Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in law just got first dose (of Pfizer) as soon as the county opened up for 16+. These county locations together are at almost a 7k/day rate.
Confirmed that the entire county (including the pharmacies such as CVS) are not giving out the vaccination cards.
I don't agree with this-But is there any chance they give the card when both shots are completed?
Honestly this sounds like a story that the local news should cover. They need to explain why they are withholding cards.

Wife and I had our first Moderna shot. First day of eligibility a few weeks ago in Georgia which was anyone over 16 and overweight (plus a laundry list of possible issues). Most of Georgia was eligible at that point. Wide open now to all over 16. Sore arm is all. We have a card with a sticker and lot number. We bring it back on the 15th for the second sticker. We expect to be down for a day.

What proof are they giving you that you had the vaccine?
I don't agree with this-But is there any chance they give the card when both shots are completed?
Honestly this sounds like a story that the local news should cover. They need to explain why they are withholding cards.

This is why I’ve been saying previously that vaccination passports and such are nonsense unless there’s a nationalized standard all across the country. Follows suit of how terrible contact tracing has been with so many tried and failed apps and programs in this country.

Those vaccination cards were not intended to be used as proof of vaccination. They were intended as a paper copy of a reminder for your second dose.

So, no, the county’s lack of handing out vaccination cards is not a newsworthy matter. In this county, one needs to create an account either by phone or online to get a vaccine appt. The reminder for the second shot happens either by text, email, or phone depending on preference chosen.

As I mentioned, most, if not everyone, can just call their medical providers office to update them that one received a vaccine. I have not heard of a single medical office that requires a patient to come in and actually provide some kind of proof that a shot was administered. This is how Kaiser and Sutter is doing it. And there is your proof if you want. Just get a copy of your vaccination record from your doctor.

Does anyone know what happens if you received the vaccination card and you happened to lose it?

Last edited:
Update on my first Pfizer shot. First couple of days, I had a sore arm and some body aches. Those are gone now. Now, I'm just fatigued, so I took the day off. Anyone else have delayed fatigue? I'm not looking forward to the second one. But I can't wait to get it over with. I want to be conscious for May.

This is why I’ve been saying previously that vaccination passports and such are nonsense unless there’s a nationalized standard all across the country. Follows suit of how terrible contact tracing has been with so many tried and failed apps and programs in this country.

Those vaccination cards were not intended to be used as proof of vaccination. They were intended as a paper copy of a reminder for your second dose.

So, no, the county’s lack of handing out vaccination cards is not a newsworthy matter. In this county, one needs to create an account either by phone or online to get a vaccine appt. The reminder for the second shot happens either by text, email, or phone depending on preference chosen.

As I mentioned, most, if not everyone, can just call their medical providers office to update them that one received a vaccine. I have not heard of a single medical office that requires a patient to come in and actually provide some kind of proof that a shot was administered. This is how Kaiser and Sutter is doing it. And there is your proof if you want. Just get a copy of your vaccination record from your doctor.

Does anyone know what happens if you received the vaccination card and you happened to lose it?

This addresses it.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/a...cine-card-What-to-do-if-you-lose-16070378.php
And while it doesn’t have anything to with anything official, showing it did score me a free cup of coffee over the weekend.

ETA: filling out DD’s Kaiser portal where it asks if you got a dose outside of them, it does require putting in the lot number. Where do you find that info without the card?

I got my first dose of Pfizer at 3pm yesterday. My arm is sore and late last night I had that starting-to-get-sick feeling before bed. I feel fine today and, honestly, my feeling punky may have had nothing to do with the vaccine. It’d been raining for two days straight, I’d spent 3 1/2 hours in the car, and I’d slept poorly the night before, so it may have been from that.

Here’s a picture of the mass vaccination site I went to. It’s the second-closest to Atlanta. The lot in the foreground has been set up to handle lines of traffic, but was not in use. I think there are a total of two other cars ahead of me? I had to wait a few extra minutes because they were only thawing vaccines “on demand” as cars pulled in. It looks like Georgia has more supply than demand. :(
F5B32446-273A-4144-90F1-BEA1787EF2C2.jpeg

I got my first dose of Pfizer at 3pm yesterday. My arm is sore and late last night I had that starting-to-get-sick feeling before bed. I feel fine today and, honestly, my feeling punky may have had nothing to do with the vaccine. It’d been raining for two days straight, I’d spent 3 1/2 hours in the car, and I’d slept poorly the night before, so it may have been from that.

Here’s a picture of the mass vaccination site I went to. It’s the second-closest to Atlanta. The lot in the foreground has been set up to handle lines of traffic, but was not in use. I think there are a total of two other cars ahead of me? I had to wait a few extra minutes because they were only thawing vaccines “on demand” as cars pulled in. It looks like Georgia has more supply than demand. :(
View attachment 566501

When I lived in Atlanta, I remember it raining a lot. Is there any plans to move these indoors?

This addresses it.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/a...cine-card-What-to-do-if-you-lose-16070378.php
And while it doesn’t have anything to with anything official, showing it did score me a free cup of coffee over the weekend.

ETA: filling out DD’s Kaiser portal where it asks if you got a dose outside of them, it does require putting in the lot number. Where do you find that info without the card?

As I mentioned, a county resident needs to create an account with the county as part of requesting a vaccine appt. This account keeps a record of the lot number and appt info if you ever need to reference it. It also sends you an automatic reminder through your preferred contact method for the second dose. So, no need for a vaccination card. It’s called EHR. The same (though maybe a different vendor) system used by one’s doctor’s office. Not sure why we need to move backward as a society when EMRs have been in use for decades.

Does the Kaiser portal not let you move forward without entering in the lot number? I called in for my grandmother, so I’m not familiar. Though I had the lot number for my grandmother, the office didn’t care whether I knew it or not. They were going to make a record that she got the vaccine regardless. I’m not advocating lying, but just pointing out again that providers do not require any kind of proof to make a record in your files.

I’m sure any place that accepts those vaccine cards as proof will equally accept a copy of one’s vaccination medical record as valid proof if necessary. If anything, a personal medical record from a provider should be more official. That is what schools request after all.

ETA: Not sure how else to clarify it. The vaccine cards were not intended to be used as proof. It was meant to be used as a paper alternative to an appointment reminder.

Last edited:
As I mentioned, a county resident needs to create an account with the county as part of requesting a vaccine appt. This account keeps a record of the lot number and appt info if you ever need to reference it. It also sends you an automatic reminder through your preferred contact method for the second dose. So, no need for a vaccination card. It’s called EHR. The same (though maybe a different vendor) system used by one’s doctor’s office. Not sure why we need to move backward as a society when EMRs have been in use for decades.

Does the Kaiser portal not let you move forward without entering in the lot number? I called in for my grandmother, so I’m not familiar. Though I had the lot number for my grandmother, the office didn’t care whether I knew it or not. They were going to make a record that she got the vaccine regardless. I’m not advocating lying, but just pointing out again that providers do not require any kind of proof to make a record in your files.

I’m sure any place that accepts those vaccine cards as proof will equally accept a copy of one’s vaccination medical record as valid proof if necessary. If anything, a personal medical record from a provider should be more official. That is what schools request after all.

ETA: Not sure how else to clarify it. The vaccine cards were not intended to be used as proof. It was meant to be used as a paper alternative to an appointment reminder.
Correct that it won’t let you move forward without the date of the vaccination & the lot number.

When I lived in Atlanta, I remember it raining a lot. Is there any plans to move these indoors?
I don’t know anything about future plans. I will say, I don’t see why it would be necessary, though. You never have to get out of your car and the two locations where you interact with a vaccine worker, when giving your QR code and getting the injection, are both in covered areas. No way to get rained on as it is and, since these sites are set up with the goal being maximum efficiency, having people get out of their cars to go to an indoor location would only slow things down.

On the topic of vaccination card, seems like Floridians won’t have to worry much about it (or a vaccination passport).
https://www.businessinsider.com/florida-governor-ron-desantis-will-ban-vaccine-passports-2021-3
I wonder..... it stated preventing a customer from entering or serving but not from easing restrictions. For example a passport relieves your necessity for certain measures having to be taken. You're not denying anyone access or service just letting the vaccinated off the hook on measures. Of course only when everyone who wants to get it can. Then its just a matter of comfort level of all concerned parties.

Curious. For everyone who is for such a vaccine passport...what age would you require it from? If everyone, including infants and toddlers, are eligible for the vaccine, would you require it of those young ones as well?

I'm still in favor of microchip implants with our medical history. This way when I press the I've fallen and can't get up button, I can be scanned. Maybe Apple will put this into their health apps.

I'm in favor of this, too. Preferably brain microchip implants so we can link up to Skynet in preparation for the arrival of the Terminator. :)

Curious. For everyone who is for such a vaccine passport...what age would you require it from? If everyone, including infants and toddlers, are eligible for the vaccine, would you require it of those young ones as well?
I think the vaccination (and proof) may eventually have important uses, primarily for some adults. Travel, international travel, travel insurance, work and educational pursuits.
This won't matter to everyone. I don't forsee some sort of universal requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter