~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

If this is true do you know if I have rooms booked with an AAA discount and Military discount can we also get the free dinning? I will be getting the special military hopper tickets so my reservations were room only.

Thank you for any info!!

Nope. You can only get the Free dining with a MYW pkg. No other discounts can be applied to the offer. So you can either get the AAA/Military discount OR Free Dining, but not both.

If the offer is like the offer last year, which required you to purchase a two day park ticket, you should run the numbers to see what the better deal is. Last year, you could book the free dining pkg with the 2 day MYW ticket and then apply the 2 day ticket to the Military Salute ticket w/ water parks and more added. The military salute ticket alone is less than the cost of a two day MYW ticket, but if you add the water parks and more option it is a couple of dollars more. So you trade the two day base ticket for a 4 day park hoper with 4 entries to wyter parks, Disney Quest, etc. You are unable to use this offer with any other room discount, though.

UGH! I am so annoyed!! We have Art of Animation booked for mid-September and my TA just told me that the entire resort is blacked out for Free Dining. What's up with that??

UGH! I am so annoyed!! We have Art of Animation booked for mid-September and my TA just told me that the entire resort is blacked out for Free Dining. What's up with that??
That stinks! They finally have more rooms for families of 5 or more and now it's not included in FD!:confused3

hold on to your two day ticket for future use.
How long would the 2 day ticket be good for?

When the others upgrade, will it be the same price as it is when they bought it or the price it is when they upgrade? Thanks!

That stinks! They finally have more rooms for families of 5 or more and now it's not included in FD!:confused3

I'm pretty sure it is due to demand at the new resort (they don't need to offer FD to fill the rooms). Just look at the price they are charging for AoA rooms. It must be popular if they can set prices that high versus other Values (or even a 5 person room at POR in the Alligator Bayou section)

Dan

It's a brand new resort and everyone will want to stay there. From what I have read, in the past WDW has blacked discounts for new resorts for the first year. We would like to stay at AOA near the end of the year, but there is no way I am booking there without a discount. I hate it, but we will just wait until next year or whenever they are eligible for free dining.

Stupid question, I know, but what number do you call to book with a Disney Visa card? I don't see it on the website anywhere, and you can't get the free dining doing an on-line booking. :confused3

My email says thru September 27. Do others actually say Sept 29th?

Ok so i have a question i have already booked with a 30% off code is that a better deal or is FD any feed back would be great never have booked striaght throw Disney always booked with AAA but this year they sent me the offer in the mail and it was a better deal then AAA ??? ant hope .....

Ok so i have a question i have already booked with a 30% off code is that a better deal or is FD any feed back would be great never have booked striaght throw Disney always booked with AAA but this year they sent me the offer in the mail and it was a better deal then AAA ??? ant hope .....
Generally, free dining is a better deal, especially if you are staying at a moderate or a value resort. But even if you are staying at a deluxe, free dining should be a bigger discount than a 30% off code. The only time a room discount is better is if you are staying at a deluxe and the room discount is at least 40% off. I would call and have the FD code applied to your reservation, it should save you more money.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Spent almost an hour with Disney, but got free dining at end of August and just had to apply my prior package deposit, made with my Disney Visa. Same room type, same resort!

Just booked!!!!:yay: 9/15-9/19 with free dining with my disney visa. Staying at sports ( we were already planning on sports, my sons choice-basketball section for my basketball star)
Now to wait for MNSSP tickets to go on sale.

Its me again sorry so if i call monday about switching my current reservation to free dining are they going to beable to do it or am i going to have to cancelle everthing and my dining and rebook ????

Depends. In your case since you have 4 people FD can be better if you stay at value or moderate. If you stay at Deluxe, room only is most likely better.
You just have to do some math, figure out what you usually eat, how much you usually spend and go from there.

Its me again sorry so if i call monday about switching my current reservation to free dining are they going to beable to do it or am i going to have to cancelle everthing and my dining and rebook ????

It is cancel and rebook but you do not need to do extra steps, just tell them what you want and they will take care of it. Technical side of it is not important. Just make sure to ask first if they have FD rooms available at the resort you want before they touch your reservation.

One more thing,
Do not know if you know but tips not included in FD, so just keep it in mind.

A quick question. Does anyone know if you check in on September 29th (possibly staying 9 days) would the free dining offer apply to the entire stay? Or does the end of your trip have to be before the 29th?

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter