Have you gotten what you wanted for December?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
i have. I wanted SV 1 bedroom @ BWV Dec 3-9. I also booked the weekend before in a 1 bedroom at VWL but was not concerned about that one

A friend I travel with tried for a value studio AKV for my BWV time and was unable to get it.

I got a VGF standard studio for Dec 3-10. We love VGF at Christmas.
Great! This past December was our year for staying at VGF! We bought enough to stay every 2 or 3 years apart. We love it, too!

For December:

I got our SV 1 bedroom at the BWV. When I checked earlier today, there was still availability for 1 bedrooms in all BWV categories, including standard view.

The standard view studios were pretty much gone except for 1 or 2 scattered nights. The Boardwalk view studios were also pretty much gone, but with a few more scattered nights than the SV category still available. Pool/Garden view studios were still available for all nights. It does look like the standard view and Boardwalk view studios are being walked.

For December:

I got our SV 1 bedroom at the BWV. When I checked earlier today, there was still availability for 1 bedrooms in all BWV categories, including standard view.

The standard view studios were pretty much gone except for 1 or 2 scattered nights. The Boardwalk view studios were also pretty much gone, but with a few more scattered nights than the SV category still available. Pool/Garden view studios were still available for all nights. It does look like the standard view and Boardwalk view studios are being walked.
It's good we wanted 1 bedroom villas!:)

I got BWV GV 12/3-8, so excited. I screwed up and didn't go online to reserve it until the 4th. Amazingly the nights were available but I had checked on availability from the wrong contract so would have had to borrow 200 pnts. I closed out of that contract and went to the other and by then the nights were booked. I can't tell you how bad I felt, like such an idiot :( The next day I went online to see when I needed to bank my points by and for some reason checked availability again and there they were again, every night we wanted, I did not screw up this time. Was definitely feeling the pixiedust:

Was shut out of a value studio at AKV for the first time ever...so we decided to stay at Kidani for a change, in a standard studio. I wasn't really surprised but kinda disappointed there was no availability even for those of us who stalk and try. I probably could have waitlisted or pieced a week together somehow...but I am so lucky we are going at all. I am incredibly thankful to have DVC.

So excited to take my parents in May. My Mother had a major surgery ( life saving actually) in May 2016. So this May they are headed back with us. She will be in a wheelchair to protect her from crowd shifts and getting bumped around...but I have my Mama. She is excited too. Sorry just had to share.

Was shut out of a value studio at AKV for the first time ever...so we decided to stay at Kidani for a change, in a standard studio. I wasn't really surprised but kinda disappointed there was no availability even for those of us who stalk and try. I probably could have waitlisted or pieced a week together somehow...but I am so lucky we are going at all. I am incredibly thankful to have DVC.

So excited to take my parents in May. My Mother had a major surgery ( life saving actually) in May 2016. So this May they are headed back with us. She will be in a wheelchair to protect her from crowd shifts and getting bumped around...but I have my Mama. She is excited too. Sorry just had to share.
Hope that both of your trips are wonderful, Lu. You are so lucky to be taking your mother. I treasure the memories of trips to WDW with my mom. That is one of the best things about DVC--being in such a magical place with loved ones.

Hahaha I was just thinking of you and Mr Bob. Yes, it is magical with loved ones...awesome when you get to met Dissers in real life too. Mama is a trip and Daddy and I are talking about how to pack the car with luggage, cane, wheelchair and walker :flower:Take care my friend.

Treasure each trip with family! My mom passed Dec 29, 2016 at 97. She was the reason we finally bought DVC so we could celebrate her 85th birthday at BWV in 2004!!!! She enjoyed WDW so much, and we were able to have a 4 generation visit in 2006!

Her birthday was in December, so she loved the Candlelight Processional and all Christmas decorations. We always remember her when we go at that time.

My brother in law passed this NY Day. 2 years ago he and my DSis enjoyed the NYE festivities. I am so happy they got to experience that fantastic night at Epcot.

Treasure each trip with family! My mom passed Dec 29, 2016 at 97. She was the reason we finally bought DVC so we could celebrate her 85th birthday at BWV in 2004!!!! She enjoyed WDW so much, and we were able to have a 4 generation visit in 2006!

Her birthday was in December, so she loved the Candlelight Processional and all Christmas decorations. We always remember her when we go at that time.

My brother in law passed this NY Day. 2 years ago he and my DSis enjoyed the NYE festivities. I am so happy they got to experience that fantastic night at Epcot.
Gosh, Bobbi, losing your mom and your brother-in-law within 3 days of each other is rough. I am glad that DVC has helped you to have so many happy memories.

So this morning was pretty tight. It was slim to no pickings for anyone who wanted studios at the tough bookings. I had decided to try and extend onto a reservation we have at AKV and figured I'd see if I lucked out on using our few VGF points or else a Boardwalk view studio but both have been gone for a day or two so not even a chance. Guess I just have to stick to our 1BR's or may just shorten the trip. If I still extend then poor me - a 1BR? Whatever shall I do with all that lovely space? :rotfl:

My condolences Bobbi on the passing of your mother and BIL. :hug:

My mother is in good part the reason that we decided to take the plunge into DVC. Trips to WDW were certainly very common for us but when she moved in with us she could no longer say no to coming and it really became our most enjoyable vacation to take. She was the one who would be the first to ask when we were going back. :) Having the villas was the best and worked out perfectly. We did not have all that long to travel with her but I'm glad for every minute of every trip that we had! She's always in our thoughts on every visit we make.

Got up early this morning and was able to get our VGF 1 br standard vacation december 7th through 13th. Was nervous because every morning for the last week I'd check and the first day was already booked up. Had considered walking but wasn't even given the option to start because no availability. Made sure to try right at opening time this morning and got it!

We have 11/30 - 12/12 booked at BLT TP view. We want to add a day or two more.

Got my 1BR standard at BLT for early Dec. I was watching availability like a hawk - was interesting to see how right around Christmas no one seemed to be booking and how quick things booked up once Jan 2 rolled around.

Got up early this morning and was able to get our VGF 1 br standard vacation december 7th through 13th. Was nervous because every morning for the last week I'd check and the first day was already booked up. Had considered walking but wasn't even given the option to start because no availability. Made sure to try right at opening time this morning and got it!
Had the same experience watching the VWL studio I wanted. But was able to get just what I wanted at 8AM on booking day. I think it helped that my first day was a Friday - when I had been checking a few days before the first day was always gone.

Thank you for starting this thread! I was actually going to ask everyone if they felt the now officially named "Fall Frenzy" was less manic than years past. Now, for the first time, I wasn't looking at studios, so my perception might be very skewed. However, I went online today and had my choice of 1BD at VWL, BCV, VGF, BWV, BLT, and I didn't check the others. BLT was missing Standard view, but all views at all other resorts were widely available, even Standard at BWV, which really surprised me. We decided to go with VWL/BWV, but I could have easily booked a full week at either those or any of the others I looked at. I was surprised that VGF Standard was available.

Sounds like studios were more the focus for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter