• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Filling out m blip. :)

Name: Jaimie

Age/Kids/Job: 27(well for a couple more days anyway :) ), No kids one furry baby Maine Coon cat, I'm a dental hygienist, but i'm also currently working on getting my masters in Education right now

Where/When I want to go: WDW I've ususally gone in April, the weather is really nice, But I really want to go in September/October, the F&W festival has always been something I want to do.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Toss up between moderate ad fast paced..I tend to just go with the flow I start off with a slight plan and then just do whatever comes up. :)

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): The past couple of times I have stayed at Values, when i split the trip with my Dad we usually stay at shades of Green. But i could probably swing a Moderate

Planned or laid back trip: I plan a few things, like what parks which day, but i don't have to stick to it. I usually plan things out a little more when there's events going on like around Christmas time when the Osborne lights/MVMCP/and CP going on, so i can see everything, but other than that I don't tend to plan things out too much.

Morning or night person: Both! :) I like to get up for rope drop or shortly after, I really like nights in the park though its some of my favorite times. :)

Favorite parks: Epcot! and MK

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Either

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
Rides
Character Experiences
Shopping
tours
Food
Down time
Although i would say that just walking around and experiencing being there would be my #1

What time of year do you most like to travel: Usually around April, (Its really cold up here and if I time i right when i go down, the snow is mostly melted when i get home ;) )

Ooo no good, I've just always looked at pictures, and it just seems like it would be a lot of fun! thats neat that some people themed their outfits, I plan to Disney bound next trip as much as possible. :)

Love Arrested Development!! Lucille is by far my favorite character, the things she says.. haha

I love that you have a Maine Coon Cat! I recently saw a pic of one of those for the first time and almost didn't think it was real. Are they really that huge?

I love that you have a Maine Coon Cat! I recently saw a pic of one of those for the first time and almost didn't think it was real. Are they really that huge?
He's pretty big, about 22 lbs the last time I checked. He definitely acts more like a little dog though. :)

He's pretty big, about 22 lbs the last time I checked. He definitely acts more like a little dog though. :)

That's funny that he acts like a dog! There was a pic of one going around social media recently that was crazy...the cat had to weigh 50 lbs.

I love this idea! Count me in!!

A bit about me:

Name: Kerry (42 with 2 boys... DS19 & DS9) I am also newly single & ready for some great adventures!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): It depends. When I go with my DS9, it's fast paced/moderate, planned to a "T" while being open to making changes once we're there. I'm taking my first solo trip in November 2015, and I expect it to be slower paced, especially since the focus will be the Food & Wine Festival. So, my travel style varies depending on my company or lack thereof.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I consider myself moderate. I typically stay at POP to save money, but I'll spend more on extras (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Cirque du Soleil, Dessert Parties, etc.).

Planned or laid back trip: I like to plan my trips but I usually don't mind changing things up once I get there. Of course we all know that at least a bit of pre planning is needed for an enjoyable WDW trip! *I kept this statement the same as yours since I'm exactly the same way.*

Morning or night person: I love rope drop too. For whatever reason, I can't sleep past 5am when I'm in Disney. I have an automatic internal Disney alarm clock.

Favorite parks: Love them all, but Epcot is my favorite.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I really enjoy the planning, so I'd consider myself a leader; however, if someone else wants to take the lead, I'm all for following. I was a follower on our last trip in January & I really enjoyed it. But, I also enjoy the planning too. Haha.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-1, Food-2, Tours-4, Characters-3, Shopping-6, Downtime-5

What time of year do you most like to travel: I love to go anytime of year except January, February, July or August. Too many weather related risks with winter travel & too hot in mid summer.

I just booked my first Solo Trip today for November of this year (Free Dining got me), I'll be there November 8th - 11th if anyone will be there at that time & wants to get together.

A bit about you: My name is Anna, I'm 22, and I'm a dog trainer
What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Moderate.
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Budget/moderate
Planned or laid back trip: Either
Morning or night person: Either. I've been at rope drop and I've showed up after 3pm
Favorite parks: MK, EPCOT, AK, MGM
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Total Follower. As long as I can get choice of 1 ride, I'm happy to follow along. Usually I end up finding a love for a new thing I would not have tried otherwise :)
Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: I would rank Rides and Down Time as 1 & 2, and the rest are all equal.

Looks like a lot of people are interested in a Food and Wine meet up!

So where do you all like to eat? Some of my fav places are Cali Grill for the food, and Raglan Road and Biergarten for the shows (and ok food!). Has anyone been to V&A? I really want to check it out one day.

I'm going to Sci Fi and Hollywood and Vine for the Star Wars character meals at the end of May. It'll be my first time at both of these. I'm not expecting too much food wise but it'll be worth it get character pics without the lines!

So where do you all like to eat? Some of my fav places are Cali Grill for the food, and Raglan Road and Biergarten for the shows (and ok food!). Has anyone been to V&A? I really want to check it out one day.

I'm going to Sci Fi and Hollywood and Vine for the Star Wars character meals at the end of May. It'll be my first time at both of these. I'm not expecting too much food wise but it'll be worth it get character pics without the lines!

I've been to Cali Grill once and the food was good, but overpriced. However, it was worth it for the experience and the view. Especially of the fireworks. Never been to Raglan Road but want to. Also would love to try V&A one day. The parents of the kids I keep have been there and said it was phenomenal.

Sounds like those would be fun star wars character meals!

I love Le Cellier. Steak is my favorite thing in the world and I'm so picky about it. I had a perfect ribeye there, with the cheese soup appetizer, creme brûlée for dessert (which I never liked until there!!!) and ice wine. First time having ice wine. YUM. It was available during food and wine too.

Others I like...Liberty Tree Tavern, Via Napoli, Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby, Beaches and Cream...to name a few. Still SO MANY places on property I have never tried!

I like to eat anywhere in Epcot, I'm still exploring new restaurants, but so far my favorites are Chefs de France & Le Cellier. I also like Be Our Guest, Yak & Yeti, Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe & Sci-Fi. New restaurants I'm trying this year are Via Napoli, Kona, H&V & Narcoossee's. Plus a bunch of new QS places too.

I love Sci Fi!! They have great milkshakes & you must try the Warm Glazed Doughnut!! It's the most divine dessert I've ever had on Disney property... YUM!!! Here's the description... Stacked with Cinnamon Apples and topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. **DROOL** Main entrees are ok, I've been warned by a CM there to stay away from the Smoked Turkey Sandwich. :crazy2:

I'm also going the the Hollywood & Vine Star Wars Dinner in June, it'll be my first time there too, I'm really looking forward to it!

As many times as i have been down, I have never gone to a disney TS resturant. I tend to bring in pb&j sandwiches and oranges into the parks, I love earl of sandwich, but thats really the only 'resturant' i have tried. haha I always have seen pictures or resturands like 50s prime time, scifi, crystal palace, ad thought it would be neat to go, but i just never have.

You all are making me hungry with all this food talk! There are so many good places to go, I really like Raglan Road, Biergarten, the cheese empanadas in Mexico, and the California Grill. Lots of other places I would love to go to.

I've been to Cali Grill once and the food was good, but overpriced. However, it was worth it for the experience and the view. Especially of the fireworks. Never been to Raglan Road but want to. Also would love to try V&A one day. The parents of the kids I keep have been there and said it was phenomenal.

Sounds like those would be fun star wars character meals!

I love Le Cellier. Steak is my favorite thing in the world and I'm so picky about it. I had a perfect ribeye there, with the cheese soup appetizer, creme brûlée for dessert (which I never liked until there!!!) and ice wine. First time having ice wine. YUM. It was available during food and wine too.

Others I like...Liberty Tree Tavern, Via Napoli, Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby, Beaches and Cream...to name a few. Still SO MANY places on property I have never tried!

Raglan Road is fun because they have Irish dancers and musicians. The food I had was OK, but I go more for the entertainment than the food. And of course they have some good beers on tap.

I have tried a couple of recipes for the cheese soup at home. There are some youtube videos on how to make it. It usually ends up pretty good, but of course not exact. I think it lacks pixie dust ;)

I like to eat anywhere in Epcot, I'm still exploring new restaurants, but so far my favorites are Chefs de France & Le Cellier. I also like Be Our Guest, Yak & Yeti, Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe & Sci-Fi. New restaurants I'm trying this year are Via Napoli, Kona, H&V & Narcoossee's. Plus a bunch of new QS places too.

I love Sci Fi!! They have great milkshakes & you must try the Warm Glazed Doughnut!! It's the most divine dessert I've ever had on Disney property... YUM!!! Here's the description... Stacked with Cinnamon Apples and topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. **DROOL** Main entrees are ok, I've been warned by a CM there to stay away from the Smoked Turkey Sandwich. :crazy2:

I'm also going the the Hollywood & Vine Star Wars Dinner in June, it'll be my first time there too, I'm really looking forward to it!

That does sound good! If I remember right the Star Wars meal at Sci Fi is a breakfast. I think it's a set menu too, but I wonder if I could still get a shake? I can have a shake at breakfast on vacation right?

As many times as i have been down, I have never gone to a disney TS resturant. I tend to bring in pb&j sandwiches and oranges into the parks, I love earl of sandwich, but thats really the only 'resturant' i have tried. haha I always have seen pictures or resturands like 50s prime time, scifi, crystal palace, ad thought it would be neat to go, but i just never have.

Man Jaimie you're a cheap date! :) We've got to get you to try one of these overpriced restaurants on your next trip.

Hi all! I would love to join in this chat to make some friends.

Name: I am Nicolle...a 30-something teacher from Texas. I am single and travel with friends, family or on my own. It's just me and my little dog.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Any and all...I love a fast paced "see it all" trip but I also love a slow, sit around and take it all in trip...and everything in between.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I tend to sway toward moderate.

Planned or laid back trip: I love the planning aspect of things because I get really excited planning for fun! I used to pack my bag a month before summer camp as a kid :) But I can also go with the flow or travel spur of the moment with no plans at all.

Morning or night person: By nature I'm a night person...my career has forced me to be "on" first thing in the morning so I have adjusted.

Favorite parks: Hollywood Studios and California Adventure.

Are you a leader or a follower: I'm good in either role

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); 1 Rides, 2 food, 5 tours, 3 character experiences, 4 shopping, 6 down time

What time of year do you most like to travel: I love to travel in summer or Christmas break because I have time off work. I love having weeks off at a time so I have plenty of recovery time to get back to normal at home before returning to work

I am visiting Disney with my family this summer for only 2 days. I know it won't be enough time to get in my "must do's" so I am looking for a return trip in Sept. I really want to experience the Food and Wine. I have a reservation in my cart that I keep going back and forth about for a long weekend at the end of Sept...it would be a late birthday/F&W/MNSSHP all rolled in to 1!

Hi all! I would love to join in this chat to make some friends.

Name: I am Nicolle...a 30-something teacher from Texas. I am single and travel with friends, family or on my own. It's just me and my little dog.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Any and all...I love a fast paced "see it all" trip but I also love a slow, sit around and take it all in trip...and everything in between.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I tend to sway toward moderate.

Planned or laid back trip: I love the planning aspect of things because I get really excited planning for fun! I used to pack my bag a month before summer camp as a kid :) But I can also go with the flow or travel spur of the moment with no plans at all.

Morning or night person: By nature I'm a night person...my career has forced me to be "on" first thing in the morning so I have adjusted.

Favorite parks: Hollywood Studios and California Adventure.

Are you a leader or a follower: I'm good in either role

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); 1 Rides, 2 food, 5 tours, 3 character experiences, 4 shopping, 6 down time

What time of year do you most like to travel: I love to travel in summer or Christmas break because I have time off work. I love having weeks off at a time so I have plenty of recovery time to get back to normal at home before returning to work

I am visiting Disney with my family this summer for only 2 days. I know it won't be enough time to get in my "must do's" so I am looking for a return trip in Sept. I really want to experience the Food and Wine. I have a reservation in my cart that I keep going back and forth about for a long weekend at the end of Sept...it would be a late birthday/F&W/MNSSHP all rolled in to 1!

Hello! That long weekend late birthday/F&W/MNSSHP trip sounds awesome! I so loved F&W, love celebrating my birthday at WDW and loved MNSSHP! How fun!

Raglan Road is fun because they have Irish dancers and musicians. The food I had was OK, but I go more for the entertainment than the food. And of course they have some good beers on tap.

I have tried a couple of recipes for the cheese soup at home. There are some youtube videos on how to make it. It usually ends up pretty good, but of course not exact. I think it lacks pixie dust ;)

When I make the cheese soup at home, I always add a little extra cheese, bacon, and beer....that is my pixie dust on the soup! :-)

A bit about you: Angela, married, no children, social worker from Ohio

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I'm more of a go with the flow person, I am not a commando though

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I'm usually prefer deluxes, but if I were going alone I'd totally do a value or moderate

Planned or laid back trip: I love planning the trip, talking about my plans, switching stuff around, but once I get there I'm pretty laid back

Morning or night person: I really like getting there 1st thing in am, leaving after lunch to go swimming or take a nap at hotel, and then going back out early evening

Favorite parks: Epcot is my favorite!! Love it there.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I tend to be a leader

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); 1. Rides, 2. Food, 3. Down time, 4. Shopping, 5. Character experiences, 6. Tours (only because I've never done one)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter