Free Dining Bounceback Offer....

Madonna3

DIS Veteran
So Disney is giving you Free Dining if you book a bounceback offer, BUT it has so many restrictions it is absolutely terrible, imo. I'd rather have had a hefty room discount and more dates.

Booking Dates: August 1 – October 31, 2016

Valid Travel Dates:
  • May 30 – June 6, 2017
  • June 30 – July 5, 2017
  • August 11 – September 9, 2017
  • December 8 – 20, 2017 (except POR)
Blackout Dates:
  • June 7 – 29, 2017
  • July 6 – August 10, 2017
  • September 10 – December 7, 2017
Excluded Resorts:
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms
  • 3 Bedroom Villas
  • Grand Floridian and Bay Lake Villas
  • All-Star Movies Resort
  • Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Port Orleans Riverside (12/8 – 12/20)
  • Fort Wilderness Campsites
New reservations must include a minimum 3 night stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel with at least a 2 day Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More Ticket. Guests can book the same number of rooms under this offer as there are adults on the current reservation, up to 3 rooms. Stays at a value resort qualify for the Quick Service Dining Plan and stays at a moderate or deluxe resort qualify for the Disney Dining Plan. Booking deadline is 10/31/16 (even though the brochure states 9/30/16).

It's making it seem as if you have this large window between May - December 2017 to visit, but if you look you have:

1 week end of May to beginning of June
1 week end of June to beginning of July, but it does include July 4.
About 5 weeks from the middle of August to about the middle of September
And 2 weeks in the middle of December

Does everyone that stays this year get a bounce back or is it select rooms?
It's typically offered to paying guests (not guests on DVC points) at most resorts. You have to constantly check your email while you're there as the invitation is usually emailed to you before your check out date.

It's typically offered to paying guests (not guests on DVC points) at most resorts. You have to constantly check your email while you're there as the invitation is usually emailed to you before your check out date.
we had seven nights at POR last week (three rooms across our extended family). No one received a bounce back offer.

Does everyone that stays this year get a bounce back or is it select rooms?

You have to constantly check your email while you're there as the invitation is usually emailed to you before your check out date.

we had seven nights at POR last week (three rooms across our extended family). No one received a bounce back offer.

Some kind of bounceback is always available to all resort guests (as long as they are paying with money, not DVC points), but you have to be proactive and call Disney. Don't count on getting a message from them offering it to you- I've never received an email offer, although I was always eligible for the bouncebacks.

The contact info is usually placed within the welcome packet in your resort room- so flip through that & you should find the number to call (from any phone). You can also simply dial 8844 from your resort phone. The key is that you can only book it during the days of your trip, not the day after you get back home. Your last opportunity to book a bounceback offer is the evening of your check-out day.

Although all paying guests are eligible for bouncebacks, that does not mean that all resorts are available to be booked via bouncebacks. For example, you might be staying at the Poly, but not be able to book a bounceback for Poly due to lack of availability, & have to instead choose a different resort to book under your bounceback offer.

Last edited:
Considering POR is excluded from a lot of the offer, that could be why, but I'll tell you from experience, the bounceback offers ALWAYS go to my husband's email address even though we put mine on file.

Can't say I am surprised - its seems the goal here is to focus on making more money per customer than bringing up attendance.

Last quarter "Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger told analysts the company was focusing on raising revenue even at the expense of attendance increases." - from Orlando Sentinel

They also just reported attendance (as everyone was already seen I'm sure) was down 4% again this quarter - and "Still, hotel occupancy and guest spending were up," (also Orlando Sentinel)

You have to be proactive with BB. I wish they'd send an email about it the day before checkout.

They do. At least from my experience. However, my email address is the one we put on file, but it NEVER gets sent to my email address, always to my husband's that is associated with his DME account and he NEVER checks that one.

@Madonna3 - No emails for me, and no reminders/mentions at the front desk. I feel like BB is a "hidden" discount.

It very well may be turning into that. Check the email addresses of all party members that had DME. I found one email in my son's inbox. The others always went to my husband who never put his email anywhere on the reservation, but since he was linked to the reservation and had a DME account they sent him one. My son, same deal.

There are 2 good threads on the resort discount boards talking about this bounceback promo. It is pretty rare to get the offer emailed right now. They did that a few years ago , but there are very few reports of emails now. Most people are finding the offer in the resort info brochures as stated above. Or just calling the number (8844) from their room phone to inquire about the current offer. You never have to wait for an invitation or to receive the offer via email or in your room. If you are currently a Disney resort guest on a paid reservation, you are eligible to book a bounceback offer. Just call!

Can't say I'm sorry that their top priority isn't increasing attendance, though. It's crowded enough.

Disney is not interested in increasing attendance because that means Disney would then have to hire more CM's thereby cutting into their profit.

And although it may appear a positive right now, It seems the next step is to nickel and dime guests, particularly on site guests. That's why Disney is looking into resort fees as well as other items (transportation) as shown in a recent questionnaire to resort guests.

Nothing Disney does is with its guests in mind any longer- its all about the bottom line -sadly.

So Disney is giving you Free Dining if you book a bounceback offer, BUT it has so many restrictions it is absolutely terrible, imo. I'd rather have had a hefty room discount and more dates.

It's making it seem as if you have this large window between May - December 2017 to visit, but if you look you have:

We have booked a bounceback from September to September for the last several years. When I learned that, for the first time, our fall break is not included in the bounceback offer for 2017, I started looking at other options for our fall break. I found a great rate at Portofino Bay Resort at Universal, so I booked seven nights with them. I am excited that I will finally get to do Halloween Horror Nights!

Still undecided about whether to book a bounceback for summer. Summer room rates are higher, and I hate having to buy the park hopper or water park fun and more option. Still, staying in a moderate presents a decent savings if we are going to take a summer trip anyway. It is a nice dilemma to have, I suppose- where to vacation next? :-)

I forgot this in my rant.

I did not get an email about a bounceback. I did however look through the packet of papers in the hotel binder last August at WL and found the bounceback offer although some guests reported not being able to find offer in their binder.

Not sure if still true this year but wdwprep school stated last year that onsite guests could dial x8844 to hear a recording of the current bounce back.

Nothing Disney does is with its guests in mind any longer- its all about the bottom line -sadly.
I disagree. When I lost my cell phone at a dinner show, and Disney later found it and mailed it to my home at their expense, that was not a selfish profit grab on Disney's part.

When I had to cancel a trip and asked if I could possibly get a Disney gift card credit in exchange for the non-refundable MVMCP tickets I had purchased, and instead they kindly & quickly refunded the entire "non-refundable" amount back to my credit card, that was not a selfish profit grab on Disney's part, either.

Both of these examples occurred recently and were simply good customer service, which Disney typically provides. Yes, the prices are high, but they are a corporation required to keep boosting profits for their shareholders. I'm not happy about price increases, and agree they're in some cases excessive, but I wouldn't pay if Disney wasn't still providing me, the customer ("guest"), with good service and a great product. They still are.

Last edited:
I forgot this in my rant.

I did not get an email about a bounceback. I did however look through the packet of papers in the hotel binder last August at WL and found the bounceback offer although some guests reported not being able to find offer in their binder.

Not sure if still true this year but wdwprep school stated last year that onsite guests could dial x8844 to hear a recording of the current bounce back.

Yes, you still call that number from the room phone. There are ongoing threads about the current bounceback offer in the resort board's discount sub- board. There are posts with pictures of the current offer found in he guides in the resort rooms.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-fd-bounceback-is-out.3532329/
Don't know if that link will work from my phone!

We arrive mid October, will this be the same bounce-back offer available then or will there be a new offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter