Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anyone waiting and hoping for free dining this fall? Here's a list of past offers and when they became available.
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/
Most of the time (although not always) Disney Visa members get advanced opportunity to book a few days before the general public.
Remember, just because you have a reservation at a resort offering FD you do not automatically get it. You must still call and have it added. If you do not plan to book unless you get FD, dont book in hopes of it being offered. Disney only offers it to fill rooms, so if they have enough rooms booked for a resort FD will likely not be offered.
Please feel free to use this forum for ANY questions related to Disney. It is not just limited to FD.
For example, does anyone know if the Villians' Soiree will be offered again this year for MNSSHP?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but no way to know for sure until they announce it.

Nothing on Villains Soiree or any other add-ons to MNSSHP. Honestly, it's too early. Still waiting to hear about packages for Star Wars Weekends in May.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of discount or dining offer is usually given for the Beach Club for Nov. We are going Nov. 1-8/ Thanks everyone

Does anyone have any idea what kind of discount or dining offer is usually given for the Beach Club for Nov. We are going Nov. 1-8/ Thanks everyone

Free dining was offered, the Beach Club was not excluded (no idea how many rooms of each type were actually available and on what dates) and the blackout dates were November 2-November 8. You would have to wait for the offer to see if it will be available for your dates this year though. The blackout week at that time is usually Jersey Week. If that's the week of Election Day then it will be that week.

Thanks That is the week we are going hopefully there will be some kind of a discount.

We just got back from our first trip ever last month. We had missed the free dining plan last year when we booked by a couple weeks :( We are planning our next trip and thinking September. I heard this was "normally" when they have the free dining. Any tips on booking and trying to add it or waiting it out and seeing if the rates go up etc? Also, last time we stayed at a value resort and had the regular dining plan…its my understanding that we would only get the quick service dining plan for a value resort, right? So if we want the regular dining plan with table service meals we would need to stay at a moderate resort this time? Any advice on picking a moderate resort if we need to that is relatively inexpensive for 2 adults, 2 kids and a 2 yr old?
Also, I am new to this board and still pretty new to Disney so sorry in advance if I don't know something obvious or need to post this in another area of the board.

Thanks Babydoll!

Melissa, you can choose a value resort and just pay the difference on the Table service dining plan instead of choosing the quick service. However, sometimes its cheaper to just get a moderate resort where that plan is offered free. For kids I really like the value Resorts. They are colorful and very Disney. Moderate aren't too colorful. They are beautiful and luxurious but not "Disney" fun(if I can describe it like that). We choose the Coronado Springs last year after doing POP the year before that. It was beautiful but the Pop was more Disneyish.
Also, here is a history of when free dining is normally offered and when it normally becomes available. http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

We just got back from our first trip ever last month. We had missed the free dining plan last year when we booked by a couple weeks :( We are planning our next trip and thinking September. I heard this was "normally" when they have the free dining. Any tips on booking and trying to add it or waiting it out and seeing if the rates go up etc? Also, last time we stayed at a value resort and had the regular dining plan…its my understanding that we would only get the quick service dining plan for a value resort, right? So if we want the regular dining plan with table service meals we would need to stay at a moderate resort this time? Any advice on picking a moderate resort if we need to that is relatively inexpensive for 2 adults, 2 kids and a 2 yr old?
Also, I am new to this board and still pretty new to Disney so sorry in advance if I don't know something obvious or need to post this in another area of the board.

You would have several options (or at least COULD have several options, who knows which resorts and which rooms will be included until they come out).
But if you book a value with free quickservice, you can pay to upgrade it...could be less expensive than booking moderate and getting the regular dining.

Or if you do a moderate (and we love moderates) there are many options now for families of 5 (but again, often times certain resorts are excluded). But Caribbean Beach Resort has just started booking for families of five. Two queen beds and a pull-down (twin?) bed...and it is usually included in the free dining plans.

Thank you both. I didnt know you could upgrade the dining plan if you stay in a value resort so that is good information. I will have to see which way is better with paying the upgrade vs. doing a higher room when that time comes. My husband is military so last time they gave us a discount on the room. I wonder if we will lose that discount if we get the free dining and if so which would be the better deal. In december our room was an average of $135 a night with the military rate but I don't remember what the savings was. I guess I will just have to wait and see what they say if and when its released and i can call in.

As far as booking and adding or waiting it out remember that Free Dining is used to fill vacancies, so if everyone were to book with the hopes of adding, there is less chance FD will be offered.

Also remember that your 2 year old eats free at table service meals (not sure about quick service meals). Make sure you tell the waitress or she may use one of your allotments (I have had it happen before).

In regards to whether or not your post belongs here first let me say it doesn't matter how obvious something is to others, if you don't know please don't hesitate to ask. That's what we are here for. And THIS board was created to be used for ANY AND ALLLLLLLL questions someone may have so don't ever feel the need to limit your questions to a specific subject.

My first year I did Animal Kingdom Lodge with Deluxe dining and in order to feel like I was getting my monies worth I did all table service meals, which made it feel like I was in restaurants more then I was out enjoying the parks. The second time I did POR, which isn't as amazing as having animals right outside your window, but since most of your time at the resort is spent sleeping and you get plenty of animals at AK I feel the money saved doing a moderate far outweighs the benifits of spending the money for AKL, and we did the regular dining plan, which was ideal. We did plenty of Character meals and ate at some great restaurants but limited table service meals to 1 a day and it worked out much better.

We also did the Photopass Plus (Now Memory Maker) and I think that was well worth the money just in the free restaurant photos alone (not to mention having the ride photos available for you to get printed at home).

Also, if it makes sense for you, get a Disney Visa. If you dont want it as a credit card you can open an account at Chase and get a Disney Debit card free which has the benefits like a special photo op at Epcot for cardholders only, 10% off at certain stores within the park and advanced offers (like Free-Dining). Plus, if you look around you can usually find an offer for Chase to get money for opening the account (when I did it I think it was $200, but may have even been $300).

Thank you both. I didnt know you could upgrade the dining plan if you stay in a value resort so that is good information. I will have to see which way is better with paying the upgrade vs. doing a higher room when that time comes. My husband is military so last time they gave us a discount on the room. I wonder if we will lose that discount if we get the free dining and if so which would be the better deal. In december our room was an average of $135 a night with the military rate but I don't remember what the savings was. I guess I will just have to wait and see what they say if and when its released and i can call in.

Yes, you'd have to choose the military discount on the room OR free dining. You can't have both. Free dining also requires each person (not the infant) to purchase 2 day tickets or more. That's also something to keep in mind if you're planning on using military tickets.

We are hoping for free dining in early October. The earliest we can arrive is Oct. 3. We are not booking until we know if we can get free dining. I have a couple questions. What is the best way to be alerted to when the free dining becomes available? I am afraid I will miss the opportunity to book when and if it comes up. Also if I wait for free dining to book will I not be able to get ADR's easily? Is there any way around this? Can I book ADR's if we haven't booked our trip and cancel if there is no free dining?

Just keep a look out right here on these boards. Someone will usually leak the offer. It came out the first week of May last year so maybe around that time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter