Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_7941-1-1116x1200.jpg
    IMG_7941-1-1116x1200.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
New magic bands were announced Nov 19, 2016. Shaped like a disk, about the size of a quarter and interchangeable with key rings and other not yet announced accessories. Was experimenting with old mb's now have to rethink.

I FINALLY finished all 230 pages of this thread! WOW! Then the info on this last page (230) makes me a little sad, with news of these new magic band designs.
My question is, how will the "pucks" stay securely put inside the bands if they are meant to be easily switched out between different bands/accessories?
Anyways, we leave for our 1st trip with MBs on Dec.9th (2nd trip ever), and I am beyond excited! Ive been hard at work designing bands on magicyourbands website, and also having a hard time deciding whether I want to paint/tattoos/etc also/instead of. There is just too much inspiration on this discussion lol.
If I decide to stick with the magicyourbands decals, should I seal them with anything? What sealant would be best over vinyl?

they have two small screws on the back. jewelers screwdrivers or eye glass repair size. if you buy the accessory, they are saying a driver comes with it. here's a link, but if you type "new disney magic bands" in your search bar, you'll get more sites with more descriptions and info. i forget which site i was on last night when i saw the picture of the screws.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...-disney-world-magic-bands-have-been-revealed/

they have two small screws on the back. jewelers screwdrivers or eye glass repair size. if you buy the accessory, they are saying a driver comes with it. here's a link, but if you type "new disney magic bands" in your search bar, you'll get more sites with more descriptions and info. i forget which site i was on last night when i saw the picture of the screws.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...-disney-world-magic-bands-have-been-revealed/
oh ok! that makes more sense, thank you! it will be another year or two after our trip next month, til we can go again. So hopefully there will be a whole new host of ideas on decorating the new ones ☺

you may be able to see them on display when you go. let us know if the material looks the same and what else is available.
There's lots of actual photos and information on magicbandcollectors.com
I just finished reading all his posts. Apparently the material is all the same, and he says they puckmaedrion is only slightly bigger and doesn't feel much different on his wrist. There's a few different posts including one with information he got from the design team.

Hope this helps :)

Just finished decorating Magic Bands for our upcoming trip! The red one was done with acrylic craft paint (design was copied from Pinterest, I wasn't crafty enough to invent it!) and the purple one with temporary tattoos from Party City. I also sprayed them with Aileens Matte Acrylic Spray from Walmart to finish.

Vwe1fu8.jpg

Hi all!

We got back from our trip, and I wanted to give an update on our MBs. As I suspected, the bands which had a strip of vinyl - Inside Out and GotG - did not hold up as well as the bands that had the vinyl "stickers;" although, they still held up well. These bands went in the pool and the water park. The vinyl strips started peeling at the corners and/or "cracked," but if you saw my earlier post, these strips wouldn't/couldn't conform to the curvature of the band. The "cracks" occurred where the vinyl was buckled away from the band. Not sure that I would have done anything differently or used any different products. In the end, I'm very pleased with how durable these were! I'm only including a photo of the "worst" of the bands - the Inside Out band.

Before (notice the little gaps/wrinkles in the vinyl):
magic bands 1.jpg

After:
MB Post trip 1.JPG MB Post trip 2.JPG

B7DAFC9A-A60B-4B1F-8341-96E29F90C669_zpsdq4lkdq3.jpg
Mine and DH's finished bands! For mine I used hot pink nail polish, sparkle polish, and glow in the dark polish, then added rhinestones.
DH created his own decal on MYB...it has different Star Wars scenes on it and looks awesome!

Just back from my latest trip to Disney. Here is my Tangled Inspired Magic Band. I got the idea from Pinterest, but added multi colored flowers on a pewter toned background. This is the first band where I utilized leather paints. I would say that this is the only way to go for any sort of detailed painting on the bands. The paint literally stays flexible so there is no cracking or chipping like I've experienced with nail polish. The band is in the exact same shape now as it was before the trip. I used Angeles Leather Paints. I purchased a starter kit of the paints through Amazon. I got 12 - 1 ounce bottles for $35 + free shipping. I know that sounds expensive, but I figured I would use the paint for a lot more than just my Magic Bands. It turns out that a tiny amount of paint goes a very long way, so I will likely have enough paint to last the rest of my life...lol

Tangled Inspired.jpg

Last edited:
This band is beautiful! Just curious.....did you put any type of sealant on the band after painting, or prep it in any way? How did it last? Did you leave it on to swim and apply sunscreen?

Just back from my latest trip to Disney. Here is my Tangled Inspired Magic Band. I got the idea from Pinterest, but added multi colored flowers on a pewter toned background. This is the first band where I utilized leather paints. I would say that this is the only way to go for any sort of detailed painting on the bands. The paint literally stays flexible so there is no cracking or chipping like I've experienced with nail polish. The band is in the exact same shape now as it was before the trip. I used Angeles Leather Paints. I purchased a starter kit of the paints through Amazon. I got 12 - 1 ounce bottles for $35 + free shipping. I know that sounds expensive, but I figured I would use the paint for a lot more than just my Magic Bands. It turns out that a tiny amount of paint goes a very long way, so I will likely have enough paint to last the rest of my life...lol

View attachment 210690
That is gorgeous! I so lack any artistic ability :'(

This band is beautiful! Just curious.....did you put any type of sealant on the band after painting, or prep it in any way? How did it last? Did you leave it on to swim and apply sunscreen?

Hi, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I sealed the band with a light coat of clear acrylic Krylon spray paint. The band held up perfectly with no cracking or chipping. The leather paint is incredible flexible. I did not swim with it so I can't vouch for that type of wear. Thanks for the compliment!

Magic Bands 2016 - Copy.jpg Our magic bands from our Thanksgiving trip.

Hello Kitty for my 5 yo dd, Deadpool for my dh, Spiderman for my 12 yo ds, Captain America for my 16 yo ds, Pokemon for my 7 yo ds, Flash for my 9 yo dd and Dr. Who for me. Painted with acrylics and sealed with Krylon Varnish. They held up pretty well, except when my son got his caught on the fencing/grate on Tower of Terror and it kinda ripped part of it

View attachment 210690
Leather paint!!! You are a genius!!!! Well done!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter