Freebie Thread for the week of 7/16/07

It is frustrating, but they only give out 12 kits a day. Can you imagine the 1000's of people clicking on that link at the same time? I often don't even get the page to load. Today I was lucky -- the bear actually looked for a kit for me! (I didn't win though)

Same here! Friday I could not get onto the page and yesterday the bear looked but could not find anything for me. With all of the people he must get awfully tired of looking!:rotfl:

Same here! Friday I could not get onto the page and yesterday the bear looked but could not find anything for me. With all of the people he must get awfully tired of looking!:rotfl:

I haven't won the undies either!!:mad:

But I did win some Mike and Ike candy!!!:dance3:

But I did win some Mike and Ike candy!!!:dance3:

Me too! After three days of trying!! That Mike and Ike thing drove DD and myself crazy. :rotfl2: My best friend's mom won within the first 10 minutes of trying. I was determined to win that candy. I love Mike and Ike candy.
:banana:

This is a nice program. The kids get to choose from a big selection of free books, all reading levels. I copied the form and sent it home with my students in June so they could all get a free book this summer.

I WISH we had a B&N, my kids have read alot more then 8 books already this summer and to get a treat of a free book from the bookstore would be great.

Me too! After three days of trying!! That Mike and Ike thing drove DD and myself crazy. :rotfl2: My best friend's mom won within the first 10 minutes of trying. I was determined to win that candy. I love Mike and Ike candy.
:banana:

Well, I won after 6 minutes...Don't hate me because I'm lucky.:rotfl2:

Well, I won after 6 minutes...Don't hate me because I'm lucky.:rotfl2:

I have won 5 times now. I have entered my wife and I and a couple of people from the DIS. It usually takes less than 5 mins. My buddy at work has not won yet. Of course I entered one for him.

Tnkbell--
LOVE the hot and bothered shirts! haha- thought they would be the other way around!

Sorry I have been absent this week freaps! The Harry Potter event Friday kept me busy busy planning for DH all week! We ended up working until 2am Friday night! Wes and I dressed up as Draco Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy! We had a great time :)

Wesley does LOVE the soy joy bars! But you guys are right, they are soooo expensive!

I got SOOOO mad at my Target tonight - well, actually, not the Target I usually frequent, but one still in my town. I had 15 Target coupons that I had printed - 2 items I had printed 5 coupons each for, and then the others were 5 different items. I get to the register, and the girl says, "I can only use 5 coupons." I asked if she meant 5 per item or 5 total. She says, "Only 5 Target coupons." By now, she's already rang up about 8-10 items, so I said, "Well, then you might want to stop because I'm not buying these things if I can't use the coupons. Nowhere on these coupons does it say only 5 allowed." "Well, my manager isn't allowing more than 5 per customer," as she's still continuing to ring up items. I again said, "Alright, like I said then, you might want to stop scanning everything because you're only going to have to void it out. I'm not buying this stuff if I can't use the coupons. The other Target where I typically shop has no problems with these coupons at all." With a big heavy sigh, "Well, I'll do it this time but we can't hold up the lines all the time for all of these coupons." I just ignored her comment but almost cracked up laughing when she started scanning the coupons. Not one of them did she have any trouble scanning, but she took FOREVER going through them, like it was the most horrible thing she had ever had to do.

We have two Target stores near us... the "good" Target and the "icky" Target. My last two shopping experiences at the icky Target were so cruddy. The time before last, the cashier wouldn't let me use a Target coupon and a mgf coupon for the same item. When I presented my letter from Corporate and asked for a manager, she claimed to be one...so I asked to speak to another one. She said he would be there in a minute, turned and started ringing other people....leaving me to stand there. Finally when the other manager got there, the two of them started talking (ignoring me).... he READ every single coupon to ensure I was using the correct coupon. Then he preceeded to tell me that "he" doesn't take Target coupons, because they could be copied. What??!!?? I can print two dozen coupons for the same item off the site....using your machines!!! After talking to Target Corporate (apologies and a promise to look into it), I decided to give them one more chance. I went in, filled my buggy, started unloading at the register and the cashier said she could only accept one Target coupon (not one per item....just one), because the coupons might be copies. I politely thanked her for letting me know, asked for my coupons back and walked out. Yes, I left the buggy and the groceries.... I can't see myself going back to that store until they get a new manager or some training....although I did briefly consider taking a roll of scotch tape and printing out several dozen coupons and taping them to the individual food items. I thought that having a group of angry consumers might get better results than just one measely shopper. :rolleyes1

Ginny

:angel:

We have two Target stores near us... the "good" Target and the "icky" Target. My last two shopping experiences at the icky Target were so cruddy. The time before last, the cashier wouldn't let me use a Target coupon and a mgf coupon for the same item. When I presented my letter from Corporate and asked for a manager, she claimed to be one...so I asked to speak to another one. She said he would be there in a minute, turned and started ringing other people....leaving me to stand there. Finally when the other manager got there, the two of them started talking (ignoring me).... he READ every single coupon to ensure I was using the correct coupon. Then he preceeded to tell me that "he" doesn't take Target coupons, because they could be copied. What??!!?? I can print two dozen coupons for the same item off the site....using your machines!!! After talking to Target Corporate (apologies and a promise to look into it), I decided to give them one more chance. I went in, filled my buggy, started unloading at the register and the cashier said she could only accept one Target coupon (not one per item....just one), because the coupons might be copies. I politely thanked her for letting me know, asked for my coupons back and walked out. Yes, I left the buggy and the groceries.... I can't see myself going back to that store until they get a new manager or some training....although I did briefly consider taking a roll of scotch tape and printing out several dozen coupons and taping them to the individual food items. I thought that having a group of angry consumers might get better results than just one measely shopper. :rolleyes1

Ginny

See, now that behavior would just make me have them ring up 1 item at a time. Put it in a bag and ring up another item. Now I am only using 1 coupon :rolleyes1 Who makes up these things :rolleyes:

AARGH!! I won and my computer blocked the pop up screen to enter my info. When I clicked to allow it, it refreshed, and I didn't get to enter my info. SIGH!! Here we go again!

AARGH!! I won and my computer blocked the pop up screen to enter my info. When I clicked to allow it, it refreshed, and I didn't get to enter my info. SIGH!! Here we go again!

SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME !

See, now that behavior would just make me have them ring up 1 item at a time. Put it in a bag and ring up another item. Now I am only using 1 coupon :rolleyes1 Who makes up these things :rolleyes:

Ironically, my cashier suggested something similar. This manager was claiming 5 was all he would take. I had 2 items that I had 5 of each of. She said, "Well, I'll just ring those up separately so you can use all of your coupons." As she's saying that, she picks up a stack of Target coupons, about the size of the stack I had. "See, some people are bringing in a stack like this." I held up my stack and said, "Oh, you mean like this???" :eek: was the look on her face. And not one person was behind me, so it wasn't like I was holding up the line.

The funniest part was the Oscar Mayer stuff. I had already bought a bunch of hot dogs earlier in the week, but figured I'd grab a couple more packs and freeze them. There was not one single Oscar Mayer item in the cooler. I don't know whether they had just got wiped out, or if the nutty manager pulled them off the shelf until the coupon expired.

.although I did briefly consider taking a roll of scotch tape and printing out several dozen coupons and taping them to the individual food items. I thought that having a group of angry consumers might get better results than just one measely shopper. :rolleyes1

Ginny

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I did leave several of the apple juice coupons on the shelf.

Hi guys. I can't find a freebie thread for this week! Am I over looking it, or is there not one yet? Thanks!

If only I'd thought about that.... can you imagine.... 5 transactions of 1 lunchable package.... 2 transactions - each 1 French's mustard..... 1 transaction of Target bread....1 transaction of Target hamburger buns.... ;)

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter