Funniest thing to happen to you at Disney?

I went to Typhoon Lagoon with my sister and my mom and we went to swim with the sharks and tropical fish. They specifically tell you not to go on that first little island rock and to glide through the water using just your arms. My mom tucks her glasses into the **** of her swim suit and goes in.

My sister and I follow. My goggles started filling with salt water - it was burning my eyes and I couldn't see anything! So I stop on that rock to adjust and the CM tells me to get off the rock and keep swimming. So I try to continue but my goggles keep filling with salt water and my eyes are stinging real bad. I started swimming as fast as I could for the end, kicking and paddling like mad and all the while I can hear the CM through the megaphone telling me to stop - he had no idea of the searing pain I had in my eyes, but I was imagining I must've looked pretty funny amongst all the other "gliders" in the pool!

We all get out and my mom is like, "That was GREAT! GREAT I tell you...that..was.....OH NO!! MY GLASSES! They must've fallen out in the water!!!" HAHAHA! We had to get a CM to scuba dive for it! Then it dawns on us, if she wasn't wearing her glasses, how could she have seen anything anyway??!?! She's blind as a bat without them!! :crazy:

brer rabbit 28 said:
:teeth: eeyore,that has to go down as the funniest story ever :rotfl2:
The funniest thing i ever saw in MK was a whole car full of budhist monks coming down splash mountain!!They all had their orange robes on,they were having a great time and were all cheering as they passed under the bridge.We were feeling a bit low as we were heading home that day,they really cheered us up

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

that's so cute

I do lots of solo trips and eat at the sit down restaurants. I was at LTT shortly after I moved to Florida and was reading my book, eating, and all of a sudden a Chip snuck up on me and stole my bread. While I was trying to convince Chip to return my bread, Meeko came up and stole my silverware. They both disappeared, without returning the missing items and my waitress came back and I had to ask for more silverware so I could finish my meal. She laughed when I told the story, well, a few months later, I'm back at LTT and Chip--The Food thief was back stealing my food. This has happened to me each time I have eaten at LTT about 4 or 5 times since, and when I went to the Garden Grill at Epcot the first time, I relayed my story to the CM and she said she hasn't heard about this happening. Chip left my food alone at GG but at LTT--It's not safe from Chip the Food Thief. I'm in the process of booking my reservation at LTT for MVMCP, and we'll see what happens this time.
Lynn

My DH and I borrowed a video of Spectromagic that his brother taped several years ago. We were enjoying it as if we were sitting in the MK ourselves.

The 7 dwarfs are coming towards the camera; his brother yells "Look here Sneezy!" (or something like that) Well, Sneezy looks at the camera and picks his nose!!!

We both fell out of our chairs laughing, backed up the video to play it again. There is NO reaction from his brother or anyone else in the area.

Dawn

dawnsb said:
My DH and I borrowed a video of Spectromagic that his brother taped several years ago. We were enjoying it as if we were sitting in the MK ourselves.

The 7 dwarfs are coming towards the camera; his brother yells "Look here Sneezy!" (or something like that) Well, Sneezy looks at the camera and picks his nose!!!

We both fell out of our chairs laughing, backed up the video to play it again. There is NO reaction from his brother or anyone else in the area.

Dawn

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: i laughed way too loud at that and my mom now thinks im nuts!

One day several years back my daughters and I were at the (for the life of me I cannot recall its name) Backlot Warehouse(?). It is the building you go into after getting off the Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon tram. At that time there were several glassed in exhibits of Star Wars characters/costumes...and one that for some reason was of a huge life-size gorilla.My identical 4 year old twin girls were entranced by this exhibit and wonderingly stood stock still for a few minutes looking at it. What a picture these two little tow-headed girls in ruffles and curls made as they stared with uplifted faces at the immense ebony ape.

As I was marveling to myself how rapt they were, another mother and daughter (also about 4 years old) came through the door to look at the gorilla. As they approached the exhibit I heard the mother reassure her child not to worry because they were at Disney and it was not real, just stuffed.

When they turned to leave after a few moments, the little girl carefully walked over and gingerly touched one of my twins on the arm. At the touch, Elise turned and looked at the little girl who then ran to her mother with wide eyes and in a shocked voice whispered, "Mommy, I think they're real!"

Ozymoe said:
One day several years back my daughters and I were at the (for the life of me I cannot recall its name) Backlot Warehouse(?). It is the building you go into after getting off the Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon tram. At that time there were several glassed in exhibits of Star Wars characters/costumes...and one that for some reason was of a huge life-size gorilla.My identical 4 year old twin girls were entranced by this exhibit and wonderingly stood stock still for a few minutes looking at it. What a picture these two little tow-headed girls in ruffles and curls made as they stared with uplifted faces at the immense ebony ape.

As I was marveling to myself how rapt they were, another mother and daughter (also about 4 years old) came through the door to look at the gorilla. As they approached the exhibit I heard the mother reassure her child not to worry because they were at Disney and it was not real, just stuffed.

When they turned to leave after a few moments, the little girl carefully walked over and gingerly touched one of my twins on the arm. At the touch, Elise turned and looked at the little girl who then ran to her mother with wide eyes and in a shocked voice whispered, "Mommy, I think they're real!"
:rotfl2: That's a classic!!!

naughty but funny - i don't know if it will get passed the moderators! we were waiting to ride tot at mgm. my husband who had said never again had gone to the refesment cart nearby. i signed to him in what was basic signing language for the deaf "expletive deleted coward" the elderly lady standing behind ended up crying with laughter - i must have picked the only time and place where a deaf person had interpreted what i said. boy was my face red!! :blush:

susan1 said:
naughty but funny - i don't know if it will get passed the moderators! we were waiting to ride tot at mgm. my husband who had said never again had gone to the refesment cart nearby. i signed to him in what was basic signing language for the deaf "expletive deleted coward" the elderly lady standing behind ended up crying with laughter - i must have picked the only time and place where a deaf person had interpreted what i said. boy was my face red!! :blush:

Thank you for the laugh this morning! LOL...you really must watch your sign language, Susan! My oldest daughter learned some basic sign language when she needed to sign the "Our Father" in church. Of course her deaf friends clued her in on all the current slang, too! Lol...I haven't thought about that in years!

I've been watching this thread, waiting for more funny stories. I hope some of you lurkers will share yours too. I am really enjoying these!

susan1 said:
Be VERY careful.... They are teaching kindergarteners to sign these days. My 6YO nephew knows the alphbet. Hope you didn't spell it out. Thanks for the laugh, though. :rotfl:

hi
yes i spelt it out in every mind numbing toe curling embarrassing letter!!

susan1 said:
hi
yes i spelt it out in every mind numbing toe curling embarrassing letter!!
:rotfl2: Lesson well learned. I am sorry. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The funniest thing I have seen at WDW also involves TOT.

Cast of Characters:
Me, DH, Friend in 50's, Friends daughter -late teens.

We finally convice our friend to ride TOT. She frequents WDW from NJ several times a year, yet has never had the pleaseure of riding TOT. She decides that she will give it a try. The four of us are seated in the front row. We move into the elevator shaft... Friend is seated at the end of the row. As soon as we drop she screams and turns around and grabs the knee of the large man (that we do not know) seated in the row behind us on the other side. At this point the four of us are laughing and crying. She does this for the entire drop.

When we get to the end and before we have gotten the chance to find our photo - the cast member working comes up to us and says, "Mam, I have been working here for awhile and that is the funniest thing I have ever seen."

So, we go to find our photo. In the photo - friend is holding the hand of the afore metioned man we don't know. While the other large man sitting opposite of here is taping her with his video camera. Yes, everyone in the car is looking at her and laughing. The picture is priceless.

We went to purchase the picture and the woman working there loads the picture and immediately her hand pops up over her mouth to stiffle a laugh. We told her it was ok - we know its funny.

Ahhhh - good times! I need to go scan in that photo.

Kelly

Keggy said:
The funniest thing I have seen at WDW also involves TOT.

Cast of Characters:
Me, DH, Friend in 50's, Friends daughter -late teens.

We finally convice our friend to ride TOT. She frequents WDW from NJ several times a year, yet has never had the pleaseure of riding TOT. She decides that she will give it a try. The four of us are seated in the front row. We move into the elevator shaft... Friend is seated at the end of the row. As soon as we drop she screams and turns around and grabs the knee of the large man (that we do not know) seated in the row behind us on the other side. At this point the four of us are laughing and crying. She does this for the entire drop.

When we get to the end and before we have gotten the chance to find our photo - the cast member working comes up to us and says, "Mam, I have been working here for awhile and that is the funniest thing I have ever seen."

So, we go to find our photo. In the photo - friend is holding the hand of the afore metioned man we don't know. While the other large man sitting opposite of here is taping her with his video camera. Yes, everyone in the car is looking at her and laughing. The picture is priceless.

We went to purchase the picture and the woman working there loads the picture and immediately her hand pops up over her mouth to stiffle a laugh. We told her it was ok - we know its funny.

Kelly
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Spit on the keyboard funny! Please post picture!!

Keggy said:

Kelly

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

[wiping eyes] Oh, I hope you do scan it and post it here!

I can so relate to your poor DF, though. The first time I saw It's Tough To Be A Bug at AK my DH and I had the kids in between us and I reflexively grabbed the arm of the man sitting to my right when the cloud of "poison gas" enveloped us. That still panics me a little, but at least now I know it's going to happen and I firmly clasp my hands in my lap.

That poor man...he said afterwards at first he thought I was just another special effect!!!

About ten years ago my parents and I went, and we stayed one night at the ASMu. Mom checked us out, and Dad and I went to take pictures. For some reason he HAD to have a picture of the drum set in front of the Jazz building, so he's lining up, and decides he needs to get further back. And then even further back. This alarms me greatly, because there's something behind him. So sure enough, he goes back again, and I tried to say 'Dad, don't do that!' and it was just too late. He fell into the fountain that was right behind him, got soaking wet, and created a Shamu-worthy splash around it! Luckily the camera didn't get wet, so I could get a lovely picture of my poor dad, soaking wet, fishing his hat out of the fountain. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter