Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Ok, I apologize if this has been covered but after doing a search and scrolling through SEVERAL pages of this thread I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Has anyone tried using stickers in a manner similar to using temp tattoos? I'm finding more variety of stickers I'd like to use to decorate vs. the tattoos. Thanks and all the bands I have seen while looking for my answer all look awesome, keep up the good work everyone!

So, while I've been going to Disney for years, I've never decorated my magicband. I decided to go with a decoden theme for my band. The "frosting" is white silicone that I piped on with a piping bag. I'm a culinary student and have taken cake decorating classes, so it was pretty simple. Then it was just the matter of placing the cabochons on the silicone. I'm super happy with how it came out. It just looks adorable! PS, the silicone is actually soft and squishy so it's fun to poke at.

12002321_10207713552424961_8163455361665875337_n.jpg
11960242_10207713552664967_856982955076787824_n.jpg

I just went through all 201 pages! There are some amazing bands on here! I cannot wait to get mine in a few weeks!

So, while I've been going to Disney for years, I've never decorated my magicband. I decided to go with a decoden theme for my band. The "frosting" is white silicone that I piped on with a piping bag. I'm a culinary student and have taken cake decorating classes, so it was pretty simple. Then it was just the matter of placing the cabochons on the silicone. I'm super happy with how it came out. It just looks adorable! PS, the silicone is actually soft and squishy so it's fun to poke at.

WOAH - I have one word:

FAB - U - LOUiS!!!!

Beautiful!

I must ask - where is your mickey face? You'll still be able to hold it to the scanner, right? They have to touch....

WOAH - I have one word:

FAB - U - LOUiS!!!!

Beautiful!

I must ask - where is your mickey face? You'll still be able to hold it to the scanner, right? They have to touch....

Another thumbs up for magicyourband!! Our bands came out great and lasted the entire ten days we were there. We even did a water park. I also liked that I could make a medical emergency band for DH's allergies. He loved it!

Makes me think of Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph. It's awesome.

For the people that have painted their magic band with nail polish ... Does the nail polish crack over time? Is it flexible with the band? Thinking of painting it a metallic color...
I used glitter polish on mine, experimenting with it. I've worn it in the water and have twisted and flexed it all over the place. That glitter polish is so tough! I can't even get it off my nails with polish remover! It still looks great. It will crunch and crack every so lightly when you twist it over and over again...but it doesn't show because the glitter hides it. I
DB opted not to do anything with his just yet, but here are mine. Nothing fancy, but prettier than plain, lol.
DSC02637_zpsrxd3aehx.jpg

The glitter isn't as blotchy as it looks here, just bad lighting.

put on three coats of different colors.
DB opted not to do anything with his just yet, but here are mine. Nothing fancy, but prettier than plain, lol.
DSC02637_zpsrxd3aehx.jpg

The glitter isn't as blotchy as it looks here, just bad lighting.
yes...I used glitter too...it holds up really well...simple to use...no talent needed! And they look really nice.

image.jpeg Here is my glitter band....the one I use for experimenting. I previously tried markers and stickers and nail decals. I removed everything with acetate. Here is my simple nail polish one...I like it the best. Easy and cute. Holds up really well!

Ok, I apologize if this has been covered but after doing a search and scrolling through SEVERAL pages of this thread I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Has anyone tried using stickers in a manner similar to using temp tattoos? I'm finding more variety of stickers I'd like to use to decorate vs. the tattoos. Thanks and all the bands I have seen while looking for my answer all look awesome, keep up the good work everyone!

Yes, I have used just plain old stickers to decorate MB's. I will have to wait until I get home from work before I can post any pictures. I bought a couple packages of stickers, one of them was Halloween and one was Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, Pluto. I also bought a fairies sticker packet but never could get them to look good.

The Halloween ones were easy to use. We would just stick a ghost or a pumpkin or a bat - or several pumpkins, bats, etc, on a regular MB. After our Halloween trip was over I just pulled the stickers off. The stickers looked cute and I got a couple of compliments, which is kind of ironic since it took zero work or creativity to decorate it. ;)

The Disney character stickers have been placed in different places on the MB's. My favorite place to place them is in the back, covering the little Mickey head. The stickers are small and look cute there. I have placed the stickers on painted bands and on plain bands. Some of the bands I leave unpainted. That way the stickers are removable, and they stay on pretty well. This works great with grandchildren who like to decorate their own bands. My 5 year old grandson covered his band with Mickey stickers. ;)

I have painted over the stickers with clear nail polish or with glitter nail polish. I like to use glitter. The stickers hold up really well and I haven't had any problems using them. :)

The biggest disadvantage to using the stickers is that they often come with a colored background. That is why the fairy stickers never worked for me - the background just didn't match my bands. The Mickey stickers had blue and green backgrounds are were pretty easy to match. I think I might have trimmed some backgrounds off, too. The Halloween stickers had clear backgrounds which made them the most versatile of all the stickers I used.

Last edited:
WOAH - I have one word:

FAB - U - LOUiS!!!!

Beautiful!

I share your enthusiasm for this one! I also questioned how well it would scan but I do have a Peter Pan rubber bracelet that fits perfectly around one of mine & it worked fine with no issues. :)

I share your enthusiasm for this one! I also questioned how well it would scan but I do have a Peter Pan rubber bracelet that fits perfectly around one of mine & it worked fine with no issues. :)

I'm sure it will scan fine but @RiskaP let us know how it goes. Are you leaving soon for your trip?

Lots of neat bands! When applying the temporary tattoos...does it make a difference if you apply them straight to the band (followed by top coat), or do you need to put a base coat of nail polish down first? Will the color of the band show through any less if you use base coat?

To everyone who asked, the top of the band, where the Mickey head is, isn't covered. The decorations are only on the sides of the band. I had actually gone a bit too far when I did it. While the head wasn't covered, I couldn't get the top to lay flat against anything, which would have made it difficult to scan. I trimmed it down and now I can lay it flat.

As for the decoden, that's a style of decoration that became popular in Japan and super cute. You can find a lot of phone cases like this.

Another thumbs up for magicyourband!! Our bands came out great and lasted the entire ten days we were there. We even did a water park. I also liked that I could make a medical emergency band for DH's allergies. He loved it!

Thank you! We do quite a lot of the medical bands.

Everyone in this thread is so talented!! I can't believe I have to wait FIVE MONTHS for my bands! My daughter is super into Descendants right now. Has anyone seen tattoos or stickers with the characters? I haven't seen much I my searches. I'm planning on doing her band as Evie.

Everyone in this thread is so talented!! I can't believe I have to wait FIVE MONTHS for my bands! My daughter is super into Descendants right now. Has anyone seen tattoos or stickers with the characters? I haven't seen much I my searches. I'm planning on doing her band as Evie.

Yea I can't wait until next spring. I am just going to buy one of the $13 ones from Disney and decorate it now. Haha

Does anyone know how to BUY the glowing Tron magic band? I saw someone make a custom one (it looks photo shopped), but haven't been able to get any info on how to make it.

I'm def not a DIY'er so this would help immensely.
tronband.jpg.html

Does anyone know how to BUY the glowing Tron magic band? I saw someone make a custom one (it looks photo shopped), but haven't been able to get any info on how to make it.

I'm def not a DIY'er so this would help immensely.
tronband.jpg.html

Im curios as well. I have done etextiles before and I'm a little stumped on how you would do this DIY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter