Friends seeking travel friends thread!

ebtbmom

DIS Veteran
So I'm recently separated (middle of Feb) and I'd love to make some new female friends that love Disney!

I've seen the singles seeking singles thread, but I'm not interested in looking for a romantic relationship yet (maybe ever lol!) but having some new girlfriends, maybe to do Disney with, would be awesome. If y'all are like me my "real life" friends are all married with little kids and don't care about Disney.

What do you think? Would this be a good idea here or is it lame? I realize we're all over the country but you never know, you might meet your Disney BFF!

I don't think its a lame idea at all! Sometimes people aren't looking for a romantic relationship (not interested, already married, etc) and just want someone who shares their love of Disney. Maybe you find the perfect travel partner match! You could have questions like:

A bit about you:
What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced):
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury):
Planned or laid back trip:
Morning or night person:
Favorite parks:
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse):
Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:

I'm sure other posters can think of other great questions to find your friend "match."

I don't think its a lame idea either! I'm always up for metting new people! I'm getting to the age where my friends are staring to settle down, and no one seems to want to travel. But even if its ust to chat i' up for meeting new people! :)

I don't think it's lame at all. I'm recently single again after a 2+ year relationship with the guy who introduced me to WDW as an adult and made me fall in love with it. When our relationship ended I wasn't sure I would still love Disney as much and couldn't even watch the DIS podcast. Everything Disney was just such a big part of us. But I slowly was able to start watching the podcast again and realized that my love for Disney and WDW went beyond our relationship and that I couldn't let that go. I may be more obsessed now than ever. Ha. I'm actually seriously planning to move to the Orlando area next year even. Being 35 and single again...why not? I might as well take advantage of this part of God's plan for me and live somewhere I can truly have fun and embrace being single. I'm really independent and adventurous so I'm fine with going places by myself, but it would be fun to meet some other Disney lovers to hang out in the parks with sometimes.

I think it's a great idea to have an easier way to connect with others and it not be about anything more than friendship. I see lots of posts on the boards of people looking for someone to meet up in the parks, but it is usually guys looking for women. Or so it seems.

So..great idea and I will be following along. I'm hoping to hit the parks solo for a few days in late July. I haven't been since Dec/2013 and I really need a fix! Plus I want to do some research on places I might want to live. I'm going in early December for DISapalooza and have a trip planned for February with a friend for the Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend.

I'm trying to plan a trip for the end of September/ early October, but its still up in the air right now. I really wantt o g down for Dapper Day ;), wich is going to be at the begiing of October. But also lookin for ward to the food and wine festival, and seeing all the Halloween decorations. I always went down april/mayas a child, and the last 2 trips have been during Christmas time. So it would be neat to see it a little differnent. :) Yeah! Bamacmac do what makes you happy! I recently got out of an almost 2 year relationship recently too, and thought about relocating. I'm still thnking about trying for the CP, but alittle worried about applying being a little older.

Definitely do Halloween and Food and Wine if you can! I'm not the biggest Halloween fan but I LOVED it at WDW. MNSSHP is a must. So fun and amazing parade and fireworks. And Food and Wine is pure awesome.

A lot of people have told me to try to do the CP even now, but I don't think that's the route I want to go. I recently had a current CM tell me it's really easy to get hired. So I'm thinking I may work there for awhile to have that experience. I know I won't make a ton of money but it would be fun! But I do know someone who is much older...late 40's maybe?...who did the CP and loved it!

I'm trying to plan a trip for the end of September/ early October, but its still up in the air right now. I really wantt o g down for Dapper Day ;), wich is going to be at the begiing of October. But also lookin for ward to the food and wine festival, and seeing all the Halloween decorations. I always went down april/mayas a child, and the last 2 trips have been during Christmas time. So it would be neat to see it a little differnent. :) Yeah! Bamacmac do what makes you happy! I recently got out of an almost 2 year relationship recently too, and thought about relocating. I'm still thnking about trying for the CP, but alittle worried about applying being a little older.

I'd love to do Dapper Day, I think the outfits are so adorable although the shoes look painful! The last time I went was this past Oct for food and wine with my now ex (after 12 years of marriage!). We did Party for the Senses, it was amazing and totally worth the money. Me and my son are going back 4 weeks from today! He's fun to go with but doesn't need to go as much as I do :)

The ex never loved Disney anyway, he mostly just tagged along with me. I've done 2 solos and they were great, I don't mind doing things by myself at all but it's also nice to have friends around sometimes.

Glad to see there is some interest in this. I like the idea of the general questions suggested by May1787. Do you guys think I should start a new thread and list out a couple of travel style questions? What kind of things would be important to know? I like all of her suggestions, any others I should add?

This is a fun idea, hopefully I would be welcome to the mix. I am in my late 30's, married but no kids (not going to have any). I have loved Disney for as long as I can remember. All of my female friends have kids and don't really understand the lifestyle of not having kids anymore, which is a little frustrating. And none of my friends really understand my love of Disney either so that is why I like the idea of this thread. I just took my first solo trip in March and it was great. I thought I might be a little lonely but turns out really wasn't. I would like to plan another one for next March too.

And ebtbmom, I don't think you need to start a new thread just start some question going. Maybe some like state where we live, favorite character, favorite attraction, favorite food.....

I think that's an awesome idea. I'm having a huge family trip to WDW this fall, but I think it'll be our last for a long time. My kids are pretty much grown up and have their own schedules. I'm afraid in the future it will be hard to get the group together, which makes me kind of sad. I'm divorced, and my best friend can't figure out what we could even do at Disney World without getting bored . . .so I don't think she wants to take vacation time to even try. I was contemplating a solo F&W trip for 2016 but am open to anything, really.

Also, ebtmom--I love your avatar. Lucille Bluth was such a classy lady. :D

I'd love to do Dapper Day, I think the outfits are so adorable although the shoes look painful! The last time I went was this past Oct for food and wine with my now ex (after 12 years of marriage!). We did Party for the Senses, it was amazing and totally worth the money. Me and my son are going back 4 weeks from today! He's fun to go with but doesn't need to go as much as I do :)

The ex never loved Disney anyway, he mostly just tagged along with me. I've done 2 solos and they were great, I don't mind doing things by myself at all but it's also nice to have friends around sometimes.

Glad to see there is some interest in this. I like the idea of the general questions suggested by May1787. Do you guys think I should start a new thread and list out a couple of travel style questions? What kind of things would be important to know? I like all of her suggestions, any others I should add?

I was going to say that I happened to be at a Dapper Day in March, while on my solo trip, and I didn't know it was supposed to be a Dapper Day. Many of the outfits people wore were so cool. I was impressed, many had a Disney theme too. I was not impressed though when I went to ride the carousel in the evening and found out that was a meeting spot for the Dapper Day people and the line for the carousel was almost all the way to the entrance for Belle's story book thing by the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train!

I think that's an awesome idea. I'm having a huge family trip to WDW this fall, but I think it'll be our last for a long time. My kids are pretty much grown up and have their own schedules. I'm afraid in the future it will be hard to get the group together, which makes me kind of sad. I'm divorced, and my best friend can't figure out what we could even do at Disney World without getting bored . . .so I don't think she wants to take vacation time to even try. I was contemplating a solo F&W trip for 2016 but am open to anything, really.

That is one of the saddest Disney statements I have ever heard/read. I can't imagine being bored at Disney. In fact when I'm "bored" at home I think about Disney.:-)

That is one of the saddest Disney statements I have ever heard/read. I can't imagine being bored at Disney. In fact when I'm "bored" at home I think about Disney.:-)

I know . . . :( I love her dearly, but she thinks I'm insane to like anything Disney at our age.

I do the same at home. :)

OK, changed the title, anyone interested in finding friends to travel to WDW with is welcome! If you think of any questions that would be helpful please add them to your post. Anyone looking for romance can check out the singles seeking singles thread.

A bit about you:

Name:Heather

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I used to go fast but since I visit more frequently now I can do either. If I miss something one trip I'll get it on the next!

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I typically do value or mods, if I'm splitting with others wouldn't mind trying the deluxe!

Planned or laid back trip: I like to plan my trips but I usually don't mind changing things up once I get there. Of course we all know that at least a bit of pre planning is needed for an enjoyable WDW trip!

Morning or night person: I love rope drop. Wish I could sleep in but I'm usually so hyper I wake up early. I can stay out until about 12-1 then I get sleepy.

Favorite parks: Love all of them!

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I like to follow mostly.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-1, Food-3, Tours-4, Characters-6, Shopping-4, Downtime-5

What time of year do you most like to travel: I love to go when it's coolish so Oct-Mar, don't know that I'd enjoy a July/Aug trip.

Attachments

• 10999985_10206391277765056_4867569852559797069_n.jpg
    10999985_10206391277765056_4867569852559797069_n.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Arrested Development is my all time favorite show! I hope to be as great a mom as Lucille ;) I use Lucille lines toward my son all the time and he doesn't even know it teeheehee.

Arrested Development is my all time favorite show! I hope to be as great a mom as Lucille ;) I use Lucille lines toward my son all the time and he doesn't even know it teeheehee.

That's hilarious, though if I remember correctly, she never really cared for GOB. She certainly took care of Buster! :D

Here's my bit:

Name: Natasha

Age/Kids/Job: 48, mom to 3 mostly grown kids (17, 22, and almost 25). on call SLP, mostly working in geriatrics (no set hours, so I can be pretty flexible traveling)

Where/When I want to go: Disneyland--any time w/ a few months notice, WDW-- Food and Wine (2016, 2015 would be iffy financially since we're going as a family right before, winter with first 2 weeks in December being ideal)

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Anything, really. We don't go as often as some people on these boards, but still often enough that I can always hit things next time.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I own at BWV, SSR, and VGC. Would prefer to use my DVC for a trip, but could stay in a mod as well. Not sure I'd want to pay for a deluxe as they seem crazy-expensive to me. The values are likely overrun with little children, and sports groups, who I adore but also somewhat try to avoid when it comes to hotel locations.

Planned or laid back trip: I plan some stuff, but am flexible. For example, on the trip I'm taking my family on this September, I made some ADRs. We aren't married to them, though, and will likely cancel about half. I think you do need some plans ahead of time to have a good time at WDW.

Morning or night person: Either. I used to do rope drop when my kids were little. They're teens/early 20s now, and they outnumber me. Now I make them breakfast mid-morning and we waltz in a little too late in the day for my comfort. I'm really okay with rope drop or not, but ideally, I'd do rope drop, take a break, and then go back at night.

Favorite parks: Favorite park of all time is the red headed stepschild: California Adventure. It has most of my favorites: Tower of Terror, California Screamin, Toy Story Mania . . . okay, that's about it, but I can go on Tower of Terror over and over. Doing this, I learned that the sign will never say less than "13 minutes" for the wait, even if there's no line. That's theming! :-)

My favorite WDW parks are Disney Studios (though I heard it has issues now) and Epcot. I love them all, though.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Either

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-1, Food-2, Tours-5, Characters-6, Shopping-4, Downtime-3.

What time of year do you most like to travel: We have always gone in late Aug/early September due to school schedules, but it's hot and miserable. I would like to go when it's colder--I'd like to see the Christmas decorations at WDW. Also would like to go to Food and Wine (using my BWV points).

Here's my info:

Name: Amy

Age/Kids/Job: 37, no kids (except for 2 furry ones: 2 mini schnauzers), teacher

Where/When I want to go: Everywhere....really especially if it is Disney related. I've done WDW this year, doing DLP for the first time this summer along with Disneyland in California. I would love to go on another Disney cruise.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I can be pretty flexible, but I like to be up early, relax in the afternoon and stay until park close. Get up in the morning and do that all over again.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I usually stay at values or moderates because we aren't in our room a whole lot. But I do enjoy the deluxes as well.

Planned or laid back trip: I am a planner, and think that once I have some plans laid out there can still be spontaneity along the way. I don't every moment planned.

Morning or night person: I like to get up early and get going.

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Disneyland is pretty awesome though. Can I say all of them?!

My favorite WDW parks are : Magic Kingdom and Disneyland

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I prefer to compromise with others so everyone gets to do something important to them.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Downtime
4. Shopping
5. Characters
6. Tours
But they are all great!

What time of year do you most like to travel: Since I'm a teacher I have to do most of my traveling during the summer months or during school breaks.

Here's my info:

Name: Christy

Age/Kids/Job: 35, single, no kids of my own (except for the furry kind, a mini schnauzer also!), nanny to 4 wonderful kids

Where/When I want to go: WDW as often as possible. :) I'm actually planning to move down there summer 2016 so I can go more. In the meantime I am planning on trips in July, December and February. Would love to try a Disney cruise someday. (Never been on a cruise) Would also love to visit DisneyLand someday! (Never been there either) I love the special events at WDW like Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, MNSSHP (and all of the Halloween decorations) and MVMCP (and all of the Christmas decorations).

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I would say moderate, but can go a little faster when necessary and love to slow down some too. So maybe a mix of all 3.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I've stayed on property once, at POR, and loved it. Would love to stay in a luxury but that likely won't ever happen. I'm ok with values and with off property as well.

Planned or laid back trip: I love to plan any kind of trip. WDW trip planning is the most fun thing ever to me. Ha. That being said, if those plans change, that's ok. I agree with others who have said that WDW does require some amount of planning if you want to actually do rides or eat at certain places.

Morning or night person: I can be either. I tend to naturally be more of a night owl, but I can get up and going early if it's for something I love, like WDW. :)

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom and Epcot are tied for 1st for me.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I can do both. I can be a follower if the other person or people have similar interests as me. If I don't like what others are doing I am likely to do my own thing instead of just follow along. I don't mind being the leader.

1. Rides
2. Food
3. Characters
4. Downtime
5. Shopping
6. Tours
But they are all great!

What time of year do you most like to travel: I have been in late April, early September, late October and early December...and the weather those last 2 times mentioned was amazing. It was pretty great in April too. September was hot but doable. I strongly prefer the "cooler" months, but can handle whatever.

Last edited:
Here's my info:

Name: Christy

Age/Kids/Job: 35, single, no kids of my own (except for the furry kind, a mini schnauzer also!), nanny to 4 wonderful kids

Where/When I want to go: WDW as often as possible. :) I'm actually planning to move down there summer 2016 so I can go more. In the meantime I am planning on trips in July, December and February. Would love to try a Disney cruise someday. (Never been on a cruise) Would also love to visit DisneyLand someday! (Never been there either) I love the special events at WDW like Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, MNSSHP (and all of the Halloween decorations) and MVMCP (and all of the Christmas decorations).

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I would say moderate, but can go a little faster when necessary and love to slow down some too. So maybe a mix of all 3.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I've stayed on property once, at POR, and loved it. Would love to stay in a luxury but that likely won't ever happen. I'm ok with values and with off property as well.

Planned or laid back trip: I love to plan any kind of trip. WDW trip planning is the most fun thing ever to me. Ha. That being said, if those plans change, that's ok. I agree with others who have said that WDW does require some amount of planning if you want to actually do rides or eat at certain places.

Morning or night person: I can be either. I tend to naturally be more of a night owl, but I can get up and going early if it's for something I love, like WDW. :)

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom and Epcot are tied for 1st for me.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I can do both. I can be a follower if the other person or people have similar interests as me. If I don't like what others are doing I am likely to do my own thing instead of just follow along. I don't mind being the leader.

1. Rides
2. Food
3. Downtime
4. Shopping
5. Characters
6. Tours
But they are all great!

What time of year do you most like to travel: I have been in late April, early September, late October and early December...and the weather those last 2 times mentioned was amazing. It was pretty great in April too. September was hot but doable. I strongly prefer the "cooler" months, but can handle whatever.

Christy, what is your mini schnauzer's name?

I have a girl named Kapono and a boy named Gus. I had another one named Henry and he passed away in January of this year.

Fun! Sorry you lost the one recently. SO hard.

Her name is Izzy! She's black and she turns 7 in 2 days! Hard to believe she is already 7. I've had her since she was 10 weeks.

Filling out m blip. :)

Name: Jaimie

Age/Kids/Job: 27(well for a couple more days anyway :) ), No kids one furry baby Maine Coon cat, I'm a dental hygienist, but i'm also currently working on getting my masters in Education right now

Where/When I want to go: WDW I've ususally gone in April, the weather is really nice, But I really want to go in September/October, the F&W festival has always been something I want to do.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Toss up between moderate ad fast paced..I tend to just go with the flow I start off with a slight plan and then just do whatever comes up. :)

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): The past couple of times I have stayed at Values, when i split the trip with my Dad we usually stay at shades of Green. But i could probably swing a Moderate

Planned or laid back trip: I plan a few things, like what parks which day, but i don't have to stick to it. I usually plan things out a little more when there's events going on like around Christmas time when the Osborne lights/MVMCP/and CP going on, so i can see everything, but other than that I don't tend to plan things out too much.

Morning or night person: Both! :) I like to get up for rope drop or shortly after, I really like nights in the park though its some of my favorite times. :)

Favorite parks: Epcot! and MK

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Either

Rides
Character Experiences
Shopping
tours
Food
Down time
Although i would say that just walking around and experiencing being there would be my #1

What time of year do you most like to travel: Usually around April, (Its really cold up here and if I time i right when i go down, the snow is mostly melted when i get home ;) )

I was going to say that I happened to be at a Dapper Day in March, while on my solo trip, and I didn't know it was supposed to be a Dapper Day. Many of the outfits people wore were so cool. I was impressed, many had a Disney theme too. I was not impressed though when I went to ride the carousel in the evening and found out that was a meeting spot for the Dapper Day people and the line for the carousel was almost all the way to the entrance for Belle's story book thing by the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train!

Ooo no good, I've just always looked at pictures, and it just seems like it would be a lot of fun! thats neat that some people themed their outfits, I plan to Disney bound next trip as much as possible. :)

Love Arrested Development!! Lucille is by far my favorite character, the things she says.. haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter