• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining plan in 2007 News

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
According to mouseplanet, there will be free dining in 2007 from August 5th to September 29th. I don't think Disney is accepting reservations for this from everyone yet though. Apparently, guests at Disney resorts are getting this special offer in thier resort rooms, but they must book and place a deposit by their checkout date and must be before January 1st, 2007. There is a limited number of rooms.

I leave in 24 days. Now all I have to do is convince DH while we are there. :thumbsup2

I just posted this on the main restaurant board. :goodvibes And my trip is in 23 days, (not counting today,) what day does your trip start? Since I'm solo I have no one to convince but myself. . . done!

I was planning a trip for next fall anyway, just now, I'll get free dining as well. :goodvibes

I keep hoping they will offer it to everyone next year. What does everyone think the chances are? They offered it to the UK, now current people at WDW, don't you think they would open it up to the public after that? I hope so!

Also, what are the rules on that exactly? I was hoping to go next year from Sept 27 - Oct 2. It says the offer is good through Sept 29. Does that mean I would only get it free for 3 days or since my trip starts before the 29th would I get the DDP for the whole time I was there for free?

Thanks for the great news! :banana:

As long as your vacation starts on a date that is offered, you should be fine until you check out, however this was the rule this year, I don't know about 2007. Hope to see you there disneyfav4eva.

As long as you check in by the 29th, you'll have free dining the entire trip. :goodvibes

Would definitely book again for next year, my trip is in a couple weeks, however I am staying off site this time - I tried to switch over for a night or two to onsight but everything was pretyy well booked up.

I think you will see them offer it to Disney Visa Card Holders for a short period before it hits the general public.

I was talking to Disney today planning my August trip and asked about what would happen to my package if free dining was offered. The CM I spoke to say it would be offered and my package would be discounted if I called back when it does come out. She said I would not have to re do my reservations. SO who knows!!!! Hopefully she was right about both!!!!!

Yes it does appear that there is now a pre-booking opportunity for guest staying in select WDW resort by 12/31/06. Hope they don't book everything up. I guess the success to this pilot program will determine whether it is indeed offered to the public, or only offered to guest for return visits. My next trip is early February, so hope the program is extended so that we can book too. All we can do now is hold our breath and wait and see. As for the rules changing, I would never bank on that, as Disney continues to tweak the rules and guidelines every year. Only time will tell. I will use the holidays to determine who all is going with us next August so I know exactly how many rooms to book.

We'll be at POP 12/9-16. :)

Trying to convince DH to book the offer, but so far I've not been successful.

Can't really blame him - our "one & only trip" in 2004 has turned into 3 more trips. :blush:

Hi
We'll be at Pop from 12/10 to 12/15. I'll be booking my reservation for next August while I'm there. I just have to figure out how many of us are going!!! :banana:

mickeysgirl17 said:
According to mouseplanet, there will be free dining in 2007 from August 5th to September 29th. I don't think Disney is accepting reservations for this from everyone yet though. Apparently, guests at Disney resorts are getting this special offer in thier resort rooms, but they must book and place a deposit by their checkout date and must be before January 1st, 2007. There is a limited number of rooms.

I leave in 24 days. Now all I have to do is convince DH while we are there. :thumbsup2

DUDE!!! Your post title stopped me in my tracks hahaha :goodvibes

I am sooooo gonna take a chance and wait until they open it up to everyone before I book for next summer. Thanks for the heads up.

OK, so I moved some things around and was able to book a couple nights at ASMu for Dec 4-6. If offered, I will then book my august Vacation during my stay. Thanks for the heads up!

What a brilliant move by Disney this would be if they could actually get people to book an extra short vacation just so they can qualify for a promotion for a longer vacation later. :)

We just came back from our NJ Week trip and we were given the offer with our receipt at Chef Mickey's after dinner. I called the morning we checked out and booked our trip for next August. We were one of the lucky ones that were able to go during the second week of September this year (school started late due to construction) and there was no one there. In 2007, school will start on time and camp won't end until August 17th so we'll head down that next week.

I know it won't be as empty as September was this year, but hopefully more people will book the week heading into Labor Day and we'll be just before that.

I'm just happy I don't have to worry whether they will (a) offer free dining or (b) I'll find availability at my hotel of choice.

Just got back from POR. The offer was in our room. I'm sure you can be flexible and add more days but the offer was for 5 days - don't know if you can reduce the number of days. The offer in the room also did not include Park Hoppers. I guess you can probably add that too.

We decided to wait to book.

I have a AP so I don't need the ticket for the park, I called yesterday and the CM said she thought I would need a 3 day ticket and it expired if I did not use it.
I called today and the CM called someone doing the program and she told me I would only need to buy a one day ticket.
It is so hard to get correct information when they run special programs.
I called three times for info and all 3 times the CM said they never heard of that program. I think they just make something up sometimes instead of finding someone who knows.
I think that cast member yesterday just searched her computer and made a assumption that I needed a three day ticket.

Hi JANETS,
With the offer you booked, do you happen to remember if you had to purchase park tickets? Would a 1-day ticket qualify or did you have to purchase tickets for the length of your stay? Thank you so much for this great news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter