• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining plan in 2007 News

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is if you do book it right away (we will be there at thanksgiving)?

We didn't get this offer while we were there 9/06, and it looks like we're going back 9/07.
Who do I need to call?

vero said:
does anyone know if there is a maximun days of stay for free dinning plan in 2007? Thanks,VERO.

I think it was 10 this year...but not 100% SURE. Maybe someone can back me up on that??

They usually won't start offering til May or June as I recall right?

Maybe sooner for Disney Visa holders right??

Disney visa members were allowed to book on 4/1/06.
The offer was opened to the public on 4/4/06, according to Mousesavers.

It was 3 nights minimum, 10 nights maximum on 1 reservation.

I'm leaving in 13 days and staying at WL. Think I should try and call now or wait till I get there? :goodvibes

I already have a room at BCV for the last week of August next year :cool1:

frannn said:
We didn't get this offer while we were there 9/06, and it looks like we're going back 9/07.
Who do I need to call?

This offer is only available for guest who are staying at a disney resort from Nov. 8 to Dec. 31. You missed it.

We missed it too. We returned home on October 27th, so missed it by 11 days. Nothing we can do about it unless they start calling guest who recently stayed there, and doubt they'll do that. You are like us and will have to wait it out now until the spring and hope there is some availability left to choose from. At this point, I'm expecting that there may be some availability left at the All Stars Sports and Music, and probably not a standard room left to book at any resort. Probably only king beds available at the moderates if available at all. Hate to sound so negative, but with the resorts at capacity over the next month, that will be alot of bookings. We are going in August and staying at our DVC resort, but was hoping to stay a few days prior with this great promotion. If we don't get it, we may just stay over at Universal for the first few days before moving to the BCV. I'm trying to prepare myself that I'll probably miss out this time around. Ironically, we went to WDW 4 times this year, but the timing just didn't work for us.

What really kills us is that if we wait until the free DDP is announced in April or May, then the restaurant reservations for August will be mostly picked over already!

We are going in August anyhow. So if free dining is offered it will be an added bonus. What we are doing is booking our package and then when my 180 day up, i am booking my reservations. That way if free dining is offered I will all ready have my reservations made.

M-I-C-K-E-Y said:
What really kills us is that if we wait until the free DDP is announced in April or May, then the restaurant reservations for August will be mostly picked over already!

I'm planning to make ADRs based on the places I'll dine IF the plan is offered. If it doesn't pan out, I can always call and cancel.

momto1disneyfan said:
We are going in August anyhow. So if free dining is offered it will be an added bonus. What we are doing is booking our package and then when my 180 day up, i am booking my reservations. That way if free dining is offered I will all ready have my reservations made.

I think that is the smart way to do it.

cinderkelli said:
I keep hoping they will offer it to everyone next year. What does everyone think the chances are? They offered it to the UK, now current people at WDW, don't you think they would open it up to the public after that? I hope so!
I think this promotion makes it pretty much a lock...not that many doubted they'd continue this very successful program. :rolleyes:

They seem to be doing the same with this marketing tool that they're doing with other successful strategies -- expanding the dates. They're doing the same with the Flower & Garden Festival next year, expanding it from 6 weeks to two full months.

Hopefully all of our friends here will heed the lessons of this year and start making those ADR's as soon as their 180 day windows open up.

I guess that my main concern is that you cannot lock in with the 180+10 unless you already have resort reservations. The 180 days will have to suffice, though I'm getting the feeling that those 10 days will really eat up a number of prime dining times. Oh well, I think that we can all agree that eating at either 5PM or 8PM is definitely a small price to pay for free dining! popcorn::

M-I-C-K-E-Y said:
I guess that my main concern is that you cannot lock in with the 180+10 unless you already have resort reservations. The 180 days will have to suffice, though I'm getting the feeling that those 10 days will really eat up a number of prime dining times. Oh well, I think that we can all agree that eating at either 5PM or 8PM is definitely a small price to pay for free dining! popcorn::
I'm not at all sure you're missing anything by missing the +10. I suspect only a fraction of the availability is there at +10. I know when I couldn't get something in the +10 period, the CM told me to just call back at 180 days exactly and I'd get what I wanted...and that did happen.

JimMIA said:
I'm not at all sure you're missing anything by missing the +10. I suspect only a fraction of the availability is there at +10. I know when I couldn't get something in the +10 period, the CM told me to just call back at 180 days exactly and I'd get what I wanted...and that did happen.

Jim,

Excellent news - thanks, you made my evening!

M-I-C-K-E-Y said:

You could book a room. Make your ADRs, then cancel your room.

JimMIA said:
I think this promotion makes it pretty much a lock...not that many doubted they'd continue this very successful program. :rolleyes:
Yes- remember after the first year of free dining- the popular opinion here on the Dis was that you would never see free dining again. I would be willing to bet that this will open up to the gen. public in April. Now that my family incluse 4 adults and 1 child it may be too pricey for us. When we were 2 adults and 3 children (2 years ago) it was an irresistable deal.

I leave Dec 1 and intend to book for late August of next year, 8 nights at either Pop or CSR (not sure yet). I will post what resorts were avialble, etc when I get back.

deltachi8:
Can you ask if they will be selling free dinning for general public next april , please? Thanks,VERO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter