Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. This is my first time posting, but I have been definitely doing a lot of reading. There is so much great information on here. My family of 4 are planning our third trip for October 21-31. We usually stay at a disney resort for 4 nights and then stay off site for a week. I'm thinking of staying on site the entire trip AOA suite if free dining becomes available. I'm wondering if it is possible to only upgrade the dining for 5 days of the 10?

DV= Disney visa? I have a Disney visa from chase... Do all Disney cards get an offer? Via email? I thought I saw somewhere that Bank One Disney visa had a discount... Which is why I was wondering. Lol

Hi. This is my first time posting, but I have been definitely doing a lot of reading. There is so much great information on here. My family of 4 are planning our third trip for October 21-31. We usually stay at a disney resort for 4 nights and then stay off site for a week. I'm thinking of staying on site the entire trip AOA suite if free dining becomes available. I'm wondering if it is possible to only upgrade the dining for 5 days of the 10?

If you book a free dining package, everyone in the room must be on the dining plan for the entire duration of your stay. If you wanted to have the dining plan for just 5 days of your stay, you would want to make two reservations: 5 days with the free dining plan and then a second reservation without the dining plan. If the reservations are at the same resort, you can request to simply stay in the same room when one reservation ends and the other begins.

Eric

DV= Disney visa? I have a Disney visa from chase... Do all Disney cards get an offer? Via email? I thought I saw somewhere that Bank One Disney visa had a discount... Which is why I was wondering. Lol

DV = Disney Visa, yes. Chase Disney Visa to be specific. It's the Chase Disney Visa that will have advanced WDW discount offers. I have had a Chase Disney Visa for years, and I can only remember one time where I received an e-mail notification about a free dining offer. Usually I don't hear from them at all. It will appear on their web site...eventually. The only reliable information about the DV FD offers over the years have come from this forum.

Eric

DV = Disney Visa, yes. Chase Disney Visa to be specific. It's the Chase Disney Visa that will have advanced WDW discount offers. I have had a Chase Disney Visa for years, and I can only remember one time where I received an e-mail notification about a free dining offer. Usually I don't hear from them at all. It will appear on their web site...eventually. The only reliable information about the DV FD offers over the years have come from this forum. Eric

Great! I'll keep checking here!

One thing to keep in mind (I just found this out myself today) is AOA suites were excluded last year from the "fall" FD which covers oct-dec but the suites were included in the "late summer" FD promo which was sept last year, typically it's end of aug-sept. Anything can change and can't say that it will follow the same pattern as last year but just incase have your back up plan, as I just found this information out today also and was banking on a suite at AOA with FD for November (even tho we never know if FD is even being offered for "fall" yet, I'm a heavy wisher! Ha ha)

If you book a free dining package, everyone in the room must be on the dining plan for the entire duration of your stay. If you wanted to have the dining plan for just 5 days of your stay, you would want to make two reservations: 5 days with the free dining plan and then a second reservation without the dining plan. If the reservations are at the same resort, you can request to simply stay in the same room when one reservation ends and the other begins. Eric

Hi Eric, I'm sorry I meant upgrade from quick service dining ( since it's a value) to DDP for only part if the stay. Thanks

One thing to keep in mind (I just found this out myself today) is AOA suites were excluded last year from the "fall" FD which covers oct-dec but the suites were included in the "late summer" FD promo which was sept last year, typically it's end of aug-sept. Anything can change and can't say that it will follow the same pattern as last year but just incase have your back up plan, as I just found this information out today also and was banking on a suite at AOA with FD for November (even tho we never know if FD is even being offered for "fall" yet, I'm a heavy wisher! Ha ha)

I'm really hoping it's included this time. If not I'll just stay 4 nights at a moderate and move on to a condo for the remainder of the trip. With two teenage girls, one bathroom for ten days might kill me LMAO!

Hi Eric, I'm sorry I meant upgrade from quick service dining ( since it's a value) to DDP for only part if the stay. Thanks

As far as I know, with the packages, you have to stick with your choices for everyone for the entire length of stay. Still, you could book two reservations, one with quick service and one with the upgraded DDP.

Eric

Is it just me or does May 1st seem like a million days away :rotfl: Trying to be patient here how about everyone else???

I'm dying. I'm not even trying to get a high demand resort. If our dates fall, which I am expecting, I'm pretty sure CBR will be included. Just really want to be done with it and pay this trip off, so it feels "final". Oh my OCD.....:rotfl:

I think you are mistaken i booked with my disney visa before the general public last year.

I hope I am mistaken. For late summer--September--it did come out to DV first. I thought that others commented that the fall--oct-dec--offers were released to general public at same time as DV. Hope I am wrong for everyone's sake . . .

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked and answered... Is May 1st expected to be GP date or DV date? TIA

The current thinking is that is the DV date, I believe--we will know more after Monday. Last year, September DV free dining was released on a Monday, but had traditionally been on Thursday. Check back Monday, and I am sure there will be a better sense (guess :).

Way back in the good old days when FD was new and POP was given the basic dining plan for free, POP was very hard to get into. A couple years in a row POP would book so fast for September dates that they would over book and upgrade people for free into Polynesian or DVC 1 bedroom. My knees still hurt praying the same problem would carry over into our Oct trip:rolleyes1 We never received one of those sweet deals but I am sure there are several on here that enjoyed the upgrade.

Since POP went to QS dining for free haven't heard of any problems getting a room at POP during FD. With FD offer now days most families can upgrade to a moderate for about the same price as POP with the upgraded Dining Plan.

We are the for 13 days with FD. The cost to upgrade to a moderate is only 350.00 if we upgraded the dining plan. But we prefer the QSDP . So the savings is more like 1000.00 plus tips. We will pay for 3 TS meals OP and I figure that is about what we would spend on tips anyhow. I agree if you are upgrading the dining and there are 4 of you you might as well stay at a moderate. We are just spend alot of time at the wp's and telling my kids we need to eat don't go over so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter