• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Go Big or Go Home! 17 Days of Disney Dining! COMPLETE & Food & Wine Fest Index

After a nice long night of sleep I woke up and started packing everything up in our villa at OKW. We got ready and took everything out to the car. Although, we did leave something behind in this switch. Rob's nice new leather sandals ended up under a pile of blankets (we think) and went unnoticed until that afternoon. We called and returned to OKW right away, but they were never able to get his sandals back to us. Kind of a bummer.

With the car loaded up (minus Rob's sandals) it was time to say goodbye to our villa.

Our friend was still with us for the morning, so I decided a few days prior to his arrival to switch our ADR from Sunday to Saturday and added a third person so that he could have breakfast with us. We made our way in our separate cars to Polynesian for one of our favorite breakfast spots. Kona Cafe!

It was PACKED this morning and we were sent off to wait with a pager. I just love the lobby here, so I don't mind waiting for awhile to take in that atmosphere.

After maybe a 10 minute wait we were seated and presented with breakfast menus.

Rob and I decided to split a Kona Coffee French Press Pot.

This coffee was delicious! We drained this entire thing pretty quickly.

For our meal Rob's friend decided on the Big Kahuna, which he really liked.

Rob had his favorite item here. The Samoan! Poached eggs with Hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash.

He still loved this and was really glad he got it. He was debating about trying something new, but he was glad he stuck with a proven favorite.

I love the Tonga Toast here, but I really wanted to try something new. I went back and forth, but in the end I decided on Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and a side of ham.

A plate of condiments to enhance my breakfast.

This was good, but somewhat plainer than I thought it would be with all of those different components. I was glad I tried them, but I will go back to Tonga Toast next time.

Service was good here this morning and overall we all enjoyed our breakfast. This will definitely stay on our must-do list!

We said goodbye to our friend and got back in the car and headed to our next stop. It's Bay Lake Tower time!

Okay, I know this is the Dining board, but I really wanted to share a few pictures with you from Bay Lake Tower. If you don't care, feel free to skip this post, but if you're interested, please enjoy! :thumbsup2

We arrived at BLT pretty early in the day, but our room was ready for us! I was a little disappointed to be on the bottom floor (especially after I heard the guy next to me get an upgrade from the same type of room as me to a one bedroom theme park view :headache:) but no matter, I am just happy to be here!

This is what you see when you first walk into BLT

Our room was right off the lobby, so it was painless to get all of our bags to the room and it was a nice short walk to the room after a day at the parks.

Rob posing outside the room

Our room! This was the most comfortable bed we ever slept in. I never wanted to leave! And the fact that there was a little nightstand on each side of the bed was a perfect touch. This was the only room this trip where we had that.

Our view!

Kitchen Area, which I really loved for some reason. It's a small space, but they used it wisely to fit a lot , but not overcrowd it.

Bay Lake

This was in almost the exact same spot as our room, but it's the 14th floor instead of the first floor. Just a little bit different. :laughing:

Looking from the 14th floor to the back of the hotel.

I can see my car from up here! :laughing:

Up next, the meal I was looking forward to the most this trip. BOG! Will it live up to the hype, or disappoint?

Prior to booking this trip I was looking forward to New Fantasyland the most and I was definitely wanting to try Be Our Guest. Once we booked the trip, I knew I had to eat here. Even the lukewarm reviews didn't damper my enthusiasm. I tried every day from 180 days out to the day we left to book a dinner reservation during our trip, but I had no luck. I resigned myself to standing in line for lunch and then became terrified of the long lines that didn't seem to die down over time. Fortunately I discovered a thread on here which alerted me the fact that there was a link you could visit and book a lunchtime Fastpass for BOG. After many, many, many tries and tons of error messages and frustration, I finally nabbed a Fastpass confirmation!

I was jumping up and down with excitement! This would be great! Now I didn't have to worry about lines or a lack of a dinner reservation. The time ended being perfect too since we ended up having a big breakfast that morning. A later lunch time worked out.

After we spent some time exploring BLT we walked over to MK (the biggest perk of BLT if I do say so myself) and spent some time in the park.

After a few rides we were off to our lunch destination!

We checked in at the podium and then they sent us over the bridge to the front entrance.

I'm not going to lie, I felt relief and guilt as I bypassed the gigantic line waiting out in the hot sun to get inside. The line stretched almost all the way back to Gaston's Tavern. :eek: There were CMs handing out ice water to people in line. Good thing, because I could easily see someone passing out standing out in the heat for all that time.

When we got up to the front entrance someone was waiting for us and directed us into a line where we waited for a few minutes while we looked over the menu they handed us.

When we reached the front of the line they had us scan our MagicBands and then sent us to a numbered register area.

When we got to the register the CM was taking the order of another family on the other side of the booth. This family was a hot mess. They took forever and made so many special requests it bordered in insane. They basically created an entire new menu for themselves. Then when they were finally done and I started to order the woman proceeded to walk back up to the register 3 or 4 more times to interrupt me and ask the CM another question. I was totally losing my train of thought and I could tell the CM's annoyance with the previous family was bleeding over onto us. When we finished ordering we scanned our bands again. She gave us no direction at all as to what we should do after we placed our order, but fortunately I was pretty aware of the setup from reading on these boards. However, we started to walk away when I realized we didn't get a plastic locator rose. When I asked her about the rose she told us they would find us by our MagicBands and that was why we kept scanning them I guess. That's kind of cool and kind of... creepy. I'm being tracked by Mickey! :laughing:

As soon as you order you step out into the Ballroom. I knew there were two other rooms, but I was uncertain about where they were and it was so packed and noisy that I did not feel like looking for them. We just grabbed the first seats we saw at the edge of the ballroom.

Rob spotted the drink station and went up to grab our drinks while I waited at the table. A moment later someone came around with the cart and dropped off our food to us. That just blows my mind that they can find you in the crowd.

I started out with the Potato Leek Soup.

This was good! I love a creamy soup, so this was right up my alley.

Rob had the Carved Turkey Sandwich served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites.

He said it was disappointing. Very plain and generic.

I was debating between a few different items and finally decided on the Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich served warm on a baguette with horseradish sour cream and Pomme Frites. Only I ordered mine minus the horseradish sour cream because I am a little leery of sauces sometimes. I originally asked for it on the side but the woman told me no. On or off is what she said. I wasn't chancing it so I went without.

This was very plain, which is probably my fault for ordering it without the sauce. It was so boring that it wasn't even worth the calories. I offered up most of it to Rob which he also deemed boring and chastised me for omitting the sauce. :laughing:

Next up was dessert. I was so excited that there was now a Grey Stuff item at lunch since we would have no chance of getting a plate of it at dinner. I ordered the Master's Cupcake.

This was so unbelievably bland. Talk about disappointing! The most basic chocolate cake topped with slightly Oreo flavored whipped topping. It tasted like a hundred other cupcakes I've had at various parties over the years where someone ran to the grocery store the same day for a pack of already made cupcakes. I ate maybe two or three bites of this and also deemed it unworthy of calories. I am a little bit picky about sweets and this just did not make the cut for me. I want a sweet that has a distinct flavor other than simply... sweet.

I did manage to get some Grey Stuff on my nose in the process.

Rob had the Passion Fruit Cream Puff filled with Passion fruit mousse and topped with whipped cream.

He took one bite and spit it into his napkin! He had me try a bite which I reluctantly did and had the same reaction. That is just not a flavor I enjoy. If I had a passion fruit scented body spray from Bath & Body Works and sprayed some on myself and accidentally had my mouth hanging open and got a big blast of it in my mouth, that is what this tasted like. :lmao: Yuck! I had the same reaction to the Mango Girl Scout cookie they introduced in our area last year. I guess this just isn't my type of thing. Or Rob's. I'm hard pressed to think of another time he spit out his food and refused to finish it. In fact as I am sitting here typing he asked me which food I was reviewing and when I said the cream puff he instantly made a face and said, "Blech!!!!! The was the worst thing I ever ate! Tell them that I will eat anything and that was nasty!" :lmao:

I hate to even type this review because it makes us sound so snobby and picky. I swear, we aren't this pessimistic about food for the rest of the trip! I was really excited for this meal and maybe that was a small part of the problem, but this was the only real disappointment of the trip. I would go again because I am always willing to give a place a second chance, but it's going to be a few trips.

After we were done I did go in search of the other two rooms, which turned out were just a little bit further up from where we had ventured. This is the library room. Not this best pics, but I didn't want to disturb others with the flash.

I didn't take any pictures in the West Wing, but it was pretty cool. I wish he had sat in there instead of the ballroom.

A CM was kind enough to snap this picture of us on the way out.

We got a cute picture out of the meal anyway!

After lunch we had a Fastpass+ time booked for Belle's Enchanted Tales. I had very little idea of what this new attraction actually entailed. Not realizing there was audience participation, which Rob and I are not particularly fond of, we went in and of course Rob got picked as a knight and the guy who picked him was not taking no for an answer. Poor Rob had to suffer through a bad meal and then the humiliation of marching around with a knight cutout. He gave me the stink eye a few times during the show. :laughing:

Here he is with Belle as a brave knight. Shhhhh! I never posted this. This picture is our little secret.

It's funny because it wasn't me. :thumbsup2

Up next, a fun evening enjoying a DVC perk!

After lunch at BOG we headed back to BLT and had some much need down time in the room. Our room was so comfy and awesome that I wanted to make sure we took full advantage of our time there. Later that night I had plans for us to try and utilize a DVC perk. BLT houses Top of the World Lounge which is only for DVC members and people in their party. I am not a member, my mom is, but I am an associate on her account and I was staying at BLT under her points, which I booked. I was unsure with the rules of TOTWL if I would fall within those guidelines or not. If not we were going to go watch Wishes in MK.

An hour or so before Wishes we went over to the DVC desk in the lobby and asked the woman about TOTWL and she asked to see our room keys or membership card. Our room keys said DVC and I guess that was all they needed to see. She walked us over to the private elevator.

She swiped a card and pressed the button for the 16th floor and off we went!

Here we are riding the elevator up to the lounge.

We have reached our destination!

Hidden Mickey on the ceiling!

Once you head out the doors to the lounge you are first at the outside viewing area and can see the lounge from the outside.

The view.

This guide tells you what you are looking at from up here on the horizon.

We went inside the lounge to grab a couple of drinks and a snack before the fireworks started.

I love the monorail design behind the bar!

A view of the lounge from our seats.

There was a decent amount of seating in here. Most of it you couldn't watch the fireworks from, but we were planning on going outside for that. For now lets check out the menu.

The food

The signature drinks

They had a lot of other selections that are from the standard WDW drink menus in all the restaurants.

I started with the Bay Lake Sunset. Stoli Vanil Vodka, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice and a splash of grenadine.

My second drink was a Tip Top Colada. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and Pina Colada mix topped with a float of Midori.

Both of my drinks were yummy!

Rob went with boring ol' beer. :laughing:

Now onto the food. Rob had the Sticky Chicken Wings. Sweet and Salty Teriyaki Glaze with Veggie Chips.

Four lousy wings is pretty pathetic is you ask me. He said they were really boring and had no flavor either. He wanted no part of the veggie chips but I picked at them and they are decent.

I decided on the Housemade Potato Chips with bleu cheese crumble, applewood smoked bacon and tomato and chives.

This certainly wasn't bad, but it was a little disappointing. Housemade chips are usually really crisp and are more like a kettle chip. These tasted like Lays chips. Lays are good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I understand that there isn't really a full kitchen in BLT, but they need to step up the food offerings in the lounge. Our food wasn't bad, but it was definitely kinda pitiful.

We finished our food and drinks and settled up with our waitress. Our TiW card was accepted here too which was a pleasant surprise. We got outside a few minutes before Wishes started and got a great spot along the ledge. Wishes was awesome from out here!

They pump in the music just like they do at Cali Grill.

We stuck around after Wishes to see the Electrical Water Pageant from up here.

Someone was nice enough to snap a picture for us after they saw us struggling to take a selfie with the castle in the background.

The drinks, atmosphere and view are fantastic at Top of the World! The food leaves a little something to be desired, but just grab something to eat before or after the fireworks. If you have a chance to check out Wishes from up here I would definitely recommend it! Watching Wishes from up here while staying at BLT was a no brainer. We got to watch the fireworks with a very small crowd of people and then we didn't have to fight the masses and ride in an overcrowded bus to get back to our hotel. We just took the elevator back down and strolled right down the hall to our room. Can't beat it!

Up next, breakfast yummies!

fantastic photos and reviews...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

Our favorite fast food in Disney is Earl OF Sandwich...wish you could of enjoyed the FULL MONTAGU..it is so delicious hot...

Beaches and Cream (sad you have to do ressies now)...sounds delicious...and I would like to try it next trip..in three months and three weeks..hahaha..

I think all the reviews for BOG are not sounding good...and we dont want the grandkids to not enjoy themselves...so their parents and US decide naaaaaa...we will wait ..and maybe they will improve the food choices ..or make them more tasty..

your photos of the resorts are awesome too...thanks a bazillion..:thumbsup2

Hi Jeri, what a shame about your experience at BOG. I don't think you sound snobby and/or picky. There are so many mixed reviews of BOG it's hard to know whether you will love or hate it. Have you eaten there for dinner? We have a dinner booked there in March and I keep wondering if I might regret passing up one of our other options in favour of it :confused3

Thanks for the pictures of BLT and the lounge. Isn't it just glorious up there (although, agreed, the food offerings leave a lot to be desired)?

Really enjoyed the rest of your reviews too - just backtracked and caught up :thumbsup2

BLT looks awesome, the rooms and the views from the lounge are great. Definitely something special to remember.

What a shame about BOG, I bet you're glad you didn't have to wait in that long line only to get such a mediocre lunch offering :sad2:

Sorry about your BOG experience. I've enjoyed my lunch experiences there, but I've always gone with the tuna niçoise salad. Still, everything there seems so hit-or-miss, especially at dinner (which I fortunately haven't tried). :laughing:

As for BLT, it's so great that you got to try out the lounge there. It's too bad about the food, but at least the fireworks viewing experience was worthwhile. :)

Great reviews Jeri! Your F&W selections all look wonderful and of course no trip to Epcot is complete without at least one (or two ... or five) trips to Karamel Kuche. ;)

I'm sorry you had a less than magical experience at BoG. The reviews lately seem to be very negative. My sister and I had dinner there on our trip in October, my review will be coming up soon.

BLT has such beautiful rooms, I'd love to stay there one day! It looks like you had a great experience at the lounge, at least for viewing Wishes. It's a shame they don't have more creative food offerings, but I guess they're limited by not having a full kitchen. Thanks for your review, as it's not a place many of us would see unless we're DVC members. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

Wowsa! You've been doing great on your updates!! So happy to hear you've had some great meals! I'm still jealous you tried so much during F&W! I so want to plan 3 weeks for our fall trip but with no room discount I don't think that is a possibility! Hoping for 2 though!

I think you refills at Paradiso 37 have me convinced to go there on one of our first days in May! We will be at POR anyways so at least it's not to far away!

I also need to make plans for movies and bowling! Sounds like a lot of fun!

fantastic photos and reviews...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

Our favorite fast food in Disney is Earl OF Sandwich...wish you could of enjoyed the FULL MONTAGU..it is so delicious hot...

Beaches and Cream (sad you have to do ressies now)...sounds delicious...and I would like to try it next trip..in three months and three weeks..hahaha..

I think all the reviews for BOG are not sounding good...and we dont want the grandkids to not enjoy themselves...so their parents and US decide naaaaaa...we will wait ..and maybe they will improve the food choices ..or make them more tasty..

your photos of the resorts are awesome too...thanks a bazillion..:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the awesome compliments! :goodvibes

I am very ready to try EoS a few more times on my next trip. Next time we'll have to eat in so we can have every thing nice and fresh. :thumbsup2

Before, I really wanted Disney to take reservations at B&C, now I wish they weren't. There is just no pleasing us Disney fanatics sometimes! Even we don't know what we really want! :lmao:

I would say you are doing the right thing with BOG. They need awhile still to really get it right. It's an amazing place, it just needs some serious tweaks.

Hi Jeri, what a shame about your experience at BOG. I don't think you sound snobby and/or picky. There are so many mixed reviews of BOG it's hard to know whether you will love or hate it. Have you eaten there for dinner? We have a dinner booked there in March and I keep wondering if I might regret passing up one of our other options in favour of it :confused3

Thanks for the pictures of BLT and the lounge. Isn't it just glorious up there (although, agreed, the food offerings leave a lot to be desired)?

Really enjoyed the rest of your reviews too - just backtracked and caught up :thumbsup2

Hey Joh! BOG does really seem to be a toss up nowadays. We have not had dinner there yet. This has been our one and only experience so far. I really wanted to try dinner there instead of lunch. I hope you have a much better experience than we did. :thumbsup2

I really did love the lounge. I told my mom she needs to stop by and check it out whenever she makes it back down to WDW. She's the one who paid for the DVC membership after all!

Glad you're all caught up! I should get a lot more posts in this weekend. Rob and I are both starting new jobs in a week and a half, so I know my time will be even more limited at that point. I am hoping to get through as much of this as I can before then so that I am not too neglectful of everyone on here! :)

BLT looks awesome, the rooms and the views from the lounge are great. Definitely something special to remember.

What a shame about BOG, I bet you're glad you didn't have to wait in that long line only to get such a mediocre lunch offering :sad2:

We really loved our time at BLT! It is definitely my new favorite DVC resort.

I am SO glad we didn't wait in that line for lunch! I said the same thing after we got done lunch. I can't believe people were really willing to wait in that line in the heat. It was BRUTAL out that day.

Sorry about your BOG experience. I've enjoyed my lunch experiences there, but I've always gone with the tuna niçoise salad. Still, everything there seems so hit-or-miss, especially at dinner (which I fortunately haven't tried). :laughing:

As for BLT, it's so great that you got to try out the lounge there. It's too bad about the food, but at least the fireworks viewing experience was worthwhile. :)

I think half of the problem was that I simply ordered poorly there. I almost went with the quiche that day and changed my mind at the last second. I should have gone with my first instinct. The tuna looked really good too.

The lounge was fantastic! It is definitely worth it just for the fireworks alone. I don't need to stuff my face every second of vacation. I guess. :lmao:

Great reviews Jeri! Your F&W selections all look wonderful and of course no trip to Epcot is complete without at least one (or two ... or five) trips to Karamel Kuche. ;)

I'm sorry you had a less than magical experience at BoG. The reviews lately seem to be very negative. My sister and I had dinner there on our trip in October, my review will be coming up soon.

BLT has such beautiful rooms, I'd love to stay there one day! It looks like you had a great experience at the lounge, at least for viewing Wishes. It's a shame they don't have more creative food offerings, but I guess they're limited by not having a full kitchen. Thanks for your review, as it's not a place many of us would see unless we're DVC members. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

Thanks Carol! F&W had so many amazing offerings. You need a full week just at Epcot to try everything you want.

I look forward to reading your BOG review. I hope your experience was much better than mine! :thumbsup2

BLT was beautiful. I hope you get a chance to stay there one day. I think if I had a theme park view at that resort I would almost never leave the room!

Wowsa! You've been doing great on your updates!! So happy to hear you've had some great meals! I'm still jealous you tried so much during F&W! I so want to plan 3 weeks for our fall trip but with no room discount I don't think that is a possibility! Hoping for 2 though!

I think you refills at Paradiso 37 have me convinced to go there on one of our first days in May! We will be at POR anyways so at least it's not to far away!

I also need to make plans for movies and bowling! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Wow, three weeks would be awesome! I think this year we'll only be able to fit a week in. We both get 20 days of PTO with our new jobs, but we want to take a few other trips this year. We're thinking about 2 days at Universal, followed by 5 or 6 days in Key West and then a week in WDW. We'll see how that pans out. We are trying to plan a trip to New Orleans too, so we'll see how many days we have to work with.

Paradiso is worth it just for the drinks! Drinks, bowling and movies sounds like a perfect day to me!

We started out our next day at WDW pretty early. We had breakfast reservations at 7:45am for breakfast at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness!

I wasn't sure if where the boat dropped you off at FW was where we needed to be, so I decided to just drive us to FW since it wasn't far from BLT. When I got to the main entrance at FW the guard told us to park in the main lot and take the internal shuttle back to Pioneer Hall. We couldn't just drive back there. I parked the car and we actually caught the bus right before it pulled away, so we had pretty good timing there. The bus made quite a few other stops, but each stop was very quick and there weren't many people getting on or off the bus at that time.

Within about 10 minutes or less we arrived at Pioneer Hall.

The walkway up to the bus stop.

Pioneer Hall

As it turns out this is right where the boat drops you off. D'oh! Oh well, now we know for next time! :thumbsup2

We made our way over to Trail's End.

We were seated immediately and our waitress came right over to take our drink orders and told us to help ourselves to the buffet. Don't mind if I do!

Here are some buffet pics I took on my phone. Sorry they're not the greatest.

Cereal station

Yogurt Parfait station...

Complete with individual jars of yogurt

This is Rob's first plate.

Starting clockwise from the top he had shredded potatoes, bacon and sausage, breakfast potatoes, cherry pastry, and pulled pork eggs benedict. He loved it all!

Here is my first plate.

Starting clockwise from the top I had the pulled pork eggs benedict (which I made a mess off getting on to my plate), bacon, shredded potatoes, breakfast potatoes, french toast bread pudding with pecan sauce and breakfast pizza.

Yum, yum, yum! The pulled pork eggs benedict is one of the best breakfast items I have ever eaten. It was pulled pork on a biscuit with a poached egg and Hollandaise. Amazing. The breakfast potatoes are the best I have ever had. There were bits of pulled pork in them. Heavenly. The breakfast pizza was very tasty. I loved the french toast bread pudding too! It was the perfect sweet option to have with all of my savory options.

The juice came in little mason jars. Very cute touch!

This is my second plate.

I could have sworn I had a second piece of breakfast pizza. Did I get THREE plates and not take photographic evidence of my gluttony? Possibly. I honestly forget. :lmao:

Anyway, this is a much better picture of the pulled pork eggs benedict. Rob tried the regular one with Canadian bacon on an english muffin, but I wanted no part of that. I will stick with the pulled pork! Oh man, those potatoes were good. I want some now!

We loved it here! It was not crowded at all and the offerings were delicious. Our server was very prompt with drink refills and was very friendly. For only $17.99 this breakfast buffet was our best food bargain of the trip. TiW was accepted here as well.

Now that our bellies are full we are off to Magic Kingdom!

After breakfast we drove back to BLT and took a short stroll over to MK. We were only spending a few hours in the park because Rob wanted to be back to the room in time for the start of football at 1pm. Boo.

We spent some time searching for hidden Pascals in the new Tangled area of the park.

Ahhhh, a real creature! :laughing:

Okay, enough searching for Pascals. I am in search of a snack!

On our way out of MK it was hot and an ice cream sounded like the perfect thing to enjoy on the walk back to the resort. I decided to stop at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

I chose the All-American Sundae - old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry.

It was certainly no No Way Jose, but it was still really tasty. This was actually my first time stopping in here since I was a kid, but I would definitely come back on a return trip! :thumbsup2

We loved Trails In as well! It is yummy for supper too! Great food and good prices!

Thanks for sharing!

While Rob was screaming and yelling at all of his fantasy football players back in the room, I busied myself with a few loads of laundry in BLT's laundry room. Exciting.

Followed by some much needed pool time. Much more relaxing than laundry.

By the time the second game started Rob was ready to stop torturing himself with football scores and we got ready for our dinner reservations at Artist Point. We decided to get really dressed up for this meal. You rarely see people very dressed up at the signature restaurants, but we felt like being proper grownups this evening. Why not?!

I drove us to Wilderness Lodge. I spotted these guys on the way inside.

I always love when you first step inside WL. The lobby is breathtaking.

We made our way over to the restaurant.

We were seated immediately. I love this painting right before you enter the restaurant. I have a weird obsession with it.

Our reservation was for shortly after the restaurant opened for the day, so it was still pretty empty in there when we arrived.

We started off with bread and butter, which was delicious. I ate way too much before the food even arrived.

Next, we both got appetizers.

Rob had the Artisanal Cheese Selection.

He enjoyed this very much. For him it was his favorite part of the meal.

I ordered the Whiskey Glaze Confit Natural Bacon. Sunny-Side up Quail Egg, Red Curry Silk and Almond Butter Blintz.

I loved the bacon and quail egg. The Blintz and Red Curry Silk were good, but I didn't feel like they went with the bacon at all.

Rob also ordered a wine flight. I have no idea which one he got, but he enjoyed it.

Now for the entrees.

Rob had the "Berkshire" Pork Tenderloin with Beecher's Flagship Reserve Cheddar Polenta, Baby Fennel, Black Mission Figs, Pearl Onions, and Fig Reduction.

The picture is a little deceiving because the portion was so small. He liked it, but wanted more of it. Plus, he was extremely, extremely jealous when my dish came out.

I had the Cedar Plank-Roasted King Salmon with rainbow cauliflower, Root Spinach, Lemon-Butter Sauce, Applewood Bacon Jam, and Short Rib Strudel.

Okay, what word is better than amazing? :laughing: Loved every single thing about this dish. The sauce complimented the fish so well and the salmon was cooked perfectly. The short rib strudel sounded unique and it was. I wanted a whole plate of just the short rib strudel. Rob tried some of mine and really regretted his choice. He always says I order better than him. In this case that was definitely true.

The dessert menu held no interest to us at all, but here it is in case you are curious.

Besides, I had much better plans in store for dessert...

I loved my meal here, but Rob was disappointed. He loved it here 3 years ago and was really looking forward to eating here again. I think the service is what really tipped the scales for him. We had a bad waiter here last time and this time our waiter was prompt, but very impersonal and extremely odd. He hovered over us a lot and would describe our food to us over and over again as we were eating it. It was very odd, but it didn't bother me as much as it did Rob. I would really like to come back again next trip, but I think Rob might need some convincing this time.

On our way out I had to get a picture at the Disney themed totem pole.

Back in the car again! Now, let's go find dessert!

Trail's End looks really good. My husband isn't much of a breakfast fan but maybe I can convince him! He loves Pulled Pork and Eggs Benedict (he had the Samoan in December but that failed to deliver)

Artist Point is a restaurant we want to love but it fails to deliver. My last meal there was SUPER SALTY! Love the resort and atmosphere but unless we are meal less and at the resort it will be awhile before we try it again. So sad.

You know how I feel about Artist Point - it's probably my favorite Disney restaurant. :goodvibes Still, it's been a while since I had the salmon there - it always looks great!

I am pretty sure my Mother-in-Law would love the salmon at Artist Point but the rest would be wasted on her, she's so fussy.

Every time I see that appetiser with the bacon and quail's egg, my mouth waters. It just looks (and sounds) so tasty.

As an aside, was that a dress you were wearing to AP? It looks like it would be very pretty - any chance of a full length pic?

Hi Jeri,
Enjoyed your dining review update. Snow in CT again! Alot of people talk about FW being a great place to eat and very well priced and always over looked. Your breakfast looked great! Does BLT have a water slide? I'll be looking for more dining reviews! Alicia:cool1:

I love all of your reviews!! I am dying to try Trail's End-- it's really a hidden gem! And we love getting dressed up for our signature dinners! It's part of the fun. You guys looked great for Artist Point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter