~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

Travel Dates for 2012: August 25 - September 29, 2012
Book By: May 18, 2012

Special Magic Your Way packages with a FREE Disney Dining Plan are available for Disney Visa Rewards cardholders for travel dates August 25 through September 29, 2012. Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive Disney’s Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan. Suites and 3-bedroom villas are not included in this offer. Other resorts or resort categories may not be available. Guests can upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost. The Magic Your Way base ticket can be upgraded with the Park Hopper, Water Parks & More or No Expiration option(s) for an additional fee.

Book now! This package is expected to become available for the general public on Monday, March 5, 2012

This package includes a minimum 3-night accommodations and a minimum 2-day base ticket at full-price in addition to the free dining plan. Other longer lengths of stay are available up to a 14 day maximum. Everyone in party must purchase the same package. A $200 deposit using a Disney Rewards Visa Card will be required. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu. Tickets are for one Theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. The number of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply.

Upgrade Cost:
• Guests staying at our Value Resorts can upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan for less than $20 per adult, per night, and less than $6 per child, per night.

• Guests staying at a Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for less than $38 per adult, per night, and less than $12 per child, per night.

Minimum 3 nights, that is great, thank you.

Do you think the price will drop still? Seems really high...even with the free dinning. I am going in May and the price is no less than what it is in May. I wanted to go one more time before school...so I booked it. But I might cancel. It just seems like they are charging more for the room to make up for the "free" dinning. Wondering if the price will drop as it gets closer?

There are different "seasons" that they base their rack rates on. The rates will not change based on time approaching. They are set rates. What are the details of your trip (hotel, room category, dates)? If you booked everything at rack rate for your May trip, I find it odd that you aren't seeing a savings with this new offer. :confused3

Is it just me or did they announce the Sept FD REALLY early this year? (I thought they announced the Sept discounts in early May of last year?) It makes me hopeful that they will announce any October discount earlier now too...but I would be TOO hopeful! :goodvibes

Travel Dates for 2012: August 25 - September 29, 2012
Book By: May 18, 2012

Special Magic Your Way packages with a FREE Disney Dining Plan are available for Disney Visa Rewards cardholders for travel dates August 25 through September 29, 2012. Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive Disney’s Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan. Suites and 3-bedroom villas are not included in this offer. Other resorts or resort categories may not be available. Guests can upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost. The Magic Your Way base ticket can be upgraded with the Park Hopper, Water Parks & More or No Expiration option(s) for an additional fee.

Book now! This package is expected to become available for the general public on Monday, March 5, 2012

This package includes a minimum 3-night accommodations and a minimum 2-day base ticket at full-price in addition to the free dining plan. Other longer lengths of stay are available up to a 14 day maximum. Everyone in party must purchase the same package. A $200 deposit using a Disney Rewards Visa Card will be required. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu. Tickets are for one Theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. The number of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply.

Upgrade Cost:
• Guests staying at our Value Resorts can upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan for less than $20 per adult, per night, and less than $6 per child, per night.

• Guests staying at a Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for less than $38 per adult, per night, and less than $12 per child, per night.

Is the minimum 2 Day base ticket new? I thought they used to only require 1 day base minimum? (though I haven't been lucky enough to be able to go for free dining in a couple of years!)

I posted the same question on another thread, hoping someone can answer me :)

We are currently booked Sept 29-Oct 6th at POP. Would it benefit us at all to call and upgrade our resort today to a MOD since we planned to do that once FD was released anyway? That way on Monday all we have to do is have FD applied? Or would it not really make a difference? :confused3

Is the minimum 2 Day base ticket new? I thought they used to only require 1 day base minimum? (though I haven't been lucky enough to be able to go for free dining in a couple of years!)

You can still get a 1-day if you are PURCHASING the plan, but to get it free it must be a 2-day.

Seems its only released for All Star Sports. No FD rooms released for POP, Movies or Music. Possibly they will release those rooms on March 5th when FD goes public.

I booked Free dining at All Star Music this morning. 9:48 am There were no preferred rooms available though.

I posted the same question on another thread, hoping someone can answer me :)

We are currently booked Sept 29-Oct 6th at POP. Would it benefit us at all to call and upgrade our resort today to a MOD since we planned to do that once FD was released anyway? That way on Monday all we have to do is have FD applied? Or would it not really make a difference? :confused3

I do not think it will make any difference. Just because you have a room in hotel does not guarantee you to get upgrade for FD. I mean if all rooms for this discount are booked, you will not get in even if you already have room.

I do not think it will make any difference. Just because you have a room in hotel does not guarantee you to get upgrade for FD. I mean if all rooms for this discount are booked, you will not get in even if you already have room.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

There are different "seasons" that they base their rack rates on. The rates will not change based on time approaching. They are set rates. What are the details of your trip (hotel, room category, dates)? If you booked everything at rack rate for your May trip, I find it odd that you aren't seeing a savings with this new offer. :confused3

I am paying about $8000 total including airfare for 6 of us in May. We are staying at the Dolphin. No dining plan so food which will cost us about $1000. (Eating breakfast in, making some lunches on our own and eating at CS and TS for dinner). Plus we bought tickets from UT which saved us a little.
I just booked the POF, which is a moderate..but a disney hotel. So I am assuming that is why the price isn't that different? By the time I add airfare, I am looking at another $8000. Honestly, I am not sure I can afford that. It is a lot and I was hoping that it would be less than that if we returned in an off season. We can't book a Value because she said they are not booking the family suites. We would have to get two adjoining rooms...like we are getting in the POF. The price would be less, but then you only get CS for free and you have to pay for an upgrade to the TS dining plan which makes it pretty much a wash. I was just hoping I could get the second trip down to around $6000 with air. May not be possible. Oh well, it was worth a try...right? Maybe next year...unless hubby gets a work bonus (One can dream. Lol).

does anyone remember what the dining plan upgrade costs? When I booked out online I am WAY off what they quoted me and that is all that is missing...

2012 Upgrade from the Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02
$16.65 per adult 10+; $3.03 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

2012 Upgrade from Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$50.53 per adult 10+; $11.50 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

2012 Upgrade from Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$33.98 per adult 10+; $8.77 per child 3 - 9 (Upgrade cost per day)

Do you think the price will drop still? Seems really high...even with the free dinning. I am going in May and the price is no less than what it is in May. I wanted to go one more time before school...so I booked it. But I might cancel. It just seems like they are charging more for the room to make up for the "free" dinning. Wondering if the price will drop as it gets closer?
The room prices don't change with Free Dining. They are a set price and don't change with the various discount.

I am paying about $8000 total including airfare for 6 of us in May. We are staying at the Dolphin. No dining plan so food which will cost us about $1000. (Eating breakfast in, making some lunches on our own and eating at CS and TS for dinner). Plus we bought tickets from UT which saved us a little.
I just booked the POF, which is a moderate..but a disney hotel. So I am assuming that is why the price isn't that different? By the time I add airfare, I am looking at another $8000. Honestly, I am not sure I can afford that. It is a lot and I was hoping that it would be less than that if we returned in an off season. We can't book a Value because she said they are not booking the family suites. We would have to get two adjoining rooms...like we are getting in the POF. The price would be less, but then you only get CS for free and you have to pay for an upgrade to the TS dining plan which makes it pretty much a wash. I was just hoping I could get the second trip down to around $6000 with air. May not be possible. Oh well, it was worth a try...right? Maybe next year...unless hubby gets a work bonus (One can dream. Lol).
I can't comment on your airfare, but 7 nights at a Disney Value Reosrt with 2 connecting rooms for your family of 6 with 6 day base tickets and free dining would be about $3,500.00.

I can't comment on your airfare, but 7 nights at a Disney Value Reosrt with 2 connecting rooms for your family of 6 with 6 day base tickets and free dining would be about $3,500.00.

The price she gave me was $5,200. That included tax, a 4 day Park hopper, and the free dining. No airfare. I thought it should be more like the price you just gave me. But that is not what I got.

The price she gave me was $5,200. That included tax, a 4 day Park hopper, and the free dining. No airfare. I thought it should be more like the price you just gave me. But that is not what I got.
That can't be right, even if you got 2 connecting rooms at a Moderate. I think the Disney site is still down this morning, but I KNOW $5,200.00 is not the right amount with a free dining discount applied. Do you have a Disney Visa? I would call back and try to talk to another CM and see what you get.

Go on to the website and price out the desired package with your room and tickets needs and that should be the price of a free dining package. Then call them back up and see what they quote you.

Wait you said Value. I was thinking moderate. Sorry. Yea, maybe I should change it. I know she said there was only one Value available and I don't remember which one. I think I need to pay about 560 to upgrade to TS for the week. So that puts me at a little over 4000. Which is about 1000 less than the moderate. So maybe that is worth it. What do you all think of the values? Are the pools nice? How about the rooms? Also are two adjoining rooms good in size? Thank you.

Wait you said Value. I was thinking moderate. Sorry. Yea, maybe I should change it. I know she said there was only one Value available and I don't remember which one. I think I need to pay about 560 to upgrade to TS for the week. So that puts me at a little over 4000. Which is about 1000 less than the moderate. So maybe that is worth it. What do you all think of the values? Are the pools nice? How about the rooms? Also are two adjoining rooms good in size? Thank you.
The WDW site it back up now, so you can go on there and price out a trip. Just price out 3 family members in one room and 3 family members in another room with tickets - don't add the dining plan and you can get a quote from there. You will have to figure in the upgrade prices which will be $16.65 per adult per night and $3.03 per child per day. Even with the dining upgrade, it should be well below $4,000.00. All-Star Movies and Pop are our favorite value resorts and you will have plenty of room - all levels of Disney resorts are nice, including the values. Also, when you call to book (you can not book connecting rooms on the website) you need to specifically ask for CONNECTING rooms, not adjoining rooms, if you want the door inbetween the rooms. Adjoining rooms just mean next to each other, connecting rooms have the door in between.

The price isn't going to drop, all you get is the dining plan free, no discount on the room itself or the tickets. All free dining reservations are for the room at full rack rate.

According to reports the only value resort available at this time is All Star Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter