Has anyone heard rumors of changes to DDP 2009

I read somewhere that they were upping cost of basic to around $50 a day and including appie and tip! If that rumor proofs true I would be happy !! I would be happy with tip and choice of appie OR dessert too as long as tipis included !!

I am hoping for this as well.

2 CS, no TS and no Snacks would not be a dining plan we'd be interested in.

We'd actually like 2 CS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per day!

It appears that Disney may be instituting the "DDP Light" come next January. It would consist of two counter service meals and no table service meals. How would this option work for you?

This would not interest me at all. I am not a fan of counter service food. I wish Disney would make something in the middle of the two they have now with 2 meals a day instead of 3. Meaning: a choice of where you want to dine on those 2 meals and not being limited to one TS and 1 CS. :)

Honestly, other than an increase in price on the current plans, I do not expect many changes. Unless Disney gets a wild hair in Pluto's behind and goes out of the norm, they generally stick with an idea for 2 years and then change it.

I guess we will all know in a month or so. I am keeping my hopes up for something positive, however. :goodvibes

We'd actually like 2 CS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per day!

Technically, they already have this, except it includes 2 snacks. That is what the DxDDP is. You get 3 meals a day, your choice on how to use them, plus 2 snacks. I guess we all have our wants, it is up to TPTB to decide how to move forward. :(

It appears that Disney may be instituting the "DDP Light" come next January. It would consist of two counter service meals and no table service meals. How would this option work for you?

I would love this as well. There are so many excellent counter options where you get a lot of "bang for your buck". Back in the day, we used the Quick and Casual vouchers all the time. Those vouchers were great and we were able to use those for so many places--and we never felt deprived only doing "counter".

Pepper Market
Tangierine Cafe
Cosmic Rays are all great examples of this.

The POR food shop was excellent as well with make your own pasta and such. Mara has some interesting things as well.

We do like the TS meals, but hate the planning that goes along with it. I don't even know what I want to eat for dinner tonight, let alone 6 months from now. Never mind the hassles of getting the ADR's and such. My kids are older so the characters don't have a pull anymore.

Counter works well for us-- there are other options than the burgers/fries.

As a family, we don't eat much. DH eats one big meal a day-- with a small lunch. (no breakfast). DD only eats one piece of fruit for breakfast. I don't eat breakfast. DS is the only one that eats cereal.

I believe the 3-11 ages is to do with the flights, as they're the ages Virgin (who Disney's flight inclusive packages are booked through) give you child prices.

For Disney ticket and dining plan, the usual 3-9 age group stands, which is why tickets show a different age band.

The area of the UK website (see in the posts above)that Married Him @ Disney references the dining plan specifically with ages of 3-11. The dining plan area of the website is past where the flights have been chosen and is in a section that very clearly says "5. Disney Dining Plans." It seems that you can only see the 2009 dining information when you are booking a complete package with flights.

I am hoping the appy and the tip are added back on for 2009. I would gladly pay the increase in the price. We like having everything paid for upfront.

:)

I am hoping the appy and the tip are added back on for 2009. I would gladly pay the increase in the price. We like having everything paid for upfront.

I agree especially if there are 6 of us and we have to pay 18% even if service is bad!! DSIL will have a fit if it's included he wont know:rotfl2:

Agreed! Let's all keep our fingers crossed! LOL Only a few more weeks till we find out!

Dana

Honey, I have my fingers, legs, toes, eyes, arms and hairs crossed over some good changes. :rotfl:

I agree especially if there are 6 of us and we have to pay 18% even if service is bad!! DSIL will have a fit if it's included he wont know:rotfl2:

Yes I agree... We are back from our June trip and our tip was automatically added for a group of 7. The good news is we had great service except for our first night at Mama Melrose... I thought oh no this is how the rest of the week will be but after that night we had great service at Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti, Tokyo Dining and Tutu Italia.

:cool1:

Delux dp is not too much food because you can use your credits any way you want to. With the basic dp, you are "stuck" with so many CS meals, and a lot of people hate CS. We love delux and had no problem using all our credits. We did character bfsts, and 2 credit meals for dinner. We also had the refillable mugs, which makes life easier for us so that we no longer have to bring bottles of water and sodas to the room. No grocery shopping before we get there or after we arrive at the resort!! We loved having 2 snack credits per day per person. There were no "low blood sugar meltdowns" for the kids or adults.

Contrast that to our experiences with the basic dp, and there is no question that delux dp is very attractive. With the basic dp we were always dreading the CS meals. They get old after a while, and they seem to add up really fast if one or two don't feel like eating at the time, and at busy times they take up so much time because you have to stand in line for the food, find a table, go to the condiment bar, and it may take as long as a quiet and stress free TS.

It is delux for us from now on. :banana: I know why so many seem to be satisfied with it, and that it is not too much food.

I agree it is much easier for me to get my dd a gluten free meal with DDXP than with the DDP. I can get a chef to come out and make her something special, but if we go to a cs she has limited food options.

I am hoping Disney makes some changes to the DDP for 2009, I am sure they had many complaints this year. I really like the idea of increasing the price a little ... adding appetizer and tip. We did not purchase it this year. It would be nice if they raised the childs age to 11.

I agree. We skipped DDP on our May trip, and we ate much better for the same money. If we'd been in a budget mode, I'm sure we would have had significant savings.

However, I think the Deluxe plan has been more successful than we thought it would be. It's certainly done better than I thought it would! It would be very interesting to see the actual numbers of how they're doing with the two plans this year.

Also, people who have tried Deluxe DDP seem to love it. I've been a little surprised that we don't hear the "too much food" complaints from the Deluxe purchasers! If regular DDP is too much food, how is Deluxe not too much??? :confused3

And as I said above, the pricing of the Deluxe is more in line with what they did before DDP. If they can get the customers for $70, why charge $40?

We did the Deluxe plan in April as it was just dh and I and I would never do it with the kids. Too much sitting in restaurants and expensive for our family of five. You wonb't hear us complain about too much food because we noticed the portions had gone down in size compared to our last regular ddp experience.:thumbsup2

Did anyone see this info?

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/ext...actions/walt_disney_world/tickets_prices.aspx

New Disney Quick Service Dining Plan
This is available to book for any booking departing from 11 January 2009 onwards.

The new Quick Service Dining Plan is in addition to the current Dining Plan and Deluxe Dining Plan.

Please Note:

These prices include 2 Quick Service meals and 2 snacks per person per day.

1 Refillable Resort Cup per person (can only be used in hotel where guests are staying, NOT in any Theme Parks).

It really makes sense that it must have the tip included IMHO, It just make sense mathmatically.
I posted this on the rumors thread earlier referring to the UK Prices:

So price for ddp looks like 50US, or 42.50 X 1.18(price plus 18% tip)= $50
If tip IS included it is a really minor increase, $4.50 which I will gladly pay if they add the appetizer back.

The deluxe will be about $86US OR 73 X 1.18 =$86 ...again a $4 increase but they can't do anything to get more benefits for that.

As long as tip is included, I may end up happy. I pay 10.00 more on groceries now for a $100 order so a $5/day increase to a food plan makes perfect sense.

I hope all of these changes go through as I would like to get back to that all-inclusive feeling.
BOB
a $4 increase makes sense:idea: ... a $10 or $13 increase a year after cutting benefits will make everyone go DIS crazy!!:furious:

I just have a feeling the numbers are too close to plan price + tip to expect anything else...
at least I can hope...
BOB

Did anyone see this info?

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/ext...actions/walt_disney_world/tickets_prices.aspx

New Disney Quick Service Dining Plan
This is available to book for any booking departing from 11 January 2009 onwards.

The new Quick Service Dining Plan is in addition to the current Dining Plan and Deluxe Dining Plan.

Please Note:

These prices include 2 Quick Service meals and 2 snacks per person per day.

1 Refillable Resort Cup per person (can only be used in hotel where guests are staying, NOT in any Theme Parks).

Thanks for digging this up for us!!! I'd say this is the "big" change we'll see for next year... I'm disappointed because I was really hoping we'd see the regular dining plan add tips or appetizer back in - even at a higher price.

subscribing. We last went in 2007 when the tip and app were included. Heres hoping that comes back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter