Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm a bit freaked out. I am not a Disney Visa member, but my SO is. He will be at work on release day, so I will have to do the booking. I'm scared I wont be able to because I am not the card holder making the reservation. Will I be able to make the reservation even though it is not my card? I need to figure this out now before I am told i cant make the reservation 2+ hours into waiting on hold. We looked into me being a co-user of the card but it comes with too much baggage that I don't want to deal with. Has anyone had this experience booking with a Visa Members card?

I make all the calls when we book and it has been fine. The card is in my hubby's name. However, we are married, but we do not have the same last name...so probably in the same boat as you. He was in the room when we booked the BB but I don't recall them asking to speak with him.

The only other thing I would add is that when we made the reservation we were already in their system (we were staying there - it was a bounceback offer). I don't know if they are more strict the first time you book. The very first time we went we did it online with no promo at first. Every time I pay over the phone, it is with a card in his name and they do not have an issue.

mom2cinderella said:
I feel like I'm in one of those kid shows - where they look at the classroom clock and it starts ticking backwards.......:crazy2:

Oh Tricia I know! At least we can talk Disney all night at work...lol. Its coming soon though#

Hey guys, I'm a bit freaked out. I am not a Disney Visa member, but my SO is. He will be at work on release day, so I will have to do the booking. I'm scared I wont be able to because I am not the card holder making the reservation. Will I be able to make the reservation even though it is not my card? I need to figure this out now before I am told i cant make the reservation 2+ hours into waiting on hold. We looked into me being a co-user of the card but it comes with too much baggage that I don't want to deal with. Has anyone had this experience booking with a Visa Members card?

You will be fine. What they are looking for is the card holders name on the reservation and do you have all the correct info to answer the security questions (name, address, phone, and so on).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They were not included last year but if they are included They are limited. The little mermaid rooms are always excluded.

We stayed at AOA last sept we originally booked the finding nemo suite but it was not included in the free dining. The cars suite was however so we just changed to that and were able to take advantage of FD.

so do we call the regular reservation number if we are disney visa holders to get the free dining deal or do we have to call a different number....

what time can we start making ressies on line or on the phone?

When the DV early booking offer can not be booked online. Once the promo is announced, you do have to call the regular reservation number to book. The lines open at 7am EST :thumbsup2

Also, if I already have a reservation thru dreams unlimited... Do I wait for my agent to wake and make reservation or should I do it on my own since I'm a DV holder...if this happens. Lol

If you have already booked with a TA, they are the only ones that can make changes to your reservation. So you would have to wait for them to call and make the changes/additions to your ressie.
Make sure that your TA has your 2nd and 3rd choices for resorts, room categories and dates just in case what you have already booked doesn't have availability or is excluded. :surfweb:

We stayed at AOA last sept we originally booked the finding nemo suite but it was not included in the free dining. The cars suite was however so we just changed to that and were able to take advantage of FD.
I thought they were, but then I was reading comments on here. I remembered that a lot of the standard resorts that normally are included, were not. So I thought I was wrong...lol So they were included but just limited....that part I was correct on lol

Agree. We always chose value until we were family of 5, then to POR. We once booked POLY for 6 days, it was our dream resort. That is until we figured out that we could stay 12 days for the same price!!! It was amazing to me, and I figured out that I don't think I'd ever do a deluxe. Once DD(17) decides to not go anymore...back to value we go. To do it in 6 days, we wouldn't have TIME to enjoy POLY enough to justify.

Last year we did a 5 days disney cruise and 13 at Disney. We have stayed at a few deluxe's and every moderate but CBR. This year we are staying at Universal for 5 days and disney for 13. Needless to say I don't miss much of anything at the mods and deluxes.

I will agree 100% with both of you. We just like to stay for longer trips and we do spend time at our resort and POP has never been a problem. Last trip we stayed at POR since to upgrade dining was about the same price as going to moderate. To be honest we all missed POP.

Good to hear someone say that. We've only been twice - ASMu once and CS (with free dining). Thought about going Deluxe if we do get FD :-)worship:) But we spend the entire day in the parks and are exhausted when we get back. I think we could sleep on rocks if we had to! (in fact - I think I actually fell asleep on a rock while my kids were riding Expedition Everest 4 or 5 times in a row once - lol). As long as I have a place to sleep in the kids have a pool to swim in we are easy to please! However, queen size beds at a moderate are kind of nice... (but we only go moderate with free dining).
We do spend sometime at the resort. But still find that a value is fine for us. My kids don't miss the slide because we go to each of the wp's twice. We also don't upgrade the dining plan. We just stick with the QSDP and pay OP for 3 character meals it works out to be the same if we paid for tips. Plus I'm not having to drag my kids out of the pool.

My dh who was the one that said no value resort. Once we tried it he was wondering why we spent all that extra money every year.

I thought they were, but then I was reading comments on here. I remembered that a lot of the standard resorts that normally are included, were not. So I thought I was wrong...lol So they were included but just limited....that part I was correct on lol

From what I understand the suites were limited but included for late summer FD which was sept. But were excluded fully from the fall FD which was oct-dec dates. I think that's where people are getting confused because AOA suites were included and then excluded in the next FD. I'm in hopes they will be included for FD in nov if offered.. For 2014 and 2015 lol.. Wishful thinking I suppose.

For what it is worth...
I just called Disney to price out some rooms using the Hopper pin I received last month. I talked to Ingrid. She gave me prices and stated the pin was good through August 28. I asked her when free dining would be announced and she gave the standard reply that they have not been told yet. I said it should start after the 28th of August, right? She replied, it could overlap, and start August 25th....hmmmmm...

For what it is worth... I just called Disney to price out some rooms using the Hopper pin I received last month. I talked to Ingrid. She gave me prices and stated the pin was good through August 28. I asked her when free dining would be announced and she gave the standard reply that they have not been told yet. I said it should start after the 28th of August, right? She replied, it could overlap, and start August 25th....hmmmmm...

I know it's a long shot but come on August 25th! That's the exact date we need! I'm wondering if you can still get your package tickets early. It used to be that you could get them 2 days prior to your package start date. I'm not sure if it's possible with the magic bands but that would be an option if it is. Anyone have any info on early ticket pick up?

I know it's a long shot but come on August 25th! That's the exact date we need! I'm wondering if you can still get your package tickets early. It used to be that you could get them 2 days prior to your package start date. I'm not sure if it's possible with the magic bands but that would be an option if it is. Anyone have any info on early ticket pick up?

We were there in November during the magic band test phase. We picked our tickets up 2 days prior to our free dining package. There was an issue at AK the first time we used them. We went to guest relations and got it straightened out in about 15 minutes. They gave us a couple fast passes for the inconvenience.

You will be fine. What they are looking for is the card holders name on the reservation and do you have all the correct info to answer the security questions (name, address, phone, and so on).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I make all the calls when we book and it has been fine. The card is in my hubby's name. However, we are married, but we do not have the same last name...so probably in the same boat as you. He was in the room when we booked the BB but I don't recall them asking to speak with him.

The only other thing I would add is that when we made the reservation we were already in their system (we were staying there - it was a bounceback offer). I don't know if they are more strict the first time you book. The very first time we went we did it online with no promo at first. Every time I pay over the phone, it is with a card in his name and they do not have an issue.

Thank you guys so much! That lifts a lot of stress off my shoulders! I appreciate it. <3

I am sure someone will call tomorrow morning at 7am just in case Thursday is actually the GP offer?

Question 1: I have been approved for the DV but have not received it yet. Anyone know if there is a way around this if the FD is announced before I get the card?

Question 2: Does Pop sell out the first day of the general public having access?

Thanks, I am terribly excited and want to go Sept 2-10 but can vary dates if needed. Only got to go once before and due to a medical issue the trip was really disappointing. I have promised my daughter a return trip, and want to make the most of it. She is 23 so we are going to have a great mom/daughter trip. She has some very severe health issues so this trip is a really big deal.

Thanks!

Question 1: I have been approved for the DV but have not received it yet. Anyone know if there is a way around this if the FD is announced before I get the card?

Question 2: Does Pop sell out the first day of the general public having access?

Thanks, I am terribly excited and want to go Sept 2-10 but can vary dates if needed. Only got to go once before and due to a medical issue the trip was really disappointing. I have promised my daughter a return trip, and want to make the most of it. She is 23 so we are going to have a great mom/daughter trip. She has some very severe health issues so this trip is a really big deal.

Thanks!

The answer to both questions is no. Pop will have plenty of availability for weeks. You'll be fine if the Visa doesn't make it to you in time.

Anyone heard any new rumors on when it will be officially announced? Getting antsy. Want to make changes on our resort etc but can't until dates are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter