Freebie Thread for the week of 7/16/07

I got SOOOO mad at my Target tonight - well, actually, not the Target I usually frequent, but one still in my town. I had 15 Target coupons that I had printed - 2 items I had printed 5 coupons each for, and then the others were 5 different items. I get to the register, and the girl says, "I can only use 5 coupons." I asked if she meant 5 per item or 5 total. She says, "Only 5 Target coupons." By now, she's already rang up about 8-10 items, so I said, "Well, then you might want to stop because I'm not buying these things if I can't use the coupons. Nowhere on these coupons does it say only 5 allowed." "Well, my manager isn't allowing more than 5 per customer," as she's still continuing to ring up items. I again said, "Alright, like I said then, you might want to stop scanning everything because you're only going to have to void it out. I'm not buying this stuff if I can't use the coupons. The other Target where I typically shop has no problems with these coupons at all." With a big heavy sigh, "Well, I'll do it this time but we can't hold up the lines all the time for all of these coupons." I just ignored her comment but almost cracked up laughing when she started scanning the coupons. Not one of them did she have any trouble scanning, but she took FOREVER going through them, like it was the most horrible thing she had ever had to do.

Someone needs to tip off the military that if they are trying to get information out of someone they could torture them by being a clerk and taking multiple coupons :rotfl2: I swear sometimes these clerks act like you are pulling out there fingernails with tweezers or something. You are doing nothing illegal, usually the item isn't free so you are still paying something, and you are not taking the money out of THEIR pockets. Have you seen the commercials with the hi five helper - well we need a whamo helper that attaches in much the same way but wacks the idiots up the side of the head when they pull this junk!

Never thought of that!:confused3 Has anyone ever used a copied coupon before? I have a color printer so it does print out the coupon in color but I would think black and white would do as long as the bar code scans.

I have used printed coupons before that I printed out in black and white (no color ink) and haven't had any problems. I think if you showed up with more than one of them they might question it, though.

Someone needs to tip off the military that if they are trying to get information out of someone they could torture them by being a clerk and taking multiple coupons :rotfl2: I swear sometimes these clerks act like you are pulling out there fingernails with tweezers or something. You are doing nothing illegal, usually the item isn't free so you are still paying something, and you are not taking the money out of THEIR pockets. Have you seen the commercials with the hi five helper - well we need a whamo helper that attaches in much the same way but wacks the idiots up the side of the head when they pull this junk!

Yeah, I don't think they like me! I always have a ton of coupons, but oh well! When you're buying groceries for 6 you have to save somehow!:confused3

Yeah, I don't think they like me! I always have a ton of coupons, but oh well! When you're buying groceries for 6 you have to save somehow!:confused3

I really don't get what the big deal is. I worked at a grocery store for 3 years, and ringing up coupons was the EASIEST part of the job. It's alot easier to stand there and scan coupons than groceries which have to be bagged. I guess what ticked me off the most was that supposedly the manager just randomly decided he wasn't going to honor more than 5 coupons. Now, I had spent an hour of time shopping, which was about to be wasted because I wasn't buying the items if they weren't going to honor the coupons. If that's their policy, it needs to be printed on the coupon, or at the very least, posted on the door so that customers don't waste their time shopping if they don't plan to honor their own coupons. As the cashier put it when I told her the Target I usually shopped at had never done this, "each store can set their own policy." That's baloney!! Guess I just ventured into the wrong side of town and won't be going back. :rolleyes:

Barnes and Noble is doing a summer reading program. You pick up a form in the store. The child reads 8 books, lists the name, author and favorite part. the parent signs off. then the child brings in the form and gets a free book!

Barnes and Noble is doing a summer reading program. You pick up a form in the store. The child reads 8 books, lists the name, author and favorite part. the parent signs off. then the child brings in the form and gets a free book!

This is a nice program. The kids get to choose from a big selection of free books, all reading levels. I copied the form and sent it home with my students in June so they could all get a free book this summer.

dewiced_coupon.jpg

Good Luck, we won't be home, but I hope someone else can win!!!:thumbsup2

Link: http://www.stopsquirming.com/underaid

:mad: GGGRRRR I WAS there!!
And I tried several times and it said I wasn't a winner.
How do they determine who wins?

I went to the site, clicked on win a kit, then it shows this bear looking for kits for a few minutes, then says sorry you're not a winner we can't find a kit.
HOW do they do that? Especially if they don't even ask for sizes first anyways.

:sad2: oh well, I missed the time yesterday. Today I was sitting here waiting on it and still missed it. Guess that means I should get up off my behind and go do some work while the hubby & kids aren't home and I can get something accomplished.

For those who have never ordered these maps and are looking to either display them or use them for scrapbooking should be aware that they print two parks on one map. Example, Animal Kindom on the front and Epcot on the back.

To get around this we ordered two sets about a week apart. One set using my name and email and the other using my daughters name and email. We had them both shipped to one address and this was ok.

It seems kind of erratic, probably due to demographics. I joined about a month ago and have earned $17 so far. Don't forget to fill out your profiles, you get $ for that too!:goodvibes

I joined but haven't really gotten anything. It's just been a big zero. But I will say that it may be because the first thing they sent me I refused to do and sent them an email explaining that I was not willing to do a survey that asked me what type of bank accounts I had and at which individual bank was each account at. Seemed like that was information that was a little too personal with what other information they already had on me.

Do the surveys get any better?

Never thought of that!:confused3 Has anyone ever used a copied coupon before? I have a color printer so it does print out the coupon in color but I would think black and white would do as long as the bar code scans.

This doesn't always work. Xeroxes are not as "sharp" at imaging as a printer so the scan bar doesn't always come out clear enough to scan. Lots of places will use this as a deterent, making the bar slightly fuzzy, to keep you from using a copy machine. Stores will also use this as an escape clause to deny coupon use.

:mad: GGGRRRR I WAS there!!
And I tried several times and it said I wasn't a winner.
How do they determine who wins?

I went to the site, clicked on win a kit, then it shows this bear looking for kits for a few minutes, then says sorry you're not a winner we can't find a kit.
HOW do they do that? Especially if they don't even ask for sizes first anyways.

:sad2: oh well, I missed the time yesterday. Today I was sitting here waiting on it and still missed it. Guess that means I should get up off my behind and go do some work while the hubby & kids aren't home and I can get something accomplished.

It is frustrating, but they only give out 12 kits a day. Can you imagine the 1000's of people clicking on that link at the same time? I often don't even get the page to load. Today I was lucky -- the bear actually looked for a kit for me! (I didn't win though)

Thanks everyone for the info on copying coupons. I have never done it before, but wanted to know if people ever do it and how it turns out. Now I know-- thanks :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter