Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

So now what am I supposed to do now that all of you guys are home and eating normally??? :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Nicki,

Thanks so much for sharing your dining experiences with us. Great reviews and pictures as always! :worship:

Kathy

P.S. Have you ordered the Kona Coffee yet? Just finished my last bag this morning.:eek: Must order more!

So now what am I supposed to do now that all of you guys are home and eating normally??? :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Do what I do, drool over other Diser's reviews :lmao:

Nicki,

Thanks so much for sharing your dining experiences with us. Great reviews and pictures as always! :worship:

Kathy

P.S. Have you ordered the Kona Coffee yet? Just finished my last bag this morning.:eek: Must order more!

Thanks Kathy! Funny we were just talking about you, I am going to order it this weekend...we had so much coffee to use up and I have just one bag of Kona blend left and its time for the real hard core stuff!

See what happens when you get married and take a honeymoon? You're TWO WEEKS late to a Nicki review! :eek:

Just caught up, excellent as always!

Congrats! I bet it was a gorgeous wedding and a wonderful honeymoon!

I have had the Rondele before, I like it on graham crackers. My sister bought me pumpkin marshmallows and pop tarts at WalMart lol

Do the marshmellows taste pumpkiny? My poptarts shold be arriving next weekend when my sister comes up popcorn::

Have you tried them yet?

Do the marshmellows taste pumpkiny? My poptarts shold be arriving next weekend when my sister comes up popcorn::

Have you tried them yet?

No the marshmallows are not pumpkiny at all, they are just blah so I made rice krispie treats for my nieces and added some pumpkin pie spice to them and these are the best rice krispie treats we have ever had! The poptarts filling is good but I dont care for the pastry part, too much lard. I never had a poptart before and wasnt expecting it to be that way.

Nicki, What a sheltered life you lead, you never had Pop Tarts before? Trust me when I say, they USED to taste pretty good. I used to love them, now..not so much. They have gone and made them healthy taking out all the trans-fat. I could just take cardboard from the store and put jelly on it and that's the new Pop Tarts!!!

Nicki, What a sheltered life you lead, you never had Pop Tarts before? Trust me when I say, they USED to taste pretty good. I used to love them, now..not so much. They have gone and made them healthy taking out all the trans-fat. I could just take cardboard from the store and put jelly on it and that's the new Pop Tarts!!!

:lmao: I know right? My mom never allowed us to have them and as I grew older I just forgot about them.

I do know that we were Devil Dog and Ring Ding addicts but they do not taste the same now as they did when we were kids!

:lmao: I know right? My mom never allowed us to have them and as I grew older I just forgot about them.

I do know that we were Devil Dog and Ring Ding addicts but they do not taste the same now as they did when we were kids!

Be still my heart!!! Ring Dings in the foil wrappers!! I ate them every chance I had. I don't think I have had one that tasted the same in 20 years.

Nicki... I got an email from S&D with this recipe...

1111L.jpg

Pumpkin Biscuits with Spiced Candied Walnuts

Ingredients for Pumpkin Biscuits

2 Cups Butter
3 ½ Cups Bread Flour
3 Cups Cake Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
¼ Cup Baking Powder
4 Cups Buttermilk
4 Large Eggs
1 ¼ Cups Pumpkin Puree
1/3 Cup Molasses
12 Oz Chopped Spiced Candied Walnuts

Mix all dry ingredients together with butter until it forms a cornmeal like texture. Put your hand in the mix and squeeze, if it forms into a ball then it is done. Add in the pumpkin puree and mix until same texture.

Add in eggs slowly one at a time. Scrape the bowl after each stage. Then add the buttermilk in stages. Turn mixer on and off to help incorporate liquid with out splashing.

Mix until fully incorporated. The mix will be a little loose. Add in spiced candied walnuts. Flour table surface and roll out dough to desired thickness, usually about ½” thick. Cut out using any size cutter or knife. Egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Bake at 375 until golden brown and done in the center.

It can be served with butter, honey or cranberry sauce.

Ingredients for Spiced Candied Walnuts

12 Oz Walnut pieces
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
½ Tsp Allspice

Click here for a larger view.

Method for Spiced Candied Walnuts

Roll nuts in spices. Set aside. Boil water and sugar until it comes to rolling boil for 5 minutes. Let cool a little.

Toss walnuts in the simple syrup and put on a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake at 350*F until golden brown. Let cool before adding to biscuits.

Yields: 4 Doz

Michelle, those look incredible! Guess what I am making this weekend!

I thought of you first!!! :banana::banana::banana:

make sure you take pics and post on the friendies FB...

lol about the "Flea Flicker" ! The drink is aptly named for one of Don Shula's football plays, called the Flea Flicker !

"Target has a very good pumpkin and gingerbread pancake mix, its cheap and yummy...now I need to replicate the maple walnut butter!"

Here ya go ! :goodvibes

1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (use a little more if you like more texture and crunch)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (the good stuff !)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Place the walnuts in a food processor; cover and process until the nuts are ground and begin to form a paste (personal preference here, some like it with a little more texture.)

Add the butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth and well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.

Store the butter in a covered container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving if you prefer a smoother spreading butter.

This will keep for at least 1 week, longer if frozen. (But, seriously, it's not going to last long, :laughing: lol !)

Depending on the size of your household, you can make smaller "pats" of butter in an ice cube tray, freeze, and use them one at a time . . . .
This is great on pancakes, waffles, French toast, warm corn bread, etc.

Enjoy !

"Target has a very good pumpkin and gingerbread pancake mix, its cheap and yummy...now I need to replicate the maple walnut butter!"

Here ya go ! :goodvibes

1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (use a little more if you like more texture and crunch)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (the good stuff !)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Place the walnuts in a food processor; cover and process until the nuts are ground and begin to form a paste (personal preference here, some like it with a little more texture.)

Add the butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth and well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.

Store the butter in a covered container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving if you prefer a smoother spreading butter.

This will keep for at least 1 week, longer if frozen. (But, seriously, it's not going to last long, :laughing: lol !)

Depending on the size of your household, you can make smaller "pats" of butter in an ice cube tray, freeze, and use them one at a time . . . .
This is great on pancakes, waffles, French toast, warm corn bread, etc.

Enjoy !

mmmmmm sounds really good!!!:thumbsup2 gotta copy this for my Christmas brunch!!:goodvibes

Oct27night008.jpg

... and yes I was forced to share with the envious beast sitting across from me!

We'll be going to WDW next week and enjoyed your photos and reviews. My dd (8) cracked up and almost rolled out on the floor :rotfl: with your comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter