Girl Scouts earning their way to Disney!

Rescheduled Chef Mickeys to Crystal palace at 3:50on Friday! So much better! We can watch the parade go in for dinner, change into costumes and then go to MNSSHP!

BTW MNSSHP tickets came in today! So excited! ;)

This months Disney meeting was about packing, what do we need to pack and into what bag - suitcase, park bag or carryon. Scouts did really well!

So it's official - our GS Troop 993 Golf Tournament is live! Flyers went out, site is live, golf course approved Dixson Golf rep challenges. OMG!

Of course I'm anxiously awaiting 100 golfers to sign up which isn't happening so I'm freaking out.

Got word from Lindt chocolate about a donation basket and a friend forwarded our donation request and that company is donating too. So blessed!

Need to plan trip to airport, hiking - lots of hiking and walking.

Fingers crossed!

Update - so this month is put airport adventure. We will be driving to the airport, getting an amazing tour (I can't mention where yet), discussion of security and baggage claim. Most of the troop haven't flown in at least 10 years.

I'll give an update after the event!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Do you happen to need anymore adults to meet your Safety Wise ?

I'm just saying, I know somebody who has their background check done, years of experience with Cadettes and Seniors, up to date on First Aid/ CPR, etc.

:flower3:

Tonight was our troops big presentation to our CDM and SU manager.

They decided to do a video presentation for their trip proposal. I was really nervous

She said yes !!!!!! :worship:

I was joking with my co, that if they said no, then I was just going to fall on the floor and cry

So, that's it, we are approved to start making reservations and deposits for our Destinations trip :sail:

Shanna that's awesome! Congrats? Wait where are you going?

Update - so tonight we went to the airport air traffic controller tower! What a great experience. We were able to see a plane land and take off from the tower, so cool. Then we went to the airport, walked/talked about baggage claim and security process. What a great night. Really hit home. 142 more days!!

Golf tournament update - so still no one has registered, no raffle tickets sold. I've heard a few people are trying to get teams together, but I'm praying this isn't a bust. I'm not worried, my daughter is paid for, but those scouts who only have $300 of the $1200 they need, that's a lot to have to come up with.

This weekend I'm sending a valuation to each family to say here's where she is and here's how much is do BEFORE August 1st!

That sounds awesome. I might look at it for my older daughters troop. They are talking about a cruise, which I'm not crazy about. This trip sounds perfect. How much per scout?

I agree with someone who mentioned earlier it is amazing how rules differ. Here, you would NEVER be allowed to solicit so many donation or do really any fundraising outside cookies and fall products. All solicitations must be approved through council first, because council reserves the right to solicit from them first, leaving you out of luck. Also, you are NEVER allowed to exclude a girl due to financial reasons. Any girl who contributes anything must then share the same benefits as all the other girls. For instance, if they sell one box of cookies, they get the same benefits as the girls who sell a thousand. These are several of the reason I doubt I will even try and take a troop to Disney. Now, my daughter attended the centennial party at Disney and is taking a class this Friday through individual enrollment.

UPDATE - so we are now 117 days out! Flight payment is due this month. Golf tournament is the end of the month and although we don't have a huge turn out it will be enough to take some of the edge off amounts dues.

This weekend we had a mandatory two night camping weekend where we ran a program. It was a great practice run for Disney since it was a VERY VERY long day similar to what will be our second day at the park. My other leaders who attended agreed - mid day break will definitely be needed. So glad we planned this so far in advance.

I've been waiting to hear an update from you !

Our girls went "Glamping" three wknds ago, aaahhhhhh it was so nice.

We literally planned nothing and had a great time.

We ended up walking a few little trails, canoeing, talking, playing games, ho-bo packets, we had a Scouts Own with baby boats and three shooting stars.

In other news : we got our cabins reserved ! Now we just have to wait for a better sale to come back around and bring the price down even more, with Royal Caribbean, you can call an adjust your pricing if a better sale comes along.

Shanna that's great. Jealous about your glamping. I think I see a weekend in my future. No plans but walking. Those girls don't seem to realize that we will be walking 10,000 steps a day.

Correction to my update flight payment isn't due yes payment is due to Disney before July 1. Waiting for final amount from travel agent but I have the money thank God! Sent email to parents with amounts due by August 1st with RSVP by magical word. Only a few responded. I think some were in shock. lots of girls haven't contributed as much as others so the outstanding amount is quite high.

Still can't believe we are going.

I'm so proud of your girls! I'm a Lifetime Girl Scout and I remember when I was a Cadette we used a lot of our cookie money to do a behind the scenes tour at DLR (we only lived 20 minutes away and this was in the 90s so it wasn't nearly as much money to raise). I have loved reading this thread. Plus reading everyone's experiences reminded me just how much I want to volunteer!

Princessbee you can always go back as a volunteer and help plan events! That's something I'm looking forward to after my troop ages out.

Have to tell you tonight was our Sevice unit meeting and I knew some leaders were getting awards. Well they surprised me with the Kit Hammett award, which is a great award from our council, but what really touched me was my entire troop showing up to support me! Really made me cry!

So Sunday is our Golf tournament and although our #of golfers is low, people are buying raffle tickets so that's a good sign. Not going to make as much money as I wanted, but good. SO much work though!!

Totally stressing out about it!! Pray for more golfers please!!

Bad news - so we had to canal out golf tournament on Sundaydue to inclement weather. So sad. Thankfully we are trying to reschedule. At least this will give us time to get more golfers and tee sponsors!

Wish me luck.

It's actually giving me more time to focus on my older daughter's 16 Bday party which is surprise Disney themed!

Down to the wire for our golf tournament! Only 21 golfers, but lots of tickets sold for the parent raffle table!

Planning a car wash and hike soon. Can't believe only 88 more days!!

Just heard two scouts are planning on dropping right after the trip, but that's the way it goes with teenagers.

Planning a trip to Niagara Falls for next summer!

Our flamingo flocking is going kinda mmeehhhhh

At least, we've made it to our break even point, so we're not out of pocket anything

Down to the wire and I think we are in agreement - canceling golf tournament. :( Only 12 golfers signed up, not enough for a tournament.

So we regrouped and are going to plan a painting party where we can raffle off our baskets.

Very disappointed. Worked for a year on the golf thing to only raise $300 in tickets. Sad. Frustrated. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the painting thing.

I'm ready to start finishing our disney planning. I have to schedule our fast passes and our program Tshirts and and and...no time for fundraisers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter