>> Funniest Overheard Comments Part II <<

Haha...thats a good one.
On our recent trip we were waiting in line to see mary poppins and bert and across the street in front of Tony's, Jiminey Cricket (excuse the spelling) had just come out and the lady in front of us said "Ohhh Look theres the Cockroach" hahah:rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't think I would have been able to bite my tongue hard enough on that one and would have lost it.

What I heard was not exactly dumb, but unimformed.

A lady asked me at the Epcot monorail station, "Does this monorail go to Disney Hollywood Studios or do we have to transfer to a different monorail?", she said "I know there is an express monorail to Animal Kingdom"

I had to explain the monorail system to her and told her if she wanted to get to the studios she needed to leave the monorail station and catch a bus.

I could see that she was very disappointed that the monorail didn't go everywhere. I feel her pain, I wish it went to all of the parks, that would be awesome!

It just amazes me that so many people "show" up to Disney or any vacation for that matter.

I'm a planner and do extensive research for all my vacations. I can't imagine pluncking down $$$$$ then showing up and saying, "OK so what is there to do?". But people do it everyday.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't think I would have been able to bite my tongue hard enough on that one and would have lost it.

haha...I didn't, I started laughing and the lady turned around and looked at me. My mom said "ohh thats jiminey cricket, hes a cricket." Luckily the lady wasn't insulted but glad we said something. She said "ohh that would have been embarassing wouldn't it?" I just nodded and said Yup! hahah Then she proceeded to ask us other questions, we were glad to help. :laughing:

My funny happened this week while i was AK, i was watching the Siamang Monkeys, these are the ones you hear first thing in the morning, they are close to EE. So anyway they were doing there morning calls, and a lady behind me goes... "oh i wonder if those are real"... and then other lady goes, "how do they keep from falling", I got a kick out of those comments.

Then the other ones are when you use the fastpass, and the people in the regular standby line dont understand why you get to go to the front of the line when they have been standing there forever... do your homework people!!! :)

I almost forgot, another one happened, and that a british fella was asking an american where the que line was, and the american goes, i'm sorry i dont know what your talking about.... i would of translated that he just wanted to know where the line was but i was in a hurry to get out of the park... my legs just wouldnt stop!! hehe (btw, no offense to us Americans, :hug: i know we usually dont use that term here)

How about the often overheard (or at least I pick it up eveytime I go down to the World) "Why are there so many kids here?" :confused3 :rolleyes1 :headache: :sad2: :rolleyes:

Until next time,
John

:smooth:
Then the other ones are when you use the fastpass, and the people in the regular standby line dont understand why you get to go to the front of the line when they have been standing there forever... do your homework people!!! :)

This one actually makes my husband strut like a peacock - the one thing he knows about disney that shockingly a lot of people don't. He puffs up even more :cool: when someone makes a snide remark :snooty: "Who are those people!!" - he then says "Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave :wave: "

While on line last month for ice cream in the MK, I was carrying one of our friends little girls who is Asian and 2 women commented to be heard "why would you want a kid who doesn't look like you?"

Not sure if that was stupid, mean or both:confused3

While on line last month for ice cream in the MK, I was carrying one of our friends little girls who is Asian and 2 women commented to be heard "why would you want a kid who doesn't look like you?"

Not sure if that was stupid, mean or both:confused3

OMG, what an awful thing for them to have said!:sad2:

While at CSR one night, I got out of the pool and started shivering. A lady told me "If you think THAT's cold, try the hot tub!" (104 degrees...):rolleyes1

"We'll take the boat(from Epcot) to MGM and from there we'll take the Monorail to Disney World.":)

Oh it's so funny what you overhear the misinformation some people come out with. I find the funniest things are said on the bus. Most of the time, I really want to jump in and correct them but I don't, unless I really think they can use the help and they look like they're nice!

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that,or...
"Just a litte longer and we'll be at Disneyland"
I can't count how many times I've heard that on the way to WDW:rotfl:
I could probably pay for my next trip.:laughing:

One time we were on the resort monorail...got on at the first stop after MK (can't remember which one that is), which required riding the whole circuit. A family gets on, and even tho' there was enough room for them all to sit together on one side, one of them (a woman) plopped down next to DH...RIGHT next to him, despite where being plenty of room. Trying to make her hubby jealous?! :confused: Then she spent the whole ride ranting at her family about why the stupid monorail was taking so long to get to Disney Studio. It just went on and on and on..... We weren't about to correct her...couldn't have even if we wanted to because I don't think she ever paused to take a breath. They didn't get off at MK, and the next stop was where they started so God only knows where they ended up.

I've read that the most common question asked at MK is "What time is the 3:00 parade?" It's so common that CMs are instructed to answer a certain way, so guests don't feel stupid. They are supposed to reply, "The parade will pass HERE at..."

After DW learned that she would continually ask me when the 3:00 parade was and giggle.:goodvibes

That drives me crazy. I can't stand when people think MK is only disney world. I've heard it several times and I just have to correct the person!

That drives me crazy. I can't stand when people think MK is only disney world. I've heard it several times and I just have to correct the person!

:confused: It's a good bet that the person has been going to WDW for a long, long time. Don't forget that originally MK was Disney World as far as parks were concerned--no other parks existed. It took a long time for a lot of us to break down and call it MK. I think my family finally started to do it gradually in the mid-90s. It doesn't surprise me in the least that some people have continued to do it,. After all, some people still call the TTA the WEDway Peoplemover and refer to Mission to Mars, etc.

:confused: It's a good bet that the person has been going to WDW for a long, long time. Don't forget that originally MK was Disney World as far as parks were concerned--no other parks existed.

Early on, after Epcot was built, even Disney made statements like, "Visit Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter