Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are hoping for free dining in early October. The earliest we can arrive is Oct. 3. We are not booking until we know if we can get free dining. I have a couple questions. What is the best way to be alerted to when the free dining becomes available? I am afraid I will miss the opportunity to book when and if it comes up. Also if I wait for free dining to book will I not be able to get ADR's easily? Is there any way around this? Can I book ADR's if we haven't booked our trip and cancel if there is no free dining?

There's a discounts section on the resorts board that usually has the latest information. Just keep checking there for updates.

we booked Nov. 9-19 2015 and I hope the FD is offered during that time. I looked back at past years and it seems to be around that time so I hope this year is the same

and if we cant get it oh well we will still get the dining plan

Thank you! Some forums get nasty when you post in the wrong section so I get hesitant sometimes haha. I am so happy to have found this one. Wish I had found it before our first trip as there is a lot of info here I wish I had known before hand. But we will be better prepared for this one!

Yes, you'd have to choose the military discount on the room OR free dining. You can't have both. Free dining also requires each person (not the infant) to purchase 2 day tickets or more. That's also something to keep in mind if you're planning on using military tickets.

oh no! I did not know that….We are planning on buying the tickets from the base as they are MUCH cheaper. That is a bummer :(

Yes, you'd have to choose the military discount on the room OR free dining. You can't have both. Free dining also requires each person (not the infant) to purchase 2 day tickets or more. That's also something to keep in mind if you're planning on using military tickets.

oh no! I did not know that….We are planning on buying the tickets from the base as they are MUCH cheaper. That is a bummer :(

In hopes of giving people ideas and creating awareness about some of the additional things to do disney offers i would like to put this out there.

1. What things are must dos on your list?

2. What are you favorite "extras"?

For me some of our must do's are Breakfast at Chef Mickeys (contemporary resort) and hollywood & vine (hollywood studios). Both have tons of Characters that come to your table and awesome buffets.

Our favorite extras, which are must do's as well really, are pirates and pals fireworks voyage & Mickeys not so scary halloween party. This year will be our first time experiencing Mickeys very merry christmas party.

We do almost all the character meals lmao. We'll eat a TS breakfast and dinner and just snack or grab a QS meal for lunch.

MNSSHP is a must, and after last year, the Villains Soiree is now a must for us... which hurts my heart when I think about the price :scared:

Going to DTD and eating dinner there with some shopping is our arrival day tradition.

The BBB and eating in CRT so far have been traditions, but I have no idea if we'll continue as the kids get older.

You'll have to do the math, but there is a way to use military tickets and get free dining.

You book the room you want with free dining and the 2-day BASE ticket. DON'T add any days or options to that ticket; you only want 2 days. Then when you get to Disney, you go to a ticket window and upgrade the ticket to the military salute ticket with both hopper and water parks. This only works if you are planning to use both of these options. The difference in price is $19 per adult and $32 per child (and tax).

This gives you free dining, but you cannot get the military discount on the rooms. So you need to do the math to see which is cheaper for your family: Free dining with upgrade tickets or Military discount room/tickets and pay for dining.

Also if I wait for free dining to book will I not be able to get ADR's easily?

you can make ADRs at 180 days whether you have a reservation or not. you just can't do it all at once on the day that is your 180 day mark, you'd have to do it each day.

You can cancel them if you decide you are not going.

Joining along!
Will be pricing out the savings that free dining would give us, vs. paying out of pocket.
I know you aren't suppose to book unless you know this discount will be offered. But man, it seems so much easier to pay on the trip up until that time, instead of having to come with up with $2500+ in a few months time.

Sigh..:confused3

I know we really want to go, but I also know we really want free dining for our trip :rotfl:

I have a question. I booked already with a package deal for November. Say the Free Dining comes out. We did the 1 TS credit a day dining, I forget the name. I know that you can't get that for free without booking above a value. If free dining does come out, can I just book another package and cancel my one previously?

I have a question. I booked already with a package deal for November. Say the Free Dining comes out. We did the 1 TS credit a day dining, I forget the name. I know that you can't get that for free without booking above a value. If free dining does come out, can I just book another package and cancel my one previously?

Yes, or you can just have it applied to your current reservation if there is availability. If you're at a value you can pay the difference between the free QSDP and DDP for an upgrade. You can also bump up to a mod at that time, but I'd see which way is cheaper. The value with DDP upgrade is cheaper for us than a mod with free DDP.

Yes, or you can just have it applied to your current reservation if there is availability. If you're at a value you can pay the difference between the free QSDP and DDP for an upgrade. You can also bump up to a mod at that time, but I'd see which way is cheaper. The value with DDP upgrade is cheaper for us than a mod with free DDP.

Thank you so much! :)

OK so a couple of questions about free dining:
1) Does the FD ever sell out during the Disney Visa presale? We ive in NZ so cannot get the card.
2) Can I downgrade to a QS plan from a TS plan? Or use my TS credits at a QS place?
3) DH has read somewhere that if the first night of your stay is during the FD period then you get the FD for your whole trip (up to 14 nights) even if the FD deal dates end ie FD is Nov 1-6 and we check in on the 5th for 14 nights.
Can anyone confirm this?

OK so a couple of questions about free dining:
1) Does the FD ever sell out during the Disney Visa presale? We ive in NZ so cannot get the card.
2) Can I downgrade to a QS plan from a TS plan? Or use my TS credits at a QS place?
3) DH has read somewhere that if the first night of your stay is during the FD period then you get the FD for your whole trip (up to 14 nights) even if the FD deal dates end ie FD is Nov 1-6 and we check in on the 5th for 14 nights.
Can anyone confirm this?

1) Don't think so
2) No you cannot downgrade, but you should be able to use TS at QS.
3) DH is correct.

Has anyone ever done pirates league? I see prices but just wondering what prices are like for the extras you can buy and if the portrait is something you can put on photopass.

If I arrive on a day that falls during the free dining dates offered and stay 2 weeks will I get free dining all 14 days even if some of them fall during a "black out" period? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter