Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, if you don't mind me asking here rather than starting an entirely new thread. From what I hear, starting next week in my state all adults are eligible and teens aged 16 and 17 with a parent's approval. A vaccinated friend told me she is NOT getting her teen son vaccinated. She says she's fine taking the slight risk herself but not with making that decision for her child. I'm planning on getting my 17-year-old daughter vaccinated. Would anyone else hesitate to do this?
No hesitation here. Mine are 15 and will get it as soon as it’s available to them.

Well, that was an interesting 24 hours. 2nd Moderna was Tues. am and I was fine until about 4pm. Then headache, fever, chills and body aches. By this afternoon, everything gone except for slight headache and tired feeling, probably because I only slept about 3 hous last night.
Meanwhile my wife got her first dose today and has no side affects at all.

48 hours past my second Pfizer dose, and hardly any symptoms. My arm was a little sore Monday and yesterday, but less so than with the first shot. I had a slight headache yesterday afternoon and was tired, but I have kids so really that’s normal. 🤷‍♀️

Three friends also got their second Pfizer in the last week and had no symptoms other than some slight arm soreness.

Big day tomorrow...my sister (26) gets her first vax! Then my ENTIRE FAMILY has had at least one dose! We represent all the vaxxes...4 Pfizer (my uncle, me, DH, my grandma), 2 Moderna (my dad, probably my sister) and 2 J&J (my brother and SIL). We joke we can run our own effectiveness clinical trial 😉. Obviously my kids (10, 6) aren’t vaxxed.

Ohio is rocking it! Never thought we’d get everyone with at least 1 shot by April 1!

Nobody can answer that because nobody knows. There has never been a messenger RNA vaccine before. I’m concerned about long term autoimmune issues developing. I am not an anti vaxxer, never refused a shot in my life. I’d do the J&J which is made from dead Covid like a traditional vaccine but nothing will assuage my fears about mRNA except time.

I was exactly where you are when my Dr. told me that years after the Spanish flu pandemic there was an increased incidence of Parkinsons in people that had contracted the Spanish flu. He explained to me that there is NO way to know 100% about the long term effects of the vaccine nor the long term effects of COVID.

This helped me to decide to get the vaccine.

It is, and should be, a decision that takes some thought.

Great, you talked me out of that one too!

I work for the DoD and am stuck in Italy. I don’t have freedom of movement or have any options really.

Frankly, I’m prepared to walk away from this job, move to the country and lock myself away from this world.

Listen to your gut. Don't cave into pressure. Do your own research, and look for many different sources of information.

Last edited:
Back with my side effects report!

I received my first Moderna vaccine yesterday at about 9 AM. By 1 PM, my arm was pretty sore. It’s more sore today, but I’m still functional. No other side effects.

My husband had his 2 days ago. He had arm soreness and fatigue yesterday. Today, he says his arm is still a little sore, but better than yesterday.

So now we wait 4 weeks to see what shot #2 has in store for us!

I have a question, if you don't mind me asking here rather than starting an entirely new thread. From what I hear, starting next week in my state all adults are eligible and teens aged 16 and 17 with a parent's approval. A vaccinated friend told me she is NOT getting her teen son vaccinated. She says she's fine taking the slight risk herself but not with making that decision for her child. I'm planning on getting my 17-year-old daughter vaccinated. Would anyone else hesitate to do this?
There is a similar thread on here called something like "COVID vaccine for a teenager" that you might be interested in.

I did have "more concerns" about vaccinating my teen than myself, particularly concerning long-term side effects that just might not be known yet. (It's one thing to take the risk myself, but another to make that decision for someone else, even though as a parent, you kind of do it daily.) However, I talked to several people who have much more knowledge about this stuff than I do and they all felt that the risk of long-term side effects were pretty low. One was her pediatrician. Another is a doctor who actually on the Moderna development team (friend of my sister's -- my sister arranged a conference call so we could both hear what she had to say) and she felt that the mRNA vaccines were very "clean." She thought the biggest likely side effect is that they might trigger an autoimmune disease response in some people who were predisposed to it anyway. (I have one of those -- wouldn't wish it on anyone.) But everyone I talked to still 100% recommends vaccinating teens as soon as they're eligible as they felt that it was less risky than potential long-term effects of COVID, which also aren't completely known. I also talked to my daughter and she was very in favor of getting the vaccine a.s.a.p. (she wants her life back), so we went ahead and did it. She got her first dose about a week and a half ago.

Last edited:
I'm expecting an invitation to get my first dose of AstraZeneca somewhere in the next few weeks and I have to admit I am both excited for it (doing my part yay), but also a little nervous. So far everyone I know who have gotten their first dose of AstraZeneca have had to call in sick to work the next two days. I totally take a higher level of protection against Covid19 over a few days of feeling a bit under the weather. Probably mainly feel nervous about maybe having to call in sick to work for the first time since working there... But we'll see. Maybe my symptoms won't be that bad.

I'll keep you guys posted if I don't forget.

Just got back from getting my first dose of Moderna....:cheer2:

Walked into my medical office, signed in and was given information on the vaccine and the v-safe. They took me right away, didn't even feel the shot which was amazing as I hate needles...nurse suggested I get it on the opposite side I sleep on so I did that. Most people had to wait around for 15 minutes but they had me stay for 30 min...I think because I have some medication allergies. Arms a little sore so far but I took some tylenol when I got home just in case. I had Covid in December so I'm expecting to feel something a little later, but if I don't then great. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
It gets worse with the 2nd Shingles shot. Another series that is TOTALLY worth it, but damn - the side effects from that series DWARF the ones I've experience so far with Pfizer...
It must vary. My first shingles shot I was in bed for 2 days. Fever, general malaise. It was bad. The second one I felt a little blah for like half a day. No fever or anything.

I got my first Pfizer dose about five hours ago. I did it through Operation Safe in Kansas City which I have to say was incredibly well run. So far, I've noticed a few small things - a slight metallic taste when I was driving home that only lasted five or ten minutes, some very mild dizziness for about an hour, and I now just have a feeling of being "out of it". I was experiencing a bit of stress/anxiety before the shot so those last two may be an emotional response rather than side effects of the shot. Very happy to have the first one done and will report back if anything significant happens in the next day or so.

My brother in law just got first dose (of Pfizer) as soon as the county opened up for 16+. These county locations together are at almost a 7k/day rate.
Confirmed that the entire county (including the pharmacies such as CVS) are not giving out the vaccination cards.
What proof are they giving you that you had the vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter