Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I arrive on a day that falls during the free dining dates offered and stay 2 weeks will I get free dining all 14 days even if some of them fall during a "black out" period? TIA dde03dde03

Yes. The entire trips eligibility only depends on the heck in date.

1) Does the FD ever sell out during the Disney Visa presale? We ive in NZ so cannot get the card.

Not completely. Some dates, resorts, room types may sell out if very few of them were available in the first place.

Can I downgrade to a QS plan from a TS plan? Or use my TS credits at a QS place?

No downgrading but you can use the TS credits for QS.

DH has read somewhere that if the first night of your stay is during the FD period then you get the FD for your whole trip (up to 14 nights) even if the FD deal dates end ie FD is Nov 1-6 and we check in on the 5th for 14 nights.
Can anyone confirm this?

Only the day you check in counts. If that day is within the promotion period, then you have eligiblility for your full stay up to 14 nights. If the check in day is not within the promotion period you are not eligible for the promotion for any part of your stay.

If the check in day is not within the promotion period you are not eligible for the promotion for any part of your stay.

Depending on how far off you are some people prefer to just book a room for the day or two that is outside of the promo window and then book the rest of their stay starting the day FD is available so they can have free dining for that protion.

I'm a little confused. We've never done the dining plan. So, if we book soon, but then free dining gets offered during the time we're booked, can we have the free dining added to our vacation? Or, do we have to purchase the free dining at the same time we book the rooms? Also, what if we booked the rooms through another site, like Expedia?

I'm a little confused. We've never done the dining plan. So, if we book soon, but then free dining gets offered during the time we're booked, can we have the free dining added to our vacation? Or, do we have to purchase the free dining at the same time we book the rooms? Also, what if we booked the rooms through another site, like Expedia?

You can have a discount added to an already booked reservation IF there is availability with the discount. So it's not guaranteed. If they're have 10 rooms available for the FD discount and you're the 11th caller, you won't be able to add it regardless if you're a new booking or already have a room.

Bookings through third parties like Expedia and Orbitz are not eligible for the DP at all, paid or otherwise.

Thanks!

OK--another question. If I was going to gamble on free dining, are there specific resorts that are offered more often than not?

Thanks! OK--another question. If I was going to gamble on free dining, are there specific resorts that are offered more often than not?

Most are offered. Last year had a wrench thrown in with the exclusion of POR, so it's hard to say.

I'd guess you'd be safe at any value aside from LM rooms at AoA, Coronado, and any deluxe excluding 3+ bedroom villas. I'll be interested to see what they do with POR and CBR since they'll both hold 5 in some rooms this year.

Thanks!

OK--another question. If I was going to gamble on free dining, are there specific resorts that are offered more often than not?

Since FD is offered to help fill vacancies it really depends on what resorts need to be filled so it varies from year to year. With that being said, the more popular the resort or the smaller the resort, the more likely FD won't be offered.

Has anyone done the illuminations dessert party? Is it as good as the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party?

Planning a trip for November. We are in hopes of getting free dining again.

We have never done the Tomorrow Land Terrace one, but did Illuminations Dessert Party in November, there were plenty of desserts to choose from and the wine was nice. No seating though.

Is 10 days really the longest ticket I can get? I'm considering a 14 day vacation but when I look at packages 10 days is the longest.

Is 10 days really the longest ticket I can get? I'm considering a 14 day vacation but when I look at packages 10 days is the longest.

Yep, 10 days is the longest unless you get an AP. (I don't think you can get an AP as part of a package, but you can upgrade your ticket after you get there.)

Yep, 10 days is the longest unless you get an AP. (I don't think you can get an AP as part of a package, but you can upgrade your ticket after you get there.)

Darn. Thats ok i guess. Thats 10 addmisions to the main parks. Im going to get the waterpark option added plus we dont do any parks the last day and we are doing MNSSHP & MVMCP so 10 days should still work.

You just answered my main question. I think. We are booked on a standard package no discount, 2 weeks starting June 20th, but holding out hope for even a tiny discount. Discount or not, we are going. I want to upgrade to PAP, but had been wondering how I would do this. Now I know I can upgrade upon arrival.

I think my best option is to wait to upgrade to PAP, once we get there and purchase TIW card once we get there. But that presents another question. We are currently booked with DxDP. I was planning on canceling that and paying OOP for meals using TIW discount, I think we will come out ahead and save more this way. So should I cancel DxDP now, pay OOP for the dinner shows & CRT that we have booked? Then once we get TIW, have them apply the discount at each meal I prepaid?

We have to get PAP's due to needing water parks.

I know it seems like a lot, but it should be an easy transaction. We arrive early on June 20th, and we don't have a park day scheduled until the 21st. I could easily do the changes at guest services at DTD on the 20th before our T-Rex dinner.

You just answered my main question. I think. We are booked on a standard package no discount, 2 weeks starting June 20th, but holding out hope for even a tiny discount. Discount or not, we are going. I want to upgrade to PAP, but had been wondering how I would do this. Now I know I can upgrade upon arrival.

I think my best option is to wait to upgrade to PAP, once we get there and purchase TIW card once we get there. But that presents another question. We are currently booked with DxDP. I was planning on canceling that and paying OOP for meals using TIW discount, I think we will come out ahead and save more this way. So should I cancel DxDP now, pay OOP for the dinner shows & CRT that we have booked? Then once we get TIW, have them apply the discount at each meal I prepaid?

We have to get PAP's due to needing water parks.

I know it seems like a lot, but it should be an easy transaction. We arrive early on June 20th, and we don't have a park day scheduled until the 21st. I could easily do the changes at guest services at DTD on the 20th before our T-Rex dinner.

Yes, just cancel the DXDP now. TIW will definitely be more cost effective - we are big DXDP fans and just used TIW this past trip. Knocked off about $1000 and definitely didn't shy away from ordering what we wanted! We got it at the same GS you're planning on and ate at the same place on our arrival day lmao. It's a good plan!

If you've already got the reservations booked with CRT and dinner shows there's nothing you need to do. The reservations won't cancel or charge your card automatically, but you'll need to let them know when you check in that you've got the TIW card and you're paying cash.

Yes, just cancel the DXDP now. TIW will definitely be more cost effective - we are big DXDP fans and just used TIW this past trip. Knocked off about $1000 and definitely didn't shy away from ordering what we wanted! We got it at the same GS you're planning on and ate at the same place on our arrival day lmao. It's a good plan! If you've already got the reservations booked with CRT and dinner shows there's nothing you need to do. The reservations won't cancel or charge your card automatically, but you'll need to let them know when you check in that you've got the TIW card and you're paying cash.

Thanks aaarcher! Great minds think alike! I'll call today to make the change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter