I bet he'd love it!!

Kouzzina for breakfast is definately on my list!!I want the stacked breakfast!! Also on my list for breakfast is Kona and the Big Kahuna !!!

I agree that October is an awesome month to go !!Next year I will be going either May or Sept/October not sure which yet !Also going to Universal for the first time !!!

I am really getting sick and tired of work interfering with my DIS time! :laughing::laughing:

I've now caught up on your last review. Kouzzina sounds great and a place that Mark and I must try. This is part of the reason we need to go with you -- you pick great places.

And as much as we wanted to try to go the same time as you to celebrate a certain big event with you, it just won't work with Mark's Tradeshow schedule. :sad1:

Thank you for keeping me laughing until we see you in April (I hope). Love ya.

Just catching up on your DR! I love the candy store pics as well as the ones of your room at Boardwalk...the resort looks so pretty lit up.

Thanks for the reviews...have enjoyed them as always. Oh no on having no hot water on your last day :eek:

I hate for your reports to end Nicki. They are such fun and the pics are great. I've enjoyed following along. The banter between you and Todd keeps me laughing. You two seem to have met your match in each other!
Our trip is coming up soon and the hubbs and I can hardly wait. CSR here we come.

Woman you are killing me! I grew up in Saugus, my mom is in Everett and she said they have the pumpkin Eggos at the Stop & Shop in Medford. I hae had the Pep Farm bread but it isnt that pumpkin-y but I use it for french toast which I dip in an egg/milk mixure with some vanilla and pumpkin pie spice...so good!

When did you move to FL? Medford S&S hmmmm... I found the Pepperideg Farm pumpkin bread Tuesday night at Shaw's and I agree, not pumpkiny enough. It reminded me too much of their regular cinnamon swirl bread.

The pumpkin seltzer is by Polar. They have a few seasonal flavors - Granny Smith Apple, Cinnamon, Candy Cane, Pumpkin Spice and Eggnog. I'm not sure what I think, though...

Have you tried any? I'm guessing they aren't sweet at all :confused3

So I did! I went way way way out of my norm and had the new Bakalava French Toast...the server said it did have some dairy in it so I took a Lactaid and ate half of it, the platter was huge! The bread is a wonderful fig and anise country bread, nice and dense with a very subtle anise (licorice) flavor (it reminded me of the little Italian bakeries we have in Boston) and on top was hot apples and walnuts and cinnamon and honey. My bacon was super crispy and well done so I swapped it with DH's, this was real honest to gosh bacon, no fake WDW garbage here! This dish was better than the pumpkin pancakes I had at Kona and you all know how I feel about them! We both loved this dish so much and we were so bummed that we didnt eat there twice but were so glad we ate there at least once!

Oct30010.jpg

Those look amazing popcorn:: Were they a special or are they a regular item on the menu?

That French toast at Kouzzina is INCREDIBLE! Very good. The waffles are good too but not in the same league as the french toast!

Are the waffles anything special or just a regular waffle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter