Free dining plan in 2007 News

This sounds so cool! Free Dining!! Can anyone help me estemate the cost of 3 adults at Caribbean Beach Resort, preferred room, for a 10 day stay, with 10 day hoppers?? :dance3: :dance3:

I am at BWV right now, and we have not heard about this offer. I checked with the front desk... who in turn checked with the front desk supervisor... and nobody knows of this plan.

It must only be offered at certain resorts.

/Jim

FLYNZ4 said:
I am at BWV right now, and we have not heard about this offer. I checked with the front desk... who in turn checked with the front desk supervisor... and nobody knows of this plan.

/Jim
They have a special desk set up at POR. The desk is "maned" 1-4pm that I remember, sorry don't know the other times. There were VERY few CM's who knew about this program. Call WDW TRAVEL B4 you leave if you are interested. We were told a hand picked team of about 15 out of 1,000 brain stormed the program but ALL should be aware of it. Let us know how you make out :thumbsup2

I was so hoping that the FREE DDP would be offered again! We are on vacation at Disney right now and I checked the DISboards and saw this message. I called and Reservations confirmed it!!! WOOO HOOO! We are going again next year!!!!!

Hi
I thought this was asked before, but I didn't see an answer. I'll be in DW in December and wanted to book 3 rooms for myself and my brothers family for August while I there. Does anyone know if I can make reservations for the package under my name and put the 200 deposit down for each package?? Thanks!
Joan

disnut1149 said:
Hi
I thought this was asked before, but I didn't see an answer. I'll be in DW in December and wanted to book 3 rooms for myself and my brothers family for August while I there. Does anyone know if I can make reservations for the package under my name and put the 200 deposit down for each package?? Thanks!
Joan
I'd like to know too as this year we had 3 families do free dining and had a blast. We are going Dec 3-8 and would love to be able to book 3 rooms too. Even at a minimum two rooms (one under my name and one under my husband's name? Would that work?) would be great. Does anyone know if we can do this?

happypooh said:
I'd like to know too as this year we had 3 families do free dining and had a blast. We are going Dec 3-8 and would love to be able to book 3 rooms too. Even at a minimum two rooms (one under my name and one under my husband's name? Would that work?) would be great. Does anyone know if we can do this?

I wonder if it would work if one of you booked a room for 5 people. Depending on which resort you're booking, they would have to give you two rooms.

mickeyluv'r said:
Not to burst any one's bubble here, but that is still peak hurricane season. Just because there weren't any this year, doesn't mean there won't be any next year.

In the past, Disney did something similar...I want to say it was back around 2003 maybe? The offer they gave us at the time though wasn't anything super fantastic, so we didn't book it. They were offering good general room discounts back then ....

I was at Disneyworld this year from August 23-Sept 4. There WAS a hurricane...Hurricane Ernesto...my husband and I went to MK the day it "hit"...there was no one in the parks and we got to stay on rides like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain over and over until we were too soaked or too dizzy to go on!!! It was the BEST day we had of our whole honeymoon. I say, hurricanes pending or not, it's a great time to go to Disney...just throw on your ponchos and go!!! :sunny: :beach:

We went last year for 10 days, I do hope they make the offer to the general public. I am a Disney Visa holder too. Thanks for the heads up on that.

MissyPrissy said:
I was at Disneyworld this year from August 23-Sept 4. There WAS a hurricane...Hurricane Ernesto...my husband and I went to MK the day it "hit"...there was no one in the parks and we got to stay on rides like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain over and over until we were too soaked or too dizzy to go on!!! It was the BEST day we had of our whole honeymoon. I say, hurricanes pending or not, it's a great time to go to Disney...just throw on your ponchos and go!!! :sunny: :beach:

I was at MGM that day and had much the same experience. However, that was a tropical storm that had lost it's ooomph by the time it hit Orlando. However, Hurricanes are the exception and not the rule in Central Fla. Last year, people panicked based on 2004 and lots of flights were canceled. We actually flew out that evening from MCO, arriving at 4 Pm at the airport and had zero..none...zilch people in line at security.

We go each year in late August and have never had a problem due to weather.

FLYNZ4 said:

/Jim

If you're staying on points I don't think the offer is available to you. Since everything I read it is offered to folks who have booked a resort reservation throught CRO or Disney Travel Company (pretty much if you paid cash). Because everyone who has booked this promotion has had their current reservations checked to make sure they are currently in a Disney resort. I too am a DVC member and have been watching the rules and guidelines and have a hunch this is how it's happening since it's considered a "bounce back" promotion, meaning you paid for a stay now so book and pay for a stay later. Because of this glitch I am booked at Pop prior to moving to the DVC resort for the first night in February....just in case this promotion is extended and available when we arrive on Feb. 3rd. This is just my theory, and have not seen any information confirming my hunch, so continue to wait to see if anyone staying at a DVC on points comes back and says that they were able to book this promotion.

n2mm said:
If you're staying on points I don't think the offer is available to you. Since everything I read it is offered to folks who have booked a resort reservation throught CRO or Disney Travel Company (pretty much if you paid cash). Because everyone who has booked this promotion has had their current reservations checked to make sure they are currently in a Disney resort. I too am a DVC member and have been watching the rules and guidelines and have a hunch this is how it's happening since it's considered a "bounce back" promotion, meaning you paid for a stay now so book and pay for a stay later. Because of this glitch I am booked at Pop prior to moving to the DVC resort for the first night in February....just in case this promotion is extended and available when we arrive on Feb. 3rd. This is just my theory, and have not seen any information confirming my hunch, so continue to wait to see if anyone staying at a DVC on points comes back and says that they were able to book this promotion.

I was at OKW on points two weeks ago when I booked. Things tend to change rapidly with WDW though :confused3 :teeth:

I am subscribing as I am interested in knowing if the All Stars are part of the Free Dining? We were at WDW in August and took advantage of the Free Dining and thought it was great!!! :cool1: Free anything is great at WDW!!!

I did the 180+10 and it worked out just fine!!! We got all the resturants that we wanted and I was really surprised when we got to the various resturants to see that there were quite a few open tables. I had thought that the resturants would have been full to capacity all day and nite long with the Free Dining! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

bonzarella said:
[/B]
I was at OKW on points two weeks ago when I booked. Things tend to change rapidly with WDW though :confused3 :teeth:

That is great news for us. I was hoping someone who stayed on points would post back. I am so relieved now and hope this promotin is extended so I can book when we get there early February. Thanks for letting me/us know!

disgram said:
I am subscribing as I am interested in knowing if the All Stars are part of the Free Dining?
Yes: The free dining promotion was indeed offered at the value resorts, as well as the moderate and deluxe resorts, last year. There is no guarantee that that will be the case again in the offering to American residents, should there be one for 2007, nor is there a guarantee that there will be as much availability allocated as last year, but if things go this coming year the same as this past year, there should be an opportunity to book the free dining promotion at the value resorts this coming year.

OK, I checked out this morning from ASMu. There was no information in the room nor in the lobby. I checked with the desk and they knew nothing so directed me to call CRO - which I did this morning. They indeed knew exactly what I needed and transferred me to a person in Grand Gatherings (I have no idea why as it is a trip for two) who booked Free Dining for me.

Staying Aug 22- Aug 30 at Pop, one day base tix (have AP) and dining $886 . Paid with Disney Visa for 6 months interest free.

Subscribing....

Did FDDP in August at ASMo, ate $1715.00 worth of food for FREE!!
Excited at the prospect of doing it again this summer!!
:cool1:

Would love to go again with free dining at the end of August ,before school starts. :thumbsup2 Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter