Friends seeking travel friends thread!

After finding this thread and reading most of the posts on here, I figured I'd make an account and add my two cent to this as well (this is a pretty awesome idea).

A short bio about myself:

My name is Steve I'm 30 years old, I live in New York, I have no children, I'm single, and I'm a Disneyholic. Me and my now ex-wife (as of last year) have gone to Walt Disney World since we started dating and I have to say I love the place (as I'm sure all of you do as well, or why would you be here in the first place?! Lol). I haven't been to Walt Disney World in almost two years now and I believe I am fiending pretty hard for it.

I'm actually thinking of taking my first solo trip in a less than three weeks. Kind of on a whim idea. I bought a new car and before I store it for the winter I just want to drive. I figure what better place to drive than the happiest place on Earth. Been thinking about taking a trip for awhile now and I got the idea for WDW earlier today. Why not, right?

My travel style is pretty fast paced. I try to make the absolute most of the time I have to spend in the parks. Usually we would go for 5 day trips and try to go to each park at least twice.

My trip finances have always been try to go on a budget (moderate for a few years then just value because it's just somewhere to sleep, right?). Now that I am planning on going solo I guess sky is the limit. Ha ha great perk on being single. Lol.

Planned or laid back? All of my trips have been planned out and I enjoy sticking to a schedule (goes hand in hand with maximizing the fun to time ratio there) although I'm not one to complain about sitting in the carousel of progress for a few rotations. Lol.

Usually while at WDW I'm up quite early (I'm a morning person in general) also I enjoy staying at whatever park has the extended magic hours so I don't mind stay out late watching the fireworks and riding whatever rides I can in the dark!

Favorite park(s)? Can that even really be an honest question? Lol. Above all I'd say the Magic Kingdom.

Leader or follower? For the most part in all my trips there I was the follower, my ex loved to plan every aspect of the trip (with some input from myself) so for my solo trip I'm going to break the norm and "plan" my trip lol. I don't mind following at Disney as long as I'm doing something at Disney.

1.Rides (haunted mansion and dinosaur).
2.Food ( recently found out I love dole whip).
3.Shopping (I love roaming around downtown Disney).
4.Character experiences (gotta get some funny pictures when lines are short).
5.Tours (I've been on a few of them. I don't mind seeing what makes WDW spin).
6.Downtime (gotta sleep at least a few hours, right?).

Time of the year? I went one time durning the summer... I'm not the biggest fan intense heat. So I now choose to go fall time (September to November). Although I do like it there quite a bit during Christmas time.

So to really finish this up, it's a rough draft on how I feel about Disney. What it really comes down to is, I got a fever and the only prescription is, more Disney! Ha ha.

Going in April 2016

Hey Mouseketeers,

Earlier in this thread I responded to the general questions, but I'm posting again because I'm going in April 2016 for a trip including some solo days. Getting ready to make ADRs soon. Will anyone be there during that time, who may like to meet up for a meal or two, or park touring? I can meet during range of April 9 - 13 at least.

Heyo. New to this forum, but a regular over on WDW Reddit.

About me:

Name's Randall, 33yr old dude who is still convinced he's 23. Serious Peter Pan syndrome. I live 2 hours away from Disney and go pretty much every other weekend. I usually come down Saturday afternoon, stay at a value resort or Wyndham LBV and leave Sunday night (I take Fridays off as often as work allows for those coveted three day weekend park trips, like this upcoming one!)

Since I'm there so often, almost always solo, thought I might try and corral up some people on here who'd want to meet up occasionally if local.

Most times I'll have one nice table service meal and snack the rest of the trip, also would love some dining company, and drinking company if you're up for it! I can usually be found at Rose & Crown Pub throughout my trip, and Jelly Rolls on my Saturday nights. I drink around the world as a hobby.

I'm just as eager to jump on Tower of Terror as I am Small World. No ride is too childish for me, and no coaster too intense. I love character meet and greets as well, and have visited Ariel far too many times to count.

So if I sound like someone you'd like to either chill at the bar with or terrorize all four parks in one day with, I'm game!

Heading down WDW last week in January and first week in February 2016. Looking forward to getting away from the real world and enjoying some of that special Disney magic.

Here's the bit where I give a little info about myself:
Hello. I'm Sam. I'm a new-ish Disney addict. ("Hello Sam") Single, mid-40s, been going solo to Disney for the past three years and enjoying the time by doing what I want, when I want and where I want without having to worry about anyone else. (Not that I can find anyone who wants to come with...)

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): All of the above. Depends on where I am and what I'm doing as well as the time of day. Usually start out fast paced and then slow down towards the middle of the day, roaring back to moderate in the evening.

What are your trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Luxury...it's vacation! Right? You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Planned or laid back trip: Used to be laid back, but thanks to MagicBand, I'm forced to plan. You all know what I mean.

Morning or night person: Both. Early morning person, but have no problem being up nights as long as I have things to do!

Favorite parks: Hollywood Studios, but all the others are just as awesome. Star Tours and Tower of Terror!

Are you a leader or a follower: A little bit of both. Depends on who I'm with. When I'm going solo, I'm definitely both!

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Shopping
4. Down time
5. Tours (want to try and take one some day)
6. Character experiences

Heyo. New to this forum, but a regular over on WDW Reddit.

About me:

Name's Randall, 33yr old dude who is still convinced he's 23. Serious Peter Pan syndrome. I live 2 hours away from Disney and go pretty much every other weekend. I usually come down Saturday afternoon, stay at a value resort or Wyndham LBV and leave Sunday night (I take Fridays off as often as work allows for those coveted three day weekend park trips, like this upcoming one!)

Since I'm there so often, almost always solo, thought I might try and corral up some people on here who'd want to meet up occasionally if local.

Most times I'll have one nice table service meal and snack the rest of the trip, also would love some dining company, and drinking company if you're up for it! I can usually be found at Rose & Crown Pub throughout my trip, and Jelly Rolls on my Saturday nights. I drink around the world as a hobby.

I'm just as eager to jump on Tower of Terror as I am Small World. No ride is too childish for me, and no coaster too intense. I love character meet and greets as well, and have visited Ariel far too many times to count.

So if I sound like someone you'd like to either chill at the bar with or terrorize all four parks in one day with, I'm game!

Hey Randall. By any chance are you planning on being in WDW on Halloween weekend? It looks like that is when I am planning my solo trip and you style of Disney-ing sounds right up my alley. If you are going that weekend and wanna meet up let me know.

Hey Randall. By any chance are you planning on being in WDW on Halloween weekend? It looks like that is when I am planning my solo trip and you style of Disney-ing sounds right up my alley. If you are going that weekend and wanna meet up let me know.

Unfortunately I'm only able to go every other weekend, and that's one where I'm not able to make it down.

After finding this thread and reading most of the posts on here, I figured I'd make an account and add my two cent to this as well (this is a pretty awesome idea).

A short bio about myself:

My name is Steve I'm 30 years old, I live in New York, I have no children, I'm single, and I'm a Disneyholic. Me and my now ex-wife (as of last year) have gone to Walt Disney World since we started dating and I have to say I love the place (as I'm sure all of you do as well, or why would you be here in the first place?! Lol). I haven't been to Walt Disney World in almost two years now and I believe I am fiending pretty hard for it.

I'm actually thinking of taking my first solo trip in a less than three weeks. Kind of on a whim idea. I bought a new car and before I store it for the winter I just want to drive. I figure what better place to drive than the happiest place on Earth. Been thinking about taking a trip for awhile now and I got the idea for WDW earlier today. Why not, right?

My travel style is pretty fast paced. I try to make the absolute most of the time I have to spend in the parks. Usually we would go for 5 day trips and try to go to each park at least twice.

My trip finances have always been try to go on a budget (moderate for a few years then just value because it's just somewhere to sleep, right?). Now that I am planning on going solo I guess sky is the limit. Ha ha great perk on being single. Lol.

Planned or laid back? All of my trips have been planned out and I enjoy sticking to a schedule (goes hand in hand with maximizing the fun to time ratio there) although I'm not one to complain about sitting in the carousel of progress for a few rotations. Lol.

Usually while at WDW I'm up quite early (I'm a morning person in general) also I enjoy staying at whatever park has the extended magic hours so I don't mind stay out late watching the fireworks and riding whatever rides I can in the dark!

Favorite park(s)? Can that even really be an honest question? Lol. Above all I'd say the Magic Kingdom.

Leader or follower? For the most part in all my trips there I was the follower, my ex loved to plan every aspect of the trip (with some input from myself) so for my solo trip I'm going to break the norm and "plan" my trip lol. I don't mind following at Disney as long as I'm doing something at Disney.

1.Rides (haunted mansion and dinosaur).
2.Food ( recently found out I love dole whip).
3.Shopping (I love roaming around downtown Disney).
4.Character experiences (gotta get some funny pictures when lines are short).
5.Tours (I've been on a few of them. I don't mind seeing what makes WDW spin).
6.Downtime (gotta sleep at least a few hours, right?).

Time of the year? I went one time durning the summer... I'm not the biggest fan intense heat. So I now choose to go fall time (September to November). Although I do like it there quite a bit during Christmas time.

So to really finish this up, it's a rough draft on how I feel about Disney. What it really comes down to is, I got a fever and the only prescription is, more Disney! Ha ha.

Ah when are you going? I wish I could make it to Disney more! First trip in 7 years and first solo Disney... little nervous about it but hoping to meet up with people.... no luck so far :(

Name:Nikita

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Because I've actually been to Disney quite a few times, I can either travel fast paced or slowly. As long as I'm in Disney world it doesn't matter to me.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I've done all levels of hotels, and usually save for an entire year. It depends what kind of trip I want to have. If I'm more about relaxing, I'll splurge on a Deluxe, but if I'm going to be on the go, I'll do a value or mod. Lately I've been stay in value/mods because I do a cruise right after the parks!

Planned or laid back trip: Planning is actually one of the funnest things I enjoy about vacation. I'm a details person. However, I don't mind winging it because... I'm in Disney!! I don't mind at all.

Morning or night person: Both! I can sleep when I'm home, haha.

Favorite parks: Love all of them but EPCOT is my favorite!

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I like to plan, meaning I like to lead, but I've been a follower before, many times, and I'm okay with that! Once again... as long as I am in Disney I do not care what I'm doing!

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Food
2. Rides
3. Down Time
4. Character Experiences
5. Shopping
6. Tours

Honestly... I just winged this.. They can go in either order, I do not mind. Although, Food would have to stay on top.

What time of year do you most like to travel: I usually travel end of August through early September! It's off season and kids are rushing back to school. But I have been in October, and am planning to go in may 2016!

I'd really love to meet someone girlfriends, someone I can be excited about Disney with! I'm not really in the dating frame of mind, so I am happy that a thread like this exists! I'll be celebrating my 21st birthday in May 2016! If anyone wants to join, please do! haha.

Name: Jessica

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): It depends on the day! I go to Disney at least once a year so usually it's moderate but I've been known to be a little fast paced here and there :)

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I prefer to stay in Deluxe resorts but for my upcoming December solo trip I will be staying at Coronado Springs.

Planned or laid back trip: Planning! I'm a total planner and even though it doesn't always pan out the way I've imagined n my head I still enjoy every minute!

Morning or night person: Both-I don't get much sleep at Disney lol

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom. That park IS Disney to me. I always go there on my first and last days.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Since I'm naturally a planner I'm more of a leader but I'm ok with someone else taking the lead.

1. Rides
2. Shopping
3. Food
4. Downtime
5. Character Experiences
6. Tours

I would love to meet some new Disney friends! Most of my friends aren't really into Disney and think I'm nuts ;) I will also be solo in early December if anyone wants to meet up!

Name: Jessica

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): It depends on the day! I go to Disney at least once a year so usually it's moderate but I've been known to be a little fast paced here and there :)

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I prefer to stay in Deluxe resorts but for my upcoming December solo trip I will be staying at Coronado Springs.

Planned or laid back trip: Planning! I'm a total planner and even though it doesn't always pan out the way I've imagined n my head I still enjoy every minute!

Morning or night person: Both-I don't get much sleep at Disney lol

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom. That park IS Disney to me. I always go there on my first and last days.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Since I'm naturally a planner I'm more of a leader but I'm ok with someone else taking the lead.

1. Rides
2. Shopping
3. Food
4. Downtime
5. Character Experiences
6. Tours

I would love to meet some new Disney friends! Most of my friends aren't really into Disney and think I'm nuts ;) I will also be solo in early December if anyone wants to meet up!

We're in neighboring states! I totally don't think you're nuts, I think it's awesome that you are doing a solo trip! I really want to do one of those!
Too bad your trip isn't in May :(

We're in neighboring states! I totally don't think you're nuts, I think it's awesome that you are doing a solo trip! I really want to do one of those!
Too bad your trip isn't in May :(

Where in MA are you? I'm right over the border in Northern CT :) You should seriously see the looks I get when I tell people I'm going solo-especially since I just back from Disney last month lol

Where in MA are you? I'm right over the border in Northern CT :) You should seriously see the looks I get when I tell people I'm going solo-especially since I just back from Disney last month lol

I am in Southern MA. Near Springfield! I just came from there in August, and a cruise. And I loved it. I always get the "you're going there again" look every time I say I'm going on vacation.

Ha ha! I love to see so many people excited about solo trips to WDW! Everyone is just giving me the "you're going to Disney by yourself" look when I frantically run up to them and practically yell it in their face that I'm going! lol. The biggest problem I'm having with trying out my first solo trip is going to be the sheer addiction of it. I'm going to want to go so often knowing I can pretty much go when I feel the need to take a trip. Boy oh boy. I cannot wait! I went from no countdown to disney to 17 days just like that! :teleport: :earboy2: I really feel there should be (if it's not out there already), a DA (Disneyholics Anonymous?) Thread, where we can help each other cope with this amazing amazing addiction! ha ha!

Ah when are you going? I wish I could make it to Disney more! First trip in 7 years and first solo Disney... little nervous about it but hoping to meet up with people.... no luck so far :(

Hey Kellie if everything goes as planned I should be in WDW sometime on Friday the 30th. Also from everything everyone has posted on this forum, I'd say there is no reason to be nervous about going solo. I'm pretty excited, I feel so grown up planning my very own trip to Disney! :mickeyjum Look at me! I'm an adult now!! ha ha! but for real if you want to meet up on a day and share some magic I could be game for that.

Unfortunately I'm only able to go every other weekend, and that's one where I'm not able to make it down.

It is all good man. I wouldn't want to out your reddit username (ha ha I'm a huge redditor myself, not really a poster tho) but do you post a bunch of stuff on the WDW sub?

Name: Annie

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): It depends on who I'm with...

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): We own DVC at 3 resorts so by default, we stay in deluxe resorts. I have been to Disney multiple times. My husband is Disney'd out so this will be my second solo trip.

Planned or laid back trip: I'm normally a planner...nothing planned for this trip whatsoever! No FPs or ADRs

Morning or night person: i like rope drop, afternoon break, then fireworks

Favorite parks: Animal Kingdom

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Since I've been so many times, I always become the designated leader

1. Rides
2. Shopping
3. Food
4. Downtime
5. Character Experiences
6. Tours

I will be at WDW Nov 10-15 if anyone wants to meet up. We could even do the MVMCP fireworks from the TOTWL at Bay Lake Towers one night. I decided to make this impromptu trip to see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights one last time! Unfortunately, since it's last minute, I'm staying at a different resort each night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter