Girl Scouts earning their way to Disney!

Rolling with the punches!

Going with an adult paint party!! Fingers crossed that we can sell the tickets we need to so we can raise some money.

Made a list of things I need to still get like shirts, photo albums, tips, extra food, parking fees. So much still to buy.

Still haven't gotten money from parents and I have one saying she can't afford her outstanding balance. Praying they'll all send in money so we can make out two final HUGE payments!

Hi TinaLala,
I just wanted you to know that I have been reading this thread since you started (all the way from Australia) and I am hoping and praying it all works out for you. It seems things are a bit low right now, but take a moment to read the thread from the beginning and just look how far you have come.

Just remember (because I think I remember reading that you and your daughter are all paid up) that very soon at least the two of you and hopefully some of the others are going to disneyworld!

Keep smiling, and please keep us updated because there are people all over the world praying this works out for you and the Girl Scouts,

NHerbert - thank you SO much for your post!!!

I've been doing a lot of soul searching about this trip. What I've realized is like a teacher you have to focus on those who believe in what your trying to do. These experiences are going to give the scouts confident that young women need for their future. Girl Scouts are an amazing organization and I can only do my best for my daughters.

UPDATE - so we have a car wash planned for next Sunday and a painting party in August - both fundraisers will pay for trip expenses. Making ribbon holders so scouts can clip their resort cups to their bags. This will save money so we don't have to buy water bottles we can get water and ice from vendors. I'll show you pictures once I'm done. Also found 9 black bags that I'm going to have scouts use glow in the dark paint to make a Mickey head on one side so we can use them during the MNSSHP for trick or treating!

76 more days!! Still need to make fast pass choices and I know manic bands will come soon!

Today's update is all about what the heck to I need to do now. It's August which means we are 60 days until our trip.

1 need to pick fast passes!
2 finish luggage tags
3 order and design tshirt a for YES program
4 finalize airport drop off and pick up
5 finalize itinerary
6 printout mousekeeper envelopes

Tomorrow we have our CARWASH.

Scout paid 5 out of 10

I find number 5 "finalize itinerary" is only done when I get back - I constantly make changes. I agree that your number one at 60 days is the fast passes - how are you going to get them all to agree on what fast passes to get?

I think the fast passes they will go with whatever I suggest actually. When we tried to discuss this at one meeting most of them had NEVER even used a fastpass before! o_O

Today we had a CARWASH and did really well, $360!! That will cover our albums (shutterfly or snapfish still not sure which one I'll use)

Almost all the scouts paid today:dogdance: so excited. Got word second hand from an unrealiable source that 1 scout definitely isn't going. Will be contacting parent soon to confirm. If it's definitely a no, then I have to contact Disney to figure out if they'll do an exception. Fingers crossed!

Still have to make my costume, but we are 60 days out and I'm excited!

NHerbert - thank you SO much for your post!!!

I've been doing a lot of soul searching about this trip. What I've realized is like a teacher you have to focus on those who believe in what your trying to do. These experiences are going to give the scouts confident that young women need for their future. Girl Scouts are an amazing organization and I can only do my best for my daughters.

UPDATE - so we have a car wash planned for next Sunday and a painting party in August - both fundraisers will pay for trip expenses. Making ribbon holders so scouts can clip their resort cups to their bags. This will save money so we don't have to buy water bottles we can get water and ice from vendors. I'll show you pictures once I'm done. Also found 9 black bags that I'm going to have scouts use glow in the dark paint to make a Mickey head on one side so we can use them during the MNSSHP for trick or treating!

76 more days!! Still need to make fast pass choices and I know manic bands will come soon!

FYI, you can get cups of ice water from any QS location for free. No need to carry your resort mugs all day long. And the QS locations will NOT fill your cut for you, they will only give it to you in a paper cup, (its' a health department thing). I'd suggest leaving the resort mugs in the room.

Update - got word 1 scout not going. Contacted jetblue, disney and travel agent to see how much it will cost removing her. Thankfully Disney said I could do the Yes program with less than 10 scouts. Hooray!! I've asked one of MDs scout friends if she wants to go with hubby and MD, not a part of troop, she'll have to pay for the trip, but we will see.

TODOS

1. Pulling together budget for garden grocer.
2. Making glow in the dark mickey heads on black trick or treat bags.
3. Finish putting together forms
4. Plan airport drop off and pick up
5. Make trefoil sign for splash mountain picture
6. Order t-shirts
7 make fastpass selections

60 DAYS!!!

That is great news I was so worried that you were going to have cancel and you had come so far. So happy for you, I kept checking all week to see if there was an update - at the same time as watching for pass holder sales, Minnie updates, bog breakfast extensions - it's been a big week for Disney planners.

I feel sorry for the girl who isn't able to go. Imagine how she feels that the rest of the troop is going an she isn't. Especially if she worked on the group fundraisers. My DD6 is a Spark (Girl Guides of Canada), I was a Brownie, Girl Guide, Pathfinder and JR Leader and my mum has her 34 yr service pin. I hope if DD has the opportunity to go on trips we will be able to help her finance the trip.

60 Days!!

I am so excited! Today I booked out fast passes and did great.

Just made dining invites and finished our luggage tags!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]One more fundraiser left to go - painting party - sign up hasn't been that great but we are keeping fingers crossed. We asked a friend if she would like to pay and go to Disney with us, sadly her parents said she couldn't go.

So I'm using this thread to help organize myself as well. Still have a pretty big list of todos and we are under 60 days. FREAKING OUT!!

TODOS - UPDATED completed in bold

1. Plan airport drop off and pick up
2. Make dining invites
3. Discuss leader expectations for scouts during trip, getting lost
4. Make fastpass selections
Pulling together budget for garden grocer and place order
6. laminate Mickey luggage tags
7. Making glow in the dark mickey heads on black trick or treat bags.

8. Complete packet for parents - permission slip, health history, itinerary, packing list, Med forms
9. Make trefoil sign for splash mountain picture
10. Plan lunch locations
11. Order t-shirts- emailed company 8/11, havent heard from them yet.
12. Make final payment for Disney 8/22
13. JetBlue - final seat list and payment 9/1
14. Obtain council insurance
15. Plan/budget special events - Japan store
16. Make my costume!
17. Make/order albums - post trip

Last edited:
You've gotten a lot accomplished!! This will be an amazing trip! I am still following your updates, but have been dealing with some medical treatment for myself so I don't post often.

Good luck
Tammy

Great day today! We had our last fundraiser today. The raffle baskets were pulled. All our extra costs are all covered! Such a great feeling right now! Exhausted but great LOL!

** email from Disney YES with homework for our program. ** we have to learn about Walt, the cartoonist who created Gertie the Dinosaur, look up occupations related to animation.

Yes. Cadettes. I was thinking the same thing. Figured the homework would be a step to earning the badge at the same time as the YES program itself.

So the painting party fundraiser made $360. The parent raffle baskets made $535! Not too bad.

Fantastic news, been watching to find out how it went! You should be able to relax for a few weeks now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter