Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I've tried the pens on a business card with a waxy coat and they dried almost immediately. I don't think I'm going to even need a base coat, but definitely a top coat. I was worried since these are oil based that they might smudge or take a long time to dry, but they don't do either thing! Do you think an acrylic sealer will be okay with the oil based paint?

Hmmmm...good point. Hopefully some others will chime in who have more knowledge in the art media than I do!

20161105_171103.jpg
20161105_171038.jpg

A little bit of bling for my families trip next month!

I've just watched all of this thread. I love it so much! My MB is being shipped right now. I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive so I can customize it too! I already know what I want to do...
If it turns out half as good as some I've seen then it'll be great :D!

Has anyone done a steampunk MB? Thinking of doing that.... looking for inspiration!
May I direct you to page 180 (faux-leather style) and page 182. I just read the entire thread and these are the only one I remember to be steampunk ;). Do share yours though once it's done!! I'm so curious!!

May I direct you to page 180 (faux-leather style) and page 182. I just read the entire thread and these are the only one I remember to be steampunk ;). Do share yours though once it's done!! I'm so curious!!

Thank you so much! They look great.. I think i'm going to practice on an old one!

image.jpeg So, it took me a better part of today, but I got our bands done! I used the sharpie paint pens and acrylic paint. Everything was good until I put the top coat (OPI top coat). The sharpie pain smeared slightly. Nothing too major, just a few touch ups here and there. The advantage is, it gave a nice vintage look to the paint! I wish I had taken pictures before the top coat, but I did not. So, I highly recommend NOT using the oil based sharpie paint pens! image.jpeg

For those of you that are looking to make your designs glow in the dark we've just added a plain glow in the dark vinyl Skin which is ideal as a first layer for you to be able to paint over.

Find it here: http://www.magicyourband.com/index.php/glow-in-the-dark-magicband-skin.html

I just saw that one on your site yesterday! I'm very interested in that one, but wasnt sure if anything could be painted on top of that or not. And if I could put a sealer over the top or not also.

Which do you think will work better? I was wondering if the matte finish will be better to avoid cracking?

Attachments

• 20161114_192704.jpg
    20161114_192704.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter