• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Anonymous (and a whole lot more)

My concern is that since POR is not included that POP will fill up to the point it won't be available for GP. Anyone else worried about this?

Good luck to everyone calling for FD this morning!! Yay...so exciting! I can't take advantage this year :( but I'll be on hold with you guys next year!!!! :)

Really the last day of August ....I wish they would have gone back to the last two weeks of August .... for a party of three adults it saved me alot of money and I spent more My dates are August 15-29 Cant take my kids out of school...oh well Happy for everybody else though... Have a great day

Has anyone gotten through yet? I connected right at 7am (Florida time.) I've been listening to happy Disney music for 59 minutes so far...:hourglass

Now at the 1 hour and 28 minute mark...2nd giant cup of coffee...and still waiting. It is SOOO worth it!:charac2::hourglass

And still waiting...2 hours 3 minutes, 7 cups of coffee, 1 potty break, and counting...

MK 1978 Marching Band Trip - Off Property
EP 1992 Grovesnor
DW 1997 Off Property
DW 2001 Off Property
DW 2008 Off Property
DW Christmas 2010 All Star Music
DW 2013 Port Orlean-Riverside
DW 2014 Coronado Springs - hopefully, if I can ever make it through the Disney reservations line :-)

And still waiting...2 hours 33 minutes, 7 cups of coffee, 1 potty break, and STILL waiting...

Is anyone else on this board this morning?
Do you think I'm on an endless wait for reservations?
Has ANYONE gotten through?
I hate to hang up now and call back!

Just after writing this, they answered!!! Now, 3 hours and 5 minutes later, I have a reservation at Coronado Springs with free dining! For those of you waiting on hold, keep holding - they really do finally answer and they couldn't be nicer!

MK 1978 Marching Band Trip - Off Property
EP 1992 Grovesnor
DW 1997 Off Property
DW 2001 Off Property
DW 2008 Off Property
DW Christmas 2010 All Star Music
DW 2013 Port Orlean-Riverside
DW 2014 Coronado Springs - hopefully, if I can ever make it through the Disney reservations line :-)

Good luck to everyone calling for FD this morning!! Yay...so exciting! I can't take advantage this year :( but I'll be on hold with you guys next year!!!! :)

I'm trying to come up with options now, you know, in case POR is not included next year! ; ) I'd love CBR but someone recently mentioned the refurb being suites now. I'm hoping that doesn't mean yet won't be doing the Murphy beds too. Suites would be a big jump up in price I'm sure.

I have been reading the other FD thread, you know the one for those who are actually going, not just wanting too. :lmao:
Sounds like this morning was a bigger mess than last year. I am dreading what it will be like next year. :rolleyes1

Since nothing is off topic here, has anyone been to Sunset Beach, NC? I thought we were going to the in-laws this summer in PA but DH has decided he would rather meet up with the cousins in Sunset Beach. So now I am trying to find a vacation home and there aren't many left for the first week of July. (DH doesn't believe in planning ahead):sad2:

I have been reading the other FD thread, you know the one for those who are actually going, not just wanting too. :lmao:
Sounds like this morning was a bigger mess than last year. I am dreading what it will be like next year. :rolleyes1

I think it was a bigger mess because they opened the whole year, so even more people are calling than when it just opened for September time frame.

We stayed at CBR last August and really liked it there. My kids are 13 and 10 and really enjoyed it as well. I liked it better than POR.

Just what I wanted to hear. We booked CBR and are excited to stay there, was not a fan of POR. But we loved POFQ. CSR wasn't an option because we utilize the food court too much and not a fan of CSR food court.

Oh dear, I haven't checked over there since first thing. Hope it's not too bad. At first I was jealous (and still happy for them of course) because FD for November was coming out so early. Now, since there is no POR I am SO glad I talked DH into going last year even though I had to change dates when FD came out last year, so late in my planning stages.
I can't help you with your vaca planning. We live in PA and are just planning a Cape May,NJ trip at the end of June and a Hershey Park vaca over Thanksgiving break. That's it for this year. Here's hoping for next fall with FD at Disney for all the rest of us living vicariously today!
Anyone else not going to WDW this year have any fun non- Disney vacations planned?

Oh dear, I haven't checked over there since first thing. Hope it's not too bad. At first I was jealous (and still happy for them of course) because FD for November was coming out so early. Now, since there is no POR I am SO glad I talked DH into going last year even though I had to change dates when FD came out last year, so late in my planning stages. I can't help you with your vaca planning. We live in PA and are just planning a Cape May,NJ trip at the end of June and a Hershey Park vaca over Thanksgiving break. That's it for this year. Here's hoping for next fall with FD at Disney for all the rest of us living vicariously today! Anyone else not going to WDW this year have any fun non- Disney vacations planned?

We are not going to Disney until next year even though I keep pricing this November. Lol
We have a D.C. trip planned for the end of June and then heading south to Hampton, VA to stay with relatives and do Busch and water country. Booked a cabin at the hershey campground for Halloween and our 14th anniversary.

Oh dear, I haven't checked over there since first thing. Hope it's not too bad. At first I was jealous (and still happy for them of course) because FD for November was coming out so early. Now, since there is no POR I am SO glad I talked DH into going last year even though I had to change dates when FD came out last year, so late in my planning stages.
I can't help you with your vaca planning. We live in PA and are just planning a Cape May,NJ trip at the end of June and a Hershey Park vaca over Thanksgiving break. That's it for this year. Here's hoping for next fall with FD at Disney for all the rest of us living vicariously today!
Anyone else not going to WDW this year have any fun non- Disney vacations planned?

I am SO glad we went last year too. This year our week in October is not covered and sis got FD PIN last year that we used it to stay at POFQ.POR would have been our second choice if not for PIN and this year that is excluded this year.

enjoying all the excitement today of people getting FD, but so wish it was us.

Things will be so much easier next trip, will just be looking for 2 rooms at POP with free QSDP. or S/P/D.

need to continue to remind myself that some familes can never afford to go to WDW or have a once in a lifetime trip and we are lucky enough to be able to go every 3-4 years.

Oh dear, I haven't checked over there since first thing. Hope it's not too bad. At first I was jealous (and still happy for them of course) because FD for November was coming out so early. Now, since there is no POR I am SO glad I talked DH into going last year even though I had to change dates when FD came out last year, so late in my planning stages. I can't help you with your vaca planning. We live in PA and are just planning a Cape May,NJ trip at the end of June and a Hershey Park vaca over Thanksgiving break. That's it for this year. Here's hoping for next fall with FD at Disney for all the rest of us living vicariously today! Anyone else not going to WDW this year have any fun non- Disney vacations planned?

I love Cape May at Beach Club so visiting the real deal would be fun!

I called right at 7 (was 4 for me since I am traveling for work now) and after a minute wait we got through. Booked CSR standard and gave up my BB at POFQ. Now that DD is of paying age, it is a much better deal. Still sad to give that up. Will keep watching/checking as we would rather have a preferred room, and IF POR gets added, will consider switching just for something new, or for sure if they have a preferred open.
Happy to have it booked, but with all that considered, ADRs, FP's -- it's just so much! I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation planning!

Caribbean Beach Resort, have you stayed there and what are your thoughts?

We stayed at CBR last August and really liked it. There is a great thread just for CBR that you can get lots of great advice about what building to pick for your family. It's a big resort, but the walking didn't bother us. The buses ran very well. We never had a problem. The pool was lots of fun. A couple of nights we were at the pool and could see the higher fireworks from both EPCOT and MK.

KNovacovschi said:
My concern is that since POR is not included that POP will fill up to the point it won't be available for GP. Anyone else worried about this?

Hopefully not!!! Last year was the first year i knew about the disboards and booked the day of discounts. Every other year, we booked wayyyyyyyy after the first day and had no problems getting a room at pop! Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter