• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 8/26-9/22-Anyone Else Hear This?

Yes, yes, yes :banana: :laughing: :laughing: :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :yay: :dance3: Whew. I'm a little excited about the mousebuzz post! This looks like the real thing!!! Thank you everyone who is kind enough to share the information with the rest of us. I can only look every so often....this is the best site.

Oh, I just notice that I've earned my ears. I've been upgraded to mouseketeer!

:banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :yay: (I feel like break dancing). :lmao:

I was originally planning on taking my next DW trip in December 07 but I'm so excited about the thoughts of the money I'd save with FREE DINING that I'm making plans for Sept. 14-23rd! I am obsessed with these free dining threads waiting....impatiently for the sign that it's true and ready to book!!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WAITING!!!! :thumbsup2

Just posted on mousesavers --- Disney rewards Visa free dining will be released on April 9 and open to the general public on April 12 :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was wondering if anyone was there last year when they offered the free dining? How was the crowds? We are thinking about going during free dining and was wondering if it would be more crowded b/c of it. Thanks

I was wondering if anyone was there last year when they offered the free dining? How was the crowds? We are thinking about going during free dining and was wondering if it would be more crowded b/c of it. Thanks
If you are even *thinking* about it, you should do it!!!! Such a great deal, and a great time to go! It's hot, but the crowds are awesome.
Do it!!!

The restaurants are FULL! The Parks were doable, when we went. It was end of Aug, we had annual passes, so we wanted to go while they were still good. It started mid Aug last year. We went for 10 days, 3 days in DVC with the DDP with cash.

We were there for 3 weeks mid Sept thru mid October. I planned to be at parks that had EMH the day before and it worked pretty good other than the days when we felt like we HAD to go to MK to see double Spectro/Wishes or the first day of the F&W festival at EPCOT but we were prepared for that.

The only really important thing is to make ADR's or you might end up with no convenient place to eat.

I planned our ADR's around which park and what activities we were going to be doing on that particular day to avoid having to run from park to park or from one end of the park to another.

Because of the heat and a bit of sickness that we experienced we had to change a few of our ADR's but had no trouble doing that. The only one I regreted was cancelling our dinner plans at R&C with the possibility of seeing Illuminations from there and then finding out that friends had come over to surprise us and they were the ones who got surprised.

We are planning on going again even though I remember saying I would not do it again. I think I forgot the heat and remembered the food. BTW, I came home 4 pounds lighter than when I went. Magical, magical. :wizard:

Slightly Goofy

Okay - now I'm trying to figure out how to swing two trips in one year - I think I have Disney fever!!

My kids start back to school on August 29th - I can't check in on the 25th and get the free dining huh?? I'd hate for them to miss their first day of school. I checked the Disney site, though, and I could do just me and the kids (DH couldn't swing it with work) at a value for three nights/four days for $860.79 - man, what a deal :cool1:

We were there September 10-16 for free dining. Crowds were pretty much nonexistant. Restaurants were much more full.

If you're thinking about it, definitely go!!

WEll, we will miss free dining, we are going August 8-18, however... does anyone think the crowds will be better for us since the dining comes out later? How is the heat, is it bearable? How are the crowds?

WEll, we will miss free dining, we are going August 8-18, however... does anyone think the crowds will be better for us since the dining comes out later? How is the heat, is it bearable? How are the crowds?

Crowds around that time are still pretty high. As far as the heat goes...high heat, high humidity. It still is summer, after all. :)

Did you get any discount Hollybh? I am going nearly the same dates and nada! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter