Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Hey Kellie if everything goes as planned I should be in WDW sometime on Friday the 30th. Also from everything everyone has posted on this forum, I'd say there is no reason to be nervous about going solo. I'm pretty excited, I feel so grown up planning my very own trip to Disney! :mickeyjum Look at me! I'm an adult now!! ha ha! but for real if you want to meet up on a day and share some magic I could be game for that.

Haha I can totally meet up... Ill be doing Epcot on the 30th if you did want to meet! I am excited and nervous! I will definitely be fine once I fly and then check into the hotel. or at least after being in the park for a bit :) haha

It is all good man. I wouldn't want to out your reddit username (ha ha I'm a huge redditor myself, not really a poster tho) but do you post a bunch of stuff on the WDW sub?

I use the same handle across most anything I post/do, so yeah, that's me!

A bit about you: I'm 28 years old with no kids or pets and just moved to Jacksonville Florida with my DH. I work in Human Resources. DH is not a Disney fan and I really want to find some friends to go to Disney (...and maybe even universal :p) with. I really like going to special events too!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I like to take my time and see everything. But I can also do fast paced too. Because I live so close now, I feel like I don't have to see everything at one time.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I'm a mixture of all 3. I love staying on property at the moderate resorts. Even though it isn't "Disney" I've stayed at shades of green and I love it. I would love to stay at some of the deluxe hotels one day :love:

Planned or laid back trip: I like to plan initially, but I usually just end up going with the flow

Morning or night person: At Disney I'm both! I don't need any sleep when I'm there because I'm so excited! I do like to have my mid afternoon nap/pool relaxation time when I'm there though haha!

Favorite parks: I like the parks in this order: MK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, AK

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm flexible and just go with the flow...

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:

Food
Rides
Shopping
Character experiences
Down time
Tours

A bit about you: I'm 28 years old with no kids or pets and just moved to Jacksonville Florida with my DH. I work in Human Resources. DH is not a Disney fan and I really want to find some friends to go to Disney (...and maybe even universal :p) with. I really like going to special events too!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I like to take my time and see everything. But I can also do fast paced too. Because I live so close now, I feel like I don't have to see everything at one time.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I'm a mixture of all 3. I love staying on property at the moderate resorts. Even though it isn't "Disney" I've stayed at shades of green and I love it. I would love to stay at some of the deluxe hotels one day :love:

Planned or laid back trip: I like to plan initially, but I usually just end up going with the flow

Morning or night person: At Disney I'm both! I don't need any sleep when I'm there because I'm so excited! I do like to have my mid afternoon nap/pool relaxation time when I'm there though haha!

Favorite parks: I like the parks in this order: MK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, AK

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm flexible and just go with the flow...

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:

Food
Rides
Shopping
Character experiences
Down time
Tours

Jax here too and in Disney all the time. Unlikely your DH would be cool travelling/staying with a single dude though. lol

Hi everyone...I just found this site and thread. Thanks to all that make this happen.
I'm hoping to go to WDW November 21-26. I'd like to see if anyone is interested in going during that time.

Name: Misty

Age/Kids/Job: 40, 17 and 11 year old sons, RN-medically retired though

Where/When I want to go: WDW
November 21-26 2015

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I've only been to WDW twice. 25 years ago, and last June. My sons were with me in June, and they are late starters, so things had to be fast paced so they could get to everything. I wouldn't mind slowing it down a bit.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Moderate/budget

Planned or laid back trip: Both...some planning is required to have a laid back trip :) I love to plan and talk about plans!

Morning or night person: Both! I've never seen rope drop (pokey kids). I'd love to do rope drop, break at the hotel, then stay until closing.

Favorite parks: MK, EP, HS, AK-I really didn't spend much time at AK though. It was brutally hot in June, but AK seemed exceptionally suffocating compared to the other parks.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm comfortable in either role.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: 1. Rides, 2. Food, 3. Down time, 4. Shopping, 5. Character Experiences, I've never been on any Disney tours.

I'm glad to see this thread still going! Well as I previously posted I should be in WDW right now but (long story short) work kind of got things mixed up so my trip got postponed until my birthday...which I think I'm ok with :earsboy:. So I will be in WDW from November 14-19 if anyone wants to get a little Disney weird!

I would be interested in this too. My DH works out of town a lot and would love new girlfriends to hang with especially at Disney! I'm not employed and would be free to go anytime. I'm always up for new things to do and see at Disney.

I will be making a quick trip November 17th and 18th if anyone wants to hit some rides or enjoy some Christmas decorations. The purpose of this trip was to see the lights one last time and I found airfare I could not pass up and an ap burning in my pocket! Let me know!

Haha I can totally meet up... Ill be doing Epcot on the 30th if you did want to meet! I am excited and nervous! I will definitely be fine once I fly and then check into the hotel. or at least after being in the park for a bit :) haha

Hey Kellie! How did your solo trip end up going?! I hope you had a total blast!

I will be making a quick trip November 17th and 18th if anyone wants to hit some rides or enjoy some Christmas decorations. The purpose of this trip was to see the lights one last time and I found airfare I could not pass up and an ap burning in my pocket! Let me know!

I will be rocking my solo WDW trip during those days, I'm pretty excited to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (my first time ever seeing it!):rainbow: I will be in WDW until the 18th (my birthday actually!):bday:, so if you wanted to meet up and catch some lights or rides or anything really, I would be more than happy to share some Disney magic! :tink:

I will be rocking my solo WDW trip during those days, I'm pretty excited to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (my first time ever seeing it!):rainbow: I will be in WDW until the 18th (my birthday actually!):bday:, so if you wanted to meet up and catch some lights or rides or anything really, I would be more than happy to share some Disney magic! :tink:
Awesome! I am throwing around the idea of attending the christmas party on the 17th since Hollywood Studios is closing early therefore the lights would be a no go that night. I cannot wait to see get into the Disney holiday mood! I do not have too many plans for this quick trip so I am pretty flexible. Happy early Birthday by the way!

Awesome! I am throwing around the idea of attending the christmas party on the 17th since Hollywood Studios is closing early therefore the lights would be a no go that night. I cannot wait to see get into the Disney holiday mood! I do not have too many plans for this quick trip so I am pretty flexible. Happy early Birthday by the way!

Ha ha thank you for the bday wishes! As of right now I do not have a day planned for it but I did want to go to the Christmas party as well. I don't have a whole lot planned for the 17th either so I'd be up for going to the Christmas party and watching it snow in the Magic Kingdom that night :cold:

I cannot wait to see all the decorations either! I'm so excited, I'm driving from New York lol the anticipation of driving there is gonna kill me! ha ha but I'm pretty sure once I'm there it'll be worth it!

I will be in Disney the week of Dec 13-19. I am hoping to find someone to spend some time with, preferable female, single and near my age (25-35 preferred). I know it sounds like a personal ad (I'm not looking for a long term relationship though - I just think it would be strange to hang out with a guy I don't know). But if anyone will be there at that time and wants to meet and perhaps do some rides, meals etc, let me know.

Ha ha thank you for the bday wishes! As of right now I do not have a day planned for it but I did want to go to the Christmas party as well. I don't have a whole lot planned for the 17th either so I'd be up for going to the Christmas party and watching it snow in the Magic Kingdom that night :cold:

I cannot wait to see all the decorations either! I'm so excited, I'm driving from New York lol the anticipation of driving there is gonna kill me! ha ha but I'm pretty sure once I'm there it'll be worth it!
Hope you made it to wdw safe! I cannot wait to arrive tomorrow and get into holiday mode. I'm going to bite the bullet and attend the Christmas party to get more into the Christmas spirit. I hope your trip has been magical so far. Feel free to pm me if you want to meet up at magic kingdom!

Howd your trip end up going or is it going? Been able to meet a lot of people off of here yet?
I haven't met too many people off of this site but I've had some amazing luck with the app called meetup (it has tons of Disney meetups) and just talking to people in general. It would seem when I am on my own I am a very out going person. Ha ha. Right now I am sitting in finding nemo the musical and I can't even count how many people from around the world I have met. On the flip side of all this I'm thrilled your trip went so well with very few problems! Solo might be the way to go from now on. Ha ha. :)

Hope you made it to wdw safe! I cannot wait to arrive tomorrow and get into holiday mode. I'm going to bite the bullet and attend the Christmas party to get more into the Christmas spirit. I hope your trip has been magical so far. Feel free to pm me if you want to meet up at magic kingdom!

Ha ha awesome! I believe I am totally in. I just hit my 10 message minimum to be able to send PMs so as soon as it goes thru I'll send you one. :)

I haven't met too many people off of this site but I've had some amazing luck with the app called meetup (it has tons of Disney meetups) and just talking to people in general. It would seem when I am on my own I am a very out going person. Ha ha. Right now I am sitting in finding nemo the musical and I can't even count how many people from around the world I have met. On the flip side of all this I'm thrilled your trip went so well with very few problems! Solo might be the way to go from now on. Ha ha. :)

Haha... not going to argue there! Solo definitely was well worth it. I met so many too! Had a lot from out of state and a lot of people from England too. Well worth it and will totally go again by myself or at least meet up with people again! I will have to keep that app in mind though for next time! Im jealous! ... but that may because its like 80 or so there and its 50s and raining here :( Already ready to be back in Orlando! Glad your trip has turned out well too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter