~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

The price she gave me was $5,200. That included tax, a 4 day Park hopper, and the free dining. No airfare. I thought it should be more like the price you just gave me. But that is not what I got.

Wait, offer is not available for general public yet, maybe she just included paid DP?

The WDW site it back up now, so you can go on there and price out a trip. Just price out 3 family members in one room and 3 family members in another room with tickets - don't add the dining plan and you can get a quote from there. You will have to figure in the upgrade prices which will be $16.65 per adult per night and $3.03 per child per day. Even with the dining upgrade, it should be well below $4,000.00. All-Star Movies and Pop are our favorite value resorts and you will have plenty of room - all levels of Disney resorts are nice, including the values. Also, when you call to book (you can not book connecting rooms on the website) you need to specifically ask for CONNECTING rooms, not adjoining rooms, if you want the door inbetween the rooms. Adjoining rooms just mean next to each other, connecting rooms have the door in between.

Thank you! It was coming up as less online so I called and they fixed it for me!!! :banana: Cale out to 800 less for the moderate!! That was a big difference! Thanks for the advice.

Well that just stunk. Just got off the phone and all but 1 value had NO availbilty. I am not a happy camper:sad2:

Really, it filled up that fast? I'm sure there will be a lot more when it opens to the general public. We booked with the Disney Visa card and got POR this morning. Seems as though there was a lot of availability still.

There is a decent chance they will open up more rooms when it goes to the GP.

Agreed.

Seems its only released for All Star Sports. No FD rooms released for POP, Movies or Music. Possibly they will release those rooms on March 5th when FD goes public.

Pop was available. The suites at the All_star resorts, and the new Art of Animation resort were off limits.

I posted the same question on another thread, hoping someone can answer me :)

We are currently booked Sept 29-Oct 6th at POP. Would it benefit us at all to call and upgrade our resort today to a MOD since we planned to do that once FD was released anyway? That way on Monday all we have to do is have FD applied? Or would it not really make a difference? :confused3

You run the risk of making the change, and then not being able to upgrade if there aren't rooms available at that Mod when they open up FD to the general public.

Dan

Unless all the available rooms have already filled up for the FD offer to Disney Visa holders, this information may help you out: :)

The last two years we’ve gone to Disney with good friends of ours. They have a Disney Visa (I never signed up for one.) I let them know about the FD offer and of course we were all very excited, as we’ve really enjoyed the FD savings and the meals the last two years. (we've paid to upgrade from QS to regular dining)

So… they were able to book our reservation using their card. I guess up to three reservations can be made by one cardholder. So they provided all of our needed info for the reservation and paid our $200 deposit (which we will pay them back). The CM said that the reservation, in all other ways, will be as if I had booked it myself. So the rest of the payment is under my name, our email address, our Disney account, etc… It’s all our names on the reservation.

So… if you have someone with a Disney Visa card that is willing to do this for you, you may be able to book your reservation now.

I checked the Disney website, and sure enough, the new reservation is in the system, just as if I had done it myself! I just need to call and change the card on file to my credit card at some point rather than our friends.

We’re SUPER excited! We’re going back with FD at Port Orleans Riverside! :cool1: :thumbsup2:goodvibes:yay:

Dan

Okay I have a couple of questions about upgrading and sorry if they were already answered! I have been to Disney multiple times with my Family but this is the first time I am booking it myself I want to make sure I do this right!

My DF and I are going to be staying at Poly on Sept 17-23 and we already have deluxe dining plan booked ( we are going on our honeymoon and yes I already know that's a lot of food but we are wanting to take it slow and enjoy ourselves and have nice sit down dinners)

If free dining does become available, can we downgrade to the free dining and then upgrade back to the deluxe to save money?

Also I read something that someone else posted about even if you already have a room booked doesn't mean free dining will be available for everyone, did I read that right? So there is chance we may not be able to get the free dining?

Thank you for all your help and I'm sorry if some of this has already been answered, I just wanted to make sure!

Okay I have a couple of questions about upgrading and sorry if they were already answered! I have been to Disney multiple times with my Family but this is the first time I am booking it myself I want to make sure I do this right!

My DF and I are going to be staying at Poly on Sept 17-23 and we already have deluxe dining plan booked ( we are going on our honeymoon and yes I already know that's a lot of food but we are wanting to take it slow and enjoy ourselves and have nice sit down dinners)

If free dining does become available, can we downgrade to the free dining and then upgrade back to the deluxe to save money?

Also I read something that someone else posted about even if you already have a room booked doesn't mean free dining will be available for everyone, did I read that right? So there is chance we may not be able to get the free dining?

Thank you for all your help and I'm sorry if some of this has already been answered, I just wanted to make sure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

Yes, when it is offered, just call and see if you can change your reservation to the free dining offer with the upgrade from regular dining to deluxe.

However, if a room discount comes around, that may be an even better deal to keep in mind. Room discounts can be more valuable at Deluxes than the free dining offer in many cases since the room prices are so high that the room discount saves more than FD...

...either way, if you can, switch to FD and then if the room discount turns out to be better then switch your reservation to that offer. There is no problem switching your reservation to other offers as long as there are rooms available for the other offer.

Dan

Quick question as well. I'd like to book for 7 nights (3 adults) at Pop and upgrade to deluxe dining. I currently have an AP good until the end of October. Could I buy a smaller ticket for myself and a 5 day ticket for the other 2 adults in our party? Will we still get the "free" dining for 7 nights?

I also have a TIW card that will still be good. Can we use that if we purchase any drinks or extras during our meals for additional savings?

Quick question as well. I'd like to book for 7 nights (3 adults) at Pop and upgrade to deluxe dining. I currently have an AP good until the end of October. Could I buy a smaller ticket for myself and a 5 day ticket for the other 2 adults in our party? Will we still get the "free" dining for 7 nights?

I also have a TIW card that will still be good. Can we use that if we purchase any drinks or extras during our meals for additional savings?

You would need to buy the minimum two day ticket for everyone in the room and then you could upgrade the other two tickets at the parks to the amount of days they need and then hold on to your two day ticket for future use.

You can use you TiW card for any applicable purchase in conjunction with your dining plan credits.

You all need to book the same ticket, with a 2 day minimum. But you can upgrade each ticket individually once you enter the park with them. Don't do it at the resort ahead of entering the park, or you'll pay a little more if ticket prices go up before September (which we all know they will.)

You all need to book the same ticket, with a 2 day minimum. But you can upgrade each ticket individually once you enter the park with them. Don't do it at the resort ahead of entering the park, or you'll pay a little more if ticket prices go up before September (which we all know they will.)

Wonderful! Thank you! I'm going to try to talk my dad into his first trip ever... I think free dining & F&W might help his decision a bit *crossing fingers*

2012 Upgrade from the Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02
$16.65 per adult 10+; $3.03 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

2012 Upgrade from Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$50.53 per adult 10+; $11.50 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

2012 Upgrade from Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$33.98 per adult 10+; $8.77 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

Is it always this high?We did not pay this much last year to upgrade at all!

Is it always this high?We did not pay this much last year to upgrade at all!

All of the dining plans went up in price for 2012 with the exception of the QSDP which stayed the same price but dropped to one snack per guest per night.

All of the dining plans went up in price for 2012 with the exception of the QSDP which stayed the same price but dropped to one snack per guest per night.

that's depressing.. that pretty much just made FD moot for me. I won't pay $1000 to upgrade it..no way.. it was just about $200 per room last year!

on hold now, seems like it is taking forever. Cancelling Disney ressie, if I have to pay for dining anyways I might as well go to dark side. Kids have wanted to do all the non-Disney parks anyways. It is time for a change, so it will feel good cancelling this ressie.

It may be only one voice, but not pleased with the late dining dates so choosing to spend my money elsewhere this year. Besides if we go in 2014 Fantasyland should be finished right?

that's depressing.. that pretty much just made FD moot for me. I won't pay $1000 to upgrade it..no way.. it was just about $200 per room last year!

What plan are you trying to upgrade to (and from), for how many nights, and what is your mix of adults versus kids?

Dan

on hold now, seems like it is taking forever. Cancelling Disney ressie, if I have to pay for dining anyways I might as well go to dark side. Kids have wanted to do all the non-Disney parks anyways. It is time for a change, so it will feel good cancelling this ressie.

It may be only one voice, but not pleased with the late dining dates so choosing to spend my money elsewhere this year. Besides if we go in 2014 Fantasyland should be finished right?

Why are you having to pay for dining anyway? Sorry, I don't understand. late dining dates?

Dan

we'd stay at a value.. 5 adults ( in their eyes) and 2 kids.. that's a HUGE chunk of change for 11 days!

I get a cost to upgrade from QS to regular dining of $888 if staying 10 nights, or $977 if 11 nights. (It is based on number of nights stayed, not days)

Last year,this same upgrade would have been $550 for 10 nights and $605 for 11 nights for the same upgrade.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter