Have you gotten what you wanted for December?

Thank you for starting this thread! I was actually going to ask everyone if they felt the now officially named "Fall Frenzy" was less manic than years past. Now, for the first time, I wasn't looking at studios, so my perception might be very skewed. However, I went online today and had my choice of 1BD at VWL, BCV, VGF, BWV, BLT, and I didn't check the others. BLT was missing Standard view, but all views at all other resorts were widely available, even Standard at BWV, which really surprised me. We decided to go with VWL/BWV, but I could have easily booked a full week at either those or any of the others I looked at. I was surprised that VGF Standard was available.

Sounds like studios were more the focus for sure!

Booking 1BR's has not ever been like booking studios - which makes it very nice when that's what you're going for! Far less angst. :goodvibes

I've never walked a reservation before but decided to walk this one since I really wanted a 1 BR standard view at BLT. I started looking on 11/30 and they were booking up, some of the days were even booked, so when I saw Dec 2nd opened, I jumped on board for a reservation from Dec 2 - 9. I moved it this morning for the dates of Dec 8 - 15th and need to add one more night to complete our reservation. We plan on being there from Dec 8th - 16th.

Got my 1BR standard at BLT for early Dec. I was watching availability like a hawk - was interesting to see how right around Christmas no one seemed to be booking and how quick things booked up once Jan 2 rolled around.
Probably due to Marathon Weekend . That's incredibly popular with DVC members - we must have several members who either run or have family/friends that run.

I know for 2018, we'll head to Vero sooner than we did this year. Whether it was runners coming early, the end of black out period for some APs, or schools out for the whole week, but the parks were crazy crowded between NY day and marathon weekend. So, we are looking for a shorter WDW stay that week next year.

Well, I believe my waitlist has filled at VGF as the walkers walked past so I got the studio. I'm not surprised - I've had that more than once during the fall time.

I was able to get 12/2 - 12/9 AKV Value studio. I am absolutely NOT an advocate for "walking" a reservation and would be very happy if DVC somehow shut this down. BUT, it has become more and more difficult to get this time period due to walkers so when I saw a week become available starting November 28th, I grabbed it - then called the morning of the 2nd and modified to the dates I really needed. Trust me, I didn't feel good about doing it. :sad:

I check every few days to see if any of those dates have opened up yet . . . and they haven't so maybe it isn't walkers. :confused3

I was able to get 12/2 - 12/9 AKV Value studio. I am absolutely NOT an advocate for "walking" a reservation and would be very happy if DVC somehow shut this down. BUT, it has become more and more difficult to get this time period due to walkers so when I saw a week become available starting November 28th, I grabbed it - then called the morning of the 2nd and modified to the dates I really needed. Trust me, I didn't feel good about doing it. :sad:

I check every few days to see if any of those dates have opened up yet . . . and they haven't so maybe it isn't walkers. :confused3

Agreed that it isn't always walkers. It's also a very busy time so people just want to book then. But, if groups of days open up afterwards then it likely was walkers.

We added a couple more nights at BLT, so we are booked from 11/30 - 12/14, however we might drop a couple of days if our plans change. We so looking forward to being at WDW in early December again.

I want five nights around the second week of December in a 2 bedroom standard view at BWV. I have been checking to see how the booking has been going. Every morning, the villas are gone before 8:30 am. I finally booked 4 nights this morning - I will tweak the dates in the coming days to get our exact stay right. Standard view villas at BWV can be challenging to book :)

Yes, I did just this morning. DW and my annual get away the 2nd week of Dec for DW's birthday get-away and our chance to enjoy the holidays for ourselves. We have been every years since '93 the 2nd week of Dec and intend to keep up the annual tradition. We have changed out to other than HR for 95% of the get-aways and most likely will do so again this time.

Reserved our 1-BR BWV BoardWalk view for Dec. 2-9 - was able to do it while riding the Friendship Boat from BWV to DHS on Jan. 2!

Then Saturday's half marathon got cancelled due to lightning, and DD & DSiL decided they're going to try for the W&D Half in Nov. If they get it, we may be trying to switch our dates and unit size :crazy2: ! Hopefully we'll know long before the 7-month window opens.

Reserved our 1-BR BWV BoardWalk view for Dec. 2-9 - was able to do it while riding the Friendship Boat from BWV to DHS on Jan. 2!

Then Saturday's half marathon got cancelled due to lightning, and DD & DSiL decided they're going to try for the W&D Half in Nov. If they get it, we may be trying to switch our dates and unit size :crazy2: ! Hopefully we'll know long before the 7-month window opens.
I hope so! November could be hard.

I scored a BWV Studio Standard for Dec 8-15th. I started watching for them on Jan 1st and everything was always booked by the time I got there. So, when one popped open on Jan 8th, I was really surprised and grabbed it as fast as I could!! :yay: I'll have to add a couple of days to the end of the trip later, but I'm super stoked that I was able to get this!!!

We are booked for December 6 - 16th at BRV. We are excited to be going back to the WL. We haven't stayed there for a while.

First called to book a Studio at BLT on 5 Jan for a 5-19 Dec trip and was told the Standard View was not available for the first two nights and the Lake View was available for all seven nights. Went with the Lake view and did daily call backs, adding another night, until today and now have the two weeks fully booked.

I book 12/15-12/22 on Sunday with no problems. Called back today to modify, 12/16-12/24, needed our extra days. I didn't want to take any chance on Deluxe SV. Probably should have kept the 15th, but that will be the last day of school & flight times do not always work out with school dismissal time.

VGF here we come! I love Christmas at Disney, especially at VGF. This will be our 2nd time visiting during December. :santa:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter