Heard a family is suing Disney because of a bite ?..??

So who is at fault here? The kid got bit by a snake and got a band-aid. The family went back into the park while grandma is going into cardiac arrest! They didn't want to miss the last hours at AK so no one called an ambulance for her? If my Mom or Grandma was having a heart attack I think that would be my priority not leaving her for Disney to take care of while I return to the park. Maybe Disney should be suing the family for not taking care of their own family.

You can tell the escaped snakes at AK because they are wearing stripes. :mic: (drum snare)

So, what if all of this did happen? If a wild, non poisonous snake bit the kid in an outdoor amusement park, and grandma did die from the stress of it, how is any of that disney 's fault? They didn't provide the snake or the heart condition. The nurse provided care for the child, who had no residual effects. Grandma was never treated by Disney staff, so they can't claim medical negligence. It is sad and unfortunate, but Disney shouldn't have to pay. Sounds like an inexperienced lawyer saw dollar signs and filed a frivolous suit. Of course they should realize that Disney's deep pockets means they can afford good lawyers to shut this case down.

It's not an inexperienced lawyer, just one with a reputation! Morgan & Morgan are definitely well known in the Orlando area, and it looks like the son is following in his fathers footsteps.

If a wild, non poisonous snake bit the kid in an outdoor amusement park, and grandma did die from the stress of it, how is any of that disney 's fault?

They are at fault, because they are the rich corporation closest to the incident. If the child or the grandmother were drinking a Coke at the time, they would also sue Coke. The key is to fight for the settlement, and thus enrich the lawyers further and get a new monthly check to add to your disability income...

So who is at fault here? The kid got bit by a snake and got a band-aid. The family went back into the park while grandma is going into cardiac arrest! They didn't want to miss the last hours at AK so no one called an ambulance for her? If my Mom or Grandma was having a heart attack I think that would be my priority not leaving her for Disney to take care of while I return to the park. Maybe Disney should be suing the family for not taking care of their own family.

You can tell the escaped snakes at AK because they are wearing stripes. :mic: (drum snare)

The cardiac arrest thing makes no sense to me. Cardiac arrest literally means your heart has stop. You have died, unless CpR and advanced life support bring you back. There is no mistaking Cardiac arrest for something else and continuing on with your day, because you are unresponsive. If grandma didn't have immediate Cardiac arrest like the time line suggests, then her death could have been caused by the stress of, I dont know, walking around a theme park all day with a bad heart. Which is her pushy family's fault, not disney's.

Speaking of snakes at WDW.

I was walking back solo from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk. On the path that goes along the canal, where the boats are. I was on my phone just being the typical millennial checking out Facebook and Twitter when I noticed I stepped on a snake. Luckily, I didn't get bit. But I ran faster than I have ever ran before.

Ironically, I was rocking my 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' shirt, this couple saw me dead sprinting, I yelled at them there is a snake back there.

The whole suing because of the Grandmother's death that sounds like it didn't happen until later is a little over the top.

However, with that said. If a snake fell on me from a tree at AK. I would freak out and possibly have a heart attack myself.

Gotta agree - if a snake fell on me, I would freak out enough to likely cause a general guest panic...and getting bit on top...not sure I'd live through it:)...that kid must have amazing nerves...

Now, if I saw it in my path before it bit me - not so freaked - it's the out of nowhere part that would be so jarring (had a giant spider drop on my arm once when I was walking to my basement in my newly bought house and I literally almost fell down the steps...and we had an exterminator in our house the next day b/c I wasn't sure could save myself a 2nd time)...

Unfortunate for family that Grandmother died. As someone who doesn't like snakes, or even the little salamanders that are everywhere this thread has not helped my over the top fears!:scared:
I now cant walk near the grass, near the water, under trees, and less not even talk about the alligators.

I once was on a ropes course. Relieved to make it to a tree. I put my hand on the tree. Yep, a nice foot long slug was there where I place my hand.

Unfortunate for family that Grandmother died. As someone who doesn't like snakes, or even the little salamanders that are everywhere this thread has not helped my over the top fears!:scared:
I now cant walk near the grass, near the water, under trees, and less not even talk about the alligators.

Well you can't walk on dirt paths either because some snakes are that color and blend right in...

I'm sorry am I not helping? :D

The whole suing because of the Grandmother's death that sounds like it didn't happen until later is a little over the top.

However, with that said. If a snake fell on me from a tree at AK. I would freak out and possibly have a heart attack myself.

I'm with you on that!

So the reading of this story on several sources is that the family is "planning" to sue Disney....so this sounds like they're making it public to see if Disney wants to "settle" this even before it becomes a lawsuit.
Correct the suit hasn't actually been filed yet.

How low can a family go? What a way to dishonor your mother/grandmother's memory. It will be very embarrassing for them at the family reunion. The attorney is making a long-shot bid for a settlement because he knows the suit won't go anywhere.

Speaking of snakes at WDW.

I was walking back solo from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk. On the path that goes along the canal, where the boats are. I was on my phone just being the typical millennial checking out Facebook and Twitter when I noticed I stepped on a snake. Luckily, I didn't get bit. But I ran faster than I have ever ran before.

Ironically, I was rocking my 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' shirt, this couple saw me dead sprinting, I yelled at them there is a snake back there.
Wait - you didn't stop and render first aid to the snake you stepped on???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter