Heard a family is suing Disney because of a bite ?..??

I live in central Florida and there was more on the evening news last night.

The death was of the 8 yo boy's 90 year old great-grandmother. She past away 2 days after the bite.

The lawyer held a press conference yesterday. He has not yet filed the lawsuit. Further investigation by the TV station was that the lawyer held the news conference to see if any other people would come forward with similar stories of snake bites at WDW.

Gotta love Morgan and Morgan. :rolleyes1

Laura

I wonder if I could hire Mr. Morgan if I got bit by a spider in his firms parking lot. Wait a minute, that would be a conflict of interest. I guess I would have to hire another sleazy attorney.

While I highly question the motives behind the suit, I can see that it's at least plausible that they could be correct. From what I've read in the past, the way a woman feels during a cardiac episode is different than what a man feels, and it isn't necessarily dramatically instant the way it is with men. I looked up some of the symptoms a woman feels and some could easily be confused with the side effects of a tiring day at Disney. Fatigue, sweating, nausea.

So what I'd want to know is exactly how long transpired between the bite and the grandmother's death and whether that's within the timeframe the two can be linked. Until then, I hesitate to be so quick to scoff a the family's account of the story, that the bite caused the grandmother's heart to give.

I haven't read other articles other than the one linked early in this thread, so I don't know any more details. But if she was indeed 90, the possibility is that the timing of the trip and her natural death were tragically close together.

With that said, even if the family is correct and the bite triggered a delayed cardiac event, should Disney be held liable for a wild snake roaming the outdoors? I say no.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney offers a settlement.

Every day is important and valuable no matter what your age, but once you hit 90, it's highly likely that you will die of a cardiovascular event as opposed to other causes like cancer, etc. It most likely was her day to go. Perhaps going to theme parks was a bit too much for a woman of her age, but that's not Disney's fault.

In November when my Alabama family was leaving Animal Kingdom a snake tried to bite my grown son as we walked down the sidewalk to the parking lot. It came out of the hedges without warning. It was trying to strike him. Maybe Disney should put traps around areas where guests have the right to be walking. I had always heard snakes ran away when they heard people coming towards them but this one didn't. I'm just glad he wasn't bitten and no harm was done to our family.

In November when my Alabama family was leaving Animal Kingdom a snake tried to bite my grown son as we walked down the sidewalk to the parking lot. It came out of the hedges without warning. It was trying to strike him. Maybe Disney should put traps around areas where guests have the right to be walking. I had always heard snakes ran away when they heard people coming towards them but this one didn't. I'm just glad he wasn't bitten and no harm was done to our family.

They generally do, but if they feel threatened will strike.

Even if Disney put out traps (and for all I know they may) there's no way to keep snakes out of area as large as Animal Kingdom.

Hell I can't keep them off my driveway!

Probably a cotton mouth--- they are aggressive when defending their nest-- I have a friend who was fishing in a small lake, and a cotton mouth entered the water from the opposite side of the lake, headed directly for him across the water, came out on the bank and began attacking him. He had to kill it.

It was a dark colored snake. That would have been terrible if a cotton mouth had bitten him. Our 2 year old grandson was in a stroller just behind him. It might have given me a heart attack if it had bitten either of them. We all just ran into the road and warned people coming from the other direction why. The rest of our trip we were always "scanning" ahead of us on all the walkways, especially the walkway from the Poly to the TTC.

Thank you for your reply is there anything we can do to protect ourselves.

Poor women what kind of people would not take care of grandmom she was upset and at 90 being upset is no joke. She needed attention. What a shame.

You must always be on the lookout at Disney. There's a lot of woods, a lot of grassland, a lot of swamp with just clusters of buildings in the form of parks and hotels scattered around the property.

We've seen a lot of innocuous wildlife there ofc. We've only seen one snake. It was a young coral snake, about 15" long. We were in the lazy river at either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, can't recall which. It was swimming against the current up against the wall on the outer edge of the river, I guess it fell in somehow. We notified the next lifeguard we saw about 15 yards down the river. He jumped in with a net and was trying to catch it from afar as we went around the corner.

I don't sleep on the lazy rivers anymore, lol.

yep, we had a snake swimming with us in the lazy river too. Told the guard, and quite a few responded. Luckily, no body seemed to care or try to catch the snake.

So sad. But man, I would have gone crazy if one had fell out of a tree on me. If it did it to my DS, I might have gasped, but would not have been upset and rushed him to first aid.

Some lawyers will give other lawyers a bad name.

A few years ago walking into AK, where the trees are almost covering you, a small snake fell out of a tree and landed on my adult daughters' shoulder and then the ground. It hissed up at us. No offense but it nearly gave us all a heart attack. We are always on the lookout now

While I highly question the motives behind the suit, I can see that it's at least plausible that they could be correct. From what I've read in the past, the way a woman feels during a cardiac episode is different than what a man feels, and it isn't necessarily dramatically instant the way it is with men. I looked up some of the symptoms a woman feels and some could easily be confused with the side effects of a tiring day at Disney. Fatigue, sweating, nausea.

So what I'd want to know is exactly how long transpired between the bite and the grandmother's death and whether that's within the timeframe the two can be linked. Until then, I hesitate to be so quick to scoff a the family's account of the story, that the bite caused the grandmother's heart to give.

I haven't read other articles other than the one linked early in this thread, so I don't know any more details. But if she was indeed 90, the possibility is that the timing of the trip and her natural death were tragically close together.

With that said, even if the family is correct and the bite triggered a delayed cardiac event, should Disney be held liable for a wild snake roaming the outdoors? I say no.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney offers a settlement.
I hope that Disney does not give them any money. There are signs everywhere posted throughout the parks, although they maybe on the rides. Now the question is did she ride any rides before or after the incident with the snake. Also I hope the Disney Lawyers which I am sure they are, look into her past medical history.

I stubbed my toe yesterday while thinking about my last visit to Disney World. Can I sue?

OMG!!! Hilarious!!! DS15 had told me about this story that he had heard about on Instagram, so I was familiar with it. I saw the story-link below, as I was perusing the DisBoards, and it peaked my interest. I began reading all the posts out to my husband from downstairs, while he was in the loft. When I read this one, we both split a gut laughing!!! Thanks for the Friday night entertainment!

You must always be on the lookout at Disney. There's a lot of woods, a lot of grassland, a lot of swamp with just clusters of buildings in the form of parks and hotels scattered around the property.

We've seen a lot of innocuous wildlife there ofc.

This is why I always used to pack some heat. I'd blow a snake away if it came near me. But now that there's metal detectors I can't do that anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter