Free Dining Anonymous (and a whole lot more)

black562

DIS Veteran
With Free Dining coming very soon, I decided to break apart my Free Dining threads into two pieces. This one will be for those of us who wish to chat in general terms about free dining "and a whole lot more".

Carry on!!!!

as many times as ive done Disney ive only done the fd once and im not fimilar with what resorts are included? My DH and I are looking at going with his family in august but cant decide on a wk. I obviously would make out better with the FD then the room discount. How do I find out what resorts are included( I do know they fill up quick). We are looking at AoA in a family suite.

as many times as ive done Disney ive only done the fd once and im not fimilar with what resorts are included? My DH and I are looking at going with his family in august but cant decide on a wk. I obviously would make out better with the FD then the room discount. How do I find out what resorts are included( I do know they fill up quick). We are looking at AoA in a family suite.

That will be very clear when it happens.

One thing we know almost certain will not be included:
Mermaid Rooms at AOA
Villas at Grand Floridian
3 Bedroom Villas
Campsites at Ft. Wilderness

Are preferred rooms generally included in the FD promo?
What would be the best resort to book now (moderate) to avoid having to switch later on if the promo is released?

Black do you think they will release the RO discounts at the same time as FD? Will us late Oct folks have to wait until August to get a discount announced? :worried:

Are preferred rooms generally included in the FD promo? What would be the best resort to book now (moderate) to avoid having to switch later on if the promo is released?
The 2 PO resorts book up first. Should be fine with the others.
And preferred is included.

Are preferred rooms generally included in the FD promo?
What would be the best resort to book now (moderate) to avoid having to switch later on if the promo is released?

Promos are based on occupancy, so the more people who book now and "switch over" are actually hurting themselves (and everyone else) because there will be less rooms released under the promo.

Even if you book something now does not mean you'll be able to automatically switch that reservation over to FD - it will be based on what is available when you finally get through to a CM. So when FD is released you'll likely be sitting on hold waiting for a CM (last year I waited exactly 90 minutes before a CM came on the line, and I started calling before 7am when the phone lines opened - by that time the preferred rooms were all booked at the resort we chose). Meanwhile, those without reservations to switch over might be booking up all the rooms online!

I've booked my airfare, but I'm not booking our package until/if FD comes out. Just something to think about....;)

Something to consider, most resorts and room categories will be included in the offer, however, not all may be available. That is why it is good to have a resort/room category back up plan. : )

Mid summer is soooooo far away for Oct-Dec announcements! I'm just torturing myself with all this excitement for September FD.

I am new to the DIS boards this year (followed some back in 2011 when we last went to WDW) - am already following the other FD thread so following this one for the "and a whole lot more" !! �� This coming from a Caboholic - if you know what that is- feel like you regulars could form a similar group- fun, interesting, crazy and supportive---like family!

Mid summer is soooooo far away for Oct-Dec announcements! I'm just torturing myself with all this excitement for September FD.

Call me nuts, I actually switched my trip to September so I wouldn't have to wait:rotfl:

I am new to the DIS boards this year (followed some back in 2011 when we last went to WDW) - am already following the other FD thread so following this one for the "and a whole lot more" !! �� This coming from a Caboholic - if you know what that is- feel like you regulars could form a similar group- fun, interesting, crazy and supportive---like family!

The other thread will be closed soon. I will make a new one and link to it so we can discuss business over there, and more fun over here.

Once a thread hits 250 pages, it gets closed due to large size. You are free to open a new one, hence the part 4 so far.

quite a few of us starting hanging out here last March'ish waiting, hoping, obsessing about FD and we have become a Dis Family. FD for the Fall did not come out until Aug 1st last year so a long wait for us,then waiting for our trips to happen.would we be testing FP+...

Some like me won't be going back for a year or 2 and wanted to have a place to touch base and not get in the way of this years FD people.

Welcome to the group

Please tell me if this would be possible!

Right now we are booked at BCR CL on a bounceback for September 20th for 7 nights. We are thinking of moving to POR if FD comes out - we will have family there and our kids want to be together. So...I'm excited but broken hearted about missing out on the BCR. It's our favorite!

Could we book POR on Free Dining for the first 5 night (7 day hoppers), then keep our BCR package for the last 2 nights?

1. Can we have two packages with 2 different discounts back to back?
2. Does anyone know if my bb has to be a package or just a room only discount? We won't need tickets at BCR since it will be the last 2 days.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter