• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funniest thing to happen to you at Disney?

DanceRC28

Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gr
Last year my DH to be and I were relaxing on some rocks, happily chomping on some mickey bars.....when out of nowhere a bird flies by and poops all over his sandel! :rotfl2: He didn't find it too funny but I sure did!!!

Renee

I wrote this in another thread on another board a few weeks ago........

OK, I wasn't ever going to write this, but since this thread is here, well, it's my chance to do this "tastefully". AND if you are the lady "in question", you have my admiration for "taking my sister and her friend down with you" and embarrassing THEM as much as they embarrassed YOU!!!

WELL, this was in October and we were just being seated at Chef's de France. My sister and her friend (in their mid 30's) had to use the bathroom. DH and I were seated and they seemed to be gone an awfully long time. I was almost going to go check on them.

Well, they finally came back to the table and they looked positively "stricken" and almost "terrified". They said, "You'll NEVER believe what happened to us!!!" They preceeded to tell us how they were both going to the bathroom and someone made quite a large "noise" (putting it politely), well, my sister thought they were alone and said, "WOW, good one, way to go girl!!!"

My sister's friend quietly, said, "Rachel, that wasn't me!!!" Well, another "noise", apparrently louder than the first!!! My sister thought her friend was kidding about being alone and, then said, "Boy, another one like that and you'll be able to eat TWO desserts!!!" My sister's friend AGAIN said, "Rachel is WASN"T ME!!!" Well, she was finished and just wanted to get out of there, so she started washing her hands and all of a sudden the lady came out of the other stall, arms opened wide, New York accent and said, "IT WAS ME!!!!!!!"

My sister, still in the stall, was afraid to move, my sister's friend was positively stunned and totally embarrassed, and the lady proceeded to say, "Haven't you girls EVER had to go to that bathroom before??? Now where's the OTHER one!!!"

So my sister VERY sheepishly came out of the stall and put her hand out to shake the lady's hand and the lady said, "You haven't washed that hand!!!" Well, I guess apologies were exchanged and some other remarks, but I have never ever seen my smarty sister at such a loss for words and so embarrassed in my life.

NOW, all of this was being told to us at our table in Chefs de France. I was literally laughing SO hard that the tears were running down my cheeks and I could hardly catch my breath, just picturing that whole scenario in that bathroom. AND in the middle of all of this, our poor waiter kept coming back and we tried so hard to compose ourselves enough to say that we needed a little more time. I'm sure he thought we were nuts, or laughing at him or something, by how he looked at us.

Well, all I can say again, is "kudos" to that lady. Instead of "cowering" in the stall, she had the smarts to "take my sister" down with her and embarrass my sister more than my sister embarrassed HER!!! It was ingenious, and absolutely hysterical.

:teeth: eeyore,that has to go down as the funniest story ever :rotfl2:
The funniest thing i ever saw in MK was a whole car full of budhist monks coming down splash mountain!!They all had their orange robes on,they were having a great time and were all cheering as they passed under the bridge.We were feeling a bit low as we were heading home that day,they really cheered us up

Oh I have a couple of good stories!

I think this one was when I was about 11-12 and we went to work with our mom when she used to work at the Disney Institute. Well they had tv's and stuff up stairs but to get there you had to go up this dark staircase and walk across some rafters. So I went up with my brother and for some reason he left, but when we were going up I just noticed how dark it was behind the stairwell and the huge slots between each step. Of course me, I've always let my imagination get away with me and as I went back downstairs to find my brother I just kept thinking, "May someone could be behind those stairs right now. They could just grab my leg and no one would no. So I hurried down the stairs, trying not to look down and I reached for the door but before I could open it my brother flung the door open to come back up. I screamed SOOO loud and backed up. :scared1: This of course made my brother laugh so hard he started to cry and he still bugs me about it today. But it was funny after the scene!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Then quite recently me and a couple of friends went to MGM and my friend Karen said she was tired so she used her cast member discount to get a wheelchair! XD The way she got it though was her friend stuffed her shirt so she looked like she was about to pop being pregnant and they didn't even question it. So we continued through the park and we went on Tower of Terror. We went into the library where they show the film of what's going to happen and when the room went black she screamed at the top of her lungs making everyone jump. We all laughed, I was kind of embarrassed but I still thought it was funny. We couldn't stop laughing so people couldn't hear the movie and they started going, "Shhhh!" and Karen goes, "No you SHHH!" We laughed harder at this and they finally started yelling at us, "Shut up!" Karen, "No you ShUT UP!" It was incredibly rude of her but it was so funny to us. We don't do this all they time so don't think me rude, but she started it all and you would have laughed too if you were with us!

I just posted this on a different board as well. A couple of years ago I was enjoying the lazy river at Typhoon. My friend and I were just floating along. I saw this hornet flying overhead a few feet in front of us. I'm allergic to bees so I really took notice. This hornet started flying right at me. I dove in my innertube. The thing drowned him/herself trying to get me. I was so glad I had witnesses. No one would believe me about a hornet that commited suicide.

Another story several years ago.... My mom, two sisters, and me were in line to ride Big Thunder Mountain. This was during the first evening parade. BIG mistake. Everyone wanted to ride this at that time. It was late July and still really hot even though the sun was going down. We had been there since the parks opened. We were in line, inside but still had a ways to go. My youngest sister, who had very long, thick hair at the time, laid her head on my back. I basically growled, through clenched teeth, "Get off me". The lady in front of me turned around and said, "I'm sorry". I started laughing and told the lady that I wasn't talking to her and she was laughing too. We have laughed about that for years. :goodvibes

Well after a lot of convincing I finally got my husband to say " to heck with what others think" and ride the carrousel with me. All went well untill the end and as I was getting off I looked back to see my husband STUCK half on and half off! One leg was stuck in the air on the horse, and he was hopping tip toe and pulling on the stuck leg trying to throw it back over.

What happened was that at the end of the ride instead of swinging his leg over then stepping off, he just slid off the side. Since the horse stopped at the top, the step off was higher than he expected, putting his right leg on the ground but his left leg hung unable to lift high enough to free itself.

The sight of him pulling on his leg with embarrased desperation was more than I could take. He looked like at any moment he would try to naw it off!

Of course, being a loving wife, I rushed to help him....no wait, actually I fell to the ground laughing. I just couldn't help it. We both still laugh about it...

and it has become much more difficult to talk him into doing things!

DanceRC28 said:
Last year my DH to be and I were relaxing on some rocks, happily chomping on some mickey bars.....when out of nowhere a bird flies by and poops all over his sandel! :rotfl2: He didn't find it too funny but I sure did!!!

Renee

OOOHH your hubby's lucky. My hubby got it right on the head! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: We were eating fries from the McDonald's cart in Frontierland. He also got it on the head at the beach one year. He ALWAYS wears a hat on vacation now. :rotfl:

This post ended up being kinda long. OK...super duper long, but it had to be. If I said the funniest thing was when we took my 60ish yo dad on RNRC, that's not that funny. But hopefully, you'll think it is if I tell you the whole story.

During my early teen years, at our tiny local amusement park, my mother was the rider. My father went once or twice, but mostly he just fed quarters into the water canon on the log flume. "I don't do rides" he always said "my back". He wouldn't even ride the carousel. My dad, while a good guy once you get to know him, is a very serious and stern guy and was was also mistaken for a security guard when I went in to the hospital for emergency surgery a couple years ago.

Anyway, a bit more background. It's May 2003. On my niece's 4th b-day, she decides she wants to ride the rollercoaster. I tell her they're just screaming because it's so much fun and explain that once she goes on it we can do it again or never again, but that she should try it. Screaming her little heart out even though she has a cold and you can barely hear her, she had a blast.

Fast Forward to January 2004. It's my third trip to WDW and my parents first. My brother and his wife have been before, but their two girls, 4 & 1, have not. My other brother's two youngest, 10 & 7, are join us for that day as well.

We're at Magic Kingdom for the day and my 4yo niece had decided she HAD to do BTMRR. When we get to Frontierland, my mom who can't ride the big rides anymore says she'll stay behind with those who don't want to go. So, I ask "Who wants to go on BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN"??

The 4 yo says, "ME!!!"...

My brother (her daddy) says "I'll go"...

Then my dad says - "I'm gonna go too!!"

My brother and I just about fell over. He hadn't been on many rides that day or ever that we can really remember. We look at each other, then at him and ask, "You do know, it's a roller coaster??"

"Yeah" he says, "looks like fun."

OK - this is about the point we wonder where our real dad is.

Mom stayed with my SIL and the other kids. When we get on, my niece makes her Daddy sit with Pop so she can sit with me, her rollercoaster buddy. (God I love that girl!) When it's all over, my niece says she wants to do it again. We ask my dad how he liked it. He says it was great, what's next? So, we go to Splash Mountain and make him sit with my nephew in the front. Mostly, so we could grab his his hood so he couldn't put it on when we went down the big drop. For my dad, these two things are a monumental step. My brother told me later that evening that dad was "giggling" through the whole ride on BTMRR. Dad...giggling...no way!! This Disney magic is pretty powerful stuff!!!!

Fast Forward to the next day. We head to MGM. Again, I've been before, my brother's been, dad doesn't have a clue what's there and what's going on. In the afternoon, I asked my brother to go on RNRC with me. My niece wanted to go, but she was too short. Again Dad is there with "I'll go too!!" As we're standing out in the "courtyard", I look up at and say "Are you sure?" He says, "Yeah, I'll go with you guys" and doesn't even notice the upside down car.

The wait is about an hour and FP is about an hour way, so we grab FP's for the three of us and sit down on a bench for an ice cream break and people watching. A couple times during our wait, my brother and I look at each other and smirk. Then one of us asks Dad, "Are you SURE you want to go?"

"Yeah, I want to go."

"You know it's another roller coaster right?"

"Yeah"

"And it's a ROCK N ROLL er coaster"

"That's ok with me."

He's only ever listened to Classical Music for the past 20 years, but suddenly it's ok with him? Again, where's our real dad?!?

So, we're getting ready to get in line and my brother and I start peeling off our bags, dump loose change from our pockets, stowe the sunglasses, lanyards, etc., in the stroller. Basically, anything that could fall off we took off. Dad joins right in and honestly doesn't have a clue that it goes super fast and upside down.

So, our FP time arrives, we go through the line/preshow and get to the take off zone. When the first car zooms off, we laugh at my dad's reaction and ask "You can still leave if you want to. Are you SURE you REALLY want to do this?" "Yeah, looks like fun."

My brother and I are fighting to contain our composure at this point. I make him sit with dad and after they get settled in, I step down into my car and turn to them and say,

"Hey dad, what does INVERTED mean?"

His eyes get big and just about shouts " U P S I D E D O W N ". My brother and I burst out laughing. At that point we were all strapped in and ready to go, too late to change his mind now!

Needless to say, dad survived and had a pretty good time. He said it was smoother than BTMRR but probably wouldn't be doing it again. Even now, when we tell this story, we can't help but crack up at how my dad went on his first inverted rollercoaster at 61 years old.

My experience is pretty common but when it happens, it's funny and embarrassing. ;)

DH and I had a nice late lunch at Le Cellier. I drank a beer and lots of water. So before leaving, I had to visit the ladies room. There are only two stalls and in my rush, I glanced at the floor and saw shoes in the first stall. Looked down at the second and didn't see any shoes and the door opened easily to the view of a woman sitting on the throne. Of course, flustered I mumbled my apologies and backed out. The first lady was done so I used the first stall. When the second lady left I heard her telling the other one what happened and laughing. Ladies please make sure you lock the stall doors. I'm trying to get the image out of my mind. :blush:

Okay this will probably only be funny to my sister and myself. We had just left Pirates of the Carribean and went over to Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. It was my husband Matt, my mom, sister Keiley (AKA Keebles) and me. Anywho...we were all sitting at the table, and had placed our orders. My mother (who we lovingly call Dory) added sweetener to her iced tea and proceeded to stir it with her butter knife. Well, the rest of us were just dumbfounded :scratchin , as she had a spoon to do this with. Without any prompting, my VERY serious husband starts singing "..a pirates life for me. I use a knife to stir my tea..." I don't think I have ever laughed that hard. Ever. Ma, LYMI.

old one said:
Well after a lot of convincing I finally got my husband to say " to heck with what others think" and ride the carrousel with me. All went well untill the end and as I was getting off I looked back to see my husband STUCK half on and half off! One leg was stuck in the air on the horse, and he was hopping tip toe and pulling on the stuck leg trying to throw it back over.

What happened was that at the end of the ride instead of swinging his leg over then stepping off, he just slid off the side. Since the horse stopped at the top, the step off was higher than he expected, putting his right leg on the ground but his left leg hung unable to lift high enough to free itself.

The sight of him pulling on his leg with embarrased desperation was more than I could take. He looked like at any moment he would try to naw it off!

Of course, being a loving wife, I rushed to help him....no wait, actually I fell to the ground laughing. I just couldn't help it. We both still laugh about it...

and it has become much more difficult to talk him into doing things!
LOL! That is especially funny because it's so much like what happened to me, also on the carrousel. I was rushing to get on, the only adult without children. I didn't notice that the horse I'd chosen was "way up there"-it had stopped at the top. So here was this 50 year-old woman trying to haul herself up on the horse (the old knees just weren't cooperating!) while children around me scampered up on their steed. Now, hearing about your DH's experience, I'm going to be terified when it stops!

brer rabbit 28The funniest thing i ever saw in MK was a whole car full of budhist monks coming down splash mountain!!They all had their orange robes on said:
Thank you for the laugh!!! Oh I can just picture it too!! Way too cute.

The story that pops into my head is when dh and I were in MK during New Year's. I was in the Stitch shop gathering goodies, while dh went to the smoking area for a quick one. He came back really quickly and looked really embarrassed. I ask him if everything is okay and he gets redder yet!! So I finally get it out of him. He's sitting there enjoying his smoke :crazy2: and this young girl walks up to him and asks for a light. My dh being my dh he obliges and the girl sits down next to him. She then asks if that's the real color of his hair (He's a natural redhead and his beard proves it.) He says yes and she said something about seeing all the hair on him to prove it!! Now my dh is not a shy guy, but she really threw him for a loop, I guess he extinguished his cig and said gotta find my wife now and took off!!

I still tease him about it.

The funniest thing I seen was on the train from around Magic Kingdom, the soundtrack got stuck and the guy kept yelling "YUP!!!" By the time it pulled into the station, the whole train was cracking up and yelling yup. We called it the yup train after that...

The last time I went to Florida I must have been 14yrs old (20 now) - in 1999.

Anyway, I was in MK talking on one of the payphones near Enchanted Grove (on the edge of FantasyLand) to my [now ex] boyfriend. All of a sudden, out of NOWHERE, the Mad Hatter appeared and took the phone off me and started chatting to the person on the other end! I turned around to see a gathering crowd!

He eventually handed the receiver back to me and told me what a 'lovely young man' the person on the other end was (although my ex assured me that he had said some no-so-nice things - well, he didn't know what was going on!). A few minutes later, TweedleDum (or maybe TweedleDee) tried the same thing, but their minder ushered them away (she'd witnessed the earlier incident).

I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Mine involved my Mom, a five foot tall, 100lbs Japanese woman. Joe and I and some friends had planned a trip to WDW and my Mom asked if it was alright if she came along. She knew all of our friends and they loved her so of course I said yes. How could I deny my Mom when she took me so many times as a kid?

One day during our fantastic trip, we were at MGM. Mom saw the Tower of Terror and said, "Ooooo, what's THAT?!" I told her it was like the Haunted Mansion at MK, which I knew happened to be her (and my) favorite attraction of all time. I also told her that it included elements of the Twilight Zone, her (and my) favorite tv show. So we hustled over, Mom, me and my friends and hopped into line.

Mom was marveling at all the set pieces in the lobby, and kept commenting about how neat the library and boiler room were. When it was our turn to step into the elevator, she asked me why there were lap bars (pre seat belt days). I told her not to worry, that it was to insure that none of the guests got up and out of their seat. She was happy with that.

As we rode through the attraction, once again, Mom marveled at WDW genius. As the elevator started moving forward and into the next shaft, she commented, "It's so hot in here now. Why is it so hot? Rick, is this supposed to happen?" People around us were tittering and snickering and giggling like little maniacs, suddenly realizing that the tiny little elderly Japanese woman hadn't a clue what was about to happen.

As Mom was commenting on the heat, the elevator SHOT UP, only to stop and bounce a second, sparks flew, nasty breaking noises and sqeals surrounded us, to SHOOT DOWN again, then SHOT UP and DOWN. Mom? She was screaming in the loudest, highest pitched voice I had ever heard in my life, her handbag clutched in her arms, her tiny rear end rising from the seat, one hand clutched in a death grip on my arm.

When the ride stopped and all was over, my Mom started in on me, yelling at me for playing such a dirty trick. Everyone in the elevator was chortling with good humor until she said the dreaded words, "I'm telling your father when I get home." Mutters of "Oh, he's so busted," and "oooooooohhhhh...." wafted through the air. You could have heard a pin drop as we pulled in to the unloading area until Mom lifted her mighty handbag and walloped me in the head with it with quiet mutters of Japanese origin. EVERYONE started screaming with laughter when she did that.

As we walked through the gift shop, Mom kept wacking me about the head, shoulders and back with her handbag, telling me I was going to hell and that she was going to tell my father. Picture it, she's five feet tall and 100lbs and at the time, she was about 65 years old. I am 6'4", 210lbs, and at the time, I was 33. Quite a scene I tell you.

Joe and I still laugh at it until this day. Believe it or not, so does Mom.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: These are great!

My dh is not a rides person. He'll go on about 3 rides a day with me if evenly spaced throughout the day, just becasue he feels bad making me go alone. (I feel worse if he rides and feels sick the rest of the day, though.)

Last time we were at wdw he asked me if I want to go on Space Mountain. Sure, I'll get there. He said he'd come with. Are you SURE??? (He's NEVER been on SM.) Yeah, I can handle that he tells me. Space Mountain? Really? You can handle that? I don't mind going alone.

Mind you, he gets motion sick very easily. Flasing lights tend to make it worse, but he was bound and determined that he'd be just fine.

Well, we ride it and are getting off when he tells me that was not the ride he thought it was going to be. What one did you think it was? You know the one that just passes through SM, I guess. You mean TTA????

Yup, he went on SM, thinking he was going on the Tomorrowland Transporation Authority. :rotfl:

Oh, we did do TTA next. I laughed the whole way. Poor guy.

These stories really crack ya up. :rotfl2: With my kinda luck i'm sure 2 have one to add when i come back at the end of Oct 2005.

Well I dun know how funny it is but...I took my best friend to Disney for OUR birthdays. She Hates Roller Coasters but I convinced her that Splash Mountain was'nt a BAD ride..I guess it's my power of persuasion...She said YES why Not?...The Rides going great nice little log ride with the story playing out...she knows somethings coming & says I knew it "I just knew it" you tricked me...Bracing herself we go down the BIG fall and CLICK the Picture of it is "priceless" The look on her face oh my Gosh ...We laugh hysterically every time we look @ it!!!. : )

This is from a trip to MK a long, long time ago when I was a teen. I was leaning on my side up against a brick wall with all my weight on one leg. All of a sudden I felt somebody push in on my knee with theirs... you know the drill, we've all done it to someone. There I was sliding backwards down wall frantically trying to grab ahold of a brick or something on the way down. Once I got to the floor over came Goofy trying to help me up and make sure I was ok. I don't think he realized that I had all my weight on the leg that he pushed in and was very distraught when I hit the ground. I didn't find it so funny at the time, but it cracks me up now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter