• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason we always choose MOD resorts is the queen beds and extra sink/room space. We are booked at POFQ. If POFQ and POR are both excluded, we are stuck with CSR b/c CBR doesn't have queen beds. I'm not thrilled about CSR and would need a preferred room to even consider. Anyone else considering just holding out for room discount? Our family of 4 would save more w/ FD, but would still save quite a bit with a discount....IF POFQ is included in a discount, which it may not be. Ugh, feeling disappointed and should be excited! WHY oh WHY are both PO resorts likely excluded???? I get it, but I just wish they weren't.

My first choice was POR RR :sad: .I can't do CBR either...the full size beds are just not possible. CSR is not too attractive to me. The size, lack of food options and I've read the food court is not so good. So might just do RO at POR and cut back on some TS. There is only 2 adults and 1 child/1infant in our family so we could swing it.

Oh no I understand and I feel for all of you families of 5, it's a stinker that the options are limited and even more with this offer! That's the only reason I mentioned more of us trying to hold out for future offers is maybe then POR would be back on the option list next round (whenever that may be) but then again as you said you are one of those families of 5 that needs to book to be sure to get a room because of your size.. It's tough. Here's to hoping and good luck all.
We're a family of 5 and always stay at the cabins

When we stayed at Wilderness lodge, we were kind of disappointed with the room only. Seemed kind of plain for a deluxe resort. The rest of the resort was great.

I've never stayed at WL but have done Poly, BWI, AKL, GF and BC. I would agree that the rooms aren't that great. It's the other amenities like location and access to several restaurants that we like.

After being bummed all day that PO won't offer the FD, we looked at some of the other offerings and think CBR looks quite charming. Only draw back I see is it looks huge and I'm exhuasted just thinking about getting from the bus to our room. Any comments on this resort?

The sheets are always washed when the guests check out of the room. The comforters are not. This is standard practice at hotels everywhere. Exactly why I don't use the comforters at any hotel. Yuck!

I don't think they are washed, how we wash our clothes. A friend is in the mass launderer business and I've been told they're all thrown into a big vat (lack of better word) and steamed to a certain temp to kill off germs....obvious stained/soiled are treated differently. Think of the process to home dry clean....like that is what I'm told. Don't know if that's how Disney does it, but all hospitals do.

Disney has been approved permits for the refurb from April of this year till late next spring. Currently no one has reported work being done. When they start they will start in a village and do one bldg at a time and move to the next and so on. As a village is completed those rooms will be added into the system. It is still unclear what kind of rehab they are doing and have a ton of rumors for over a year now.

FYI, CBR is our favorite resort, LOVE IT:) we have 5 in iur group so it's not an option for us unless it is refurbished before Oct.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Could you please share what you love about it? Sorry, I just don't know anything about CBR. I have a 5 and 2 year old and am worried about the size.

Oh no I understand and I feel for all of you families of 5, it's a stinker that the options are limited and even more with this offer! That's the only reason I mentioned more of us trying to hold out for future offers is maybe then POR would be back on the option list next round (whenever that may be) but then again as you said you are one of those families of 5 that needs to book to be sure to get a room because of your size.. It's tough. Here's to hoping and good luck all.

Yes part of me fights with the other bc we need a room but...we want to get the room lol The Struggle is realllll maybe they will add it back once we all leave lol

Im waiting to see whats left when i get through after holding for hours :(

Really? Hours...? I have no choice but to wait days as DV is not available north of the border. I wish I had the misfortune of having to wait a couple of hours... Anyway, good luck to everyone tomorrow, and good luck to others waiting on general release.

The main reason we always choose MOD resorts is the queen beds and extra sink/room space. We are booked at POFQ. If POFQ and POR are both excluded, we are stuck with CSR b/c CBR doesn't have queen beds. I'm not thrilled about CSR and would need a preferred room to even consider. Anyone else considering just holding out for room discount? Our family of 4 would save more w/ FD, but would still save quite a bit with a discount....IF POFQ is included in a discount, which it may not be. Ugh, feeling disappointed and should be excited! WHY oh WHY are both PO resorts likely excluded???? I get it, but I just wish they weren't.

Same for us and the queen beds. We made the move to CS (a lot of walking for me) but we also told the TA to keep PO anything on the radar and if it opens, to snatch two rooms fast! I have decided to make the best of it and enjoy the blessing of Disney and not the hassle!

I don't think they are washed, how we wash our clothes. A friend is in the mass launderer business and I've been told they're all thrown into a big vat (lack of better word) and steamed to a certain temp to kill off germs....obvious stained/soiled are treated differently. Think of the process to home dry clean....like that is what I'm told. Don't know if that's how Disney does it, but all hospitals do.

I have a friend who was head of housekeeping at a Disney resort quite some time ago...the comforters are not changed/washed between guests. Just grosses me out...other people sat on them, had their shoes on them,etc. The new triple sheet look can be quite plain but it's much more sanitary. At home, I pull my comforter all the way up under my chin. Not at hotels! I don't know where it's been. Ew!

Anyways....back to free dining. :)

I've never stayed at WL but have done Poly, BWI, AKL, GF and BC. I would agree that the rooms aren't that great. It's the other amenities like location and access to several restaurants that we like.

The extra $700+ for a deluxe is a lot of money and I am so torn. Our last family vacation (also to WDW) was 5 years ago. I want this to be magical as possible, but the substantial increase is a little hard to swallow. Even if a RO discount becomes available deluxe would still be more because we do plan to do some character meals.

Anyway-thanks for listening to my crazy neurotic self inflicted crisis!:lmao:

Do you think FD will be released to Disney Visa card holders tomorrow ? I am seeing some mixed thoughts...again. :confused: :worried:

The extra $700+ for a deluxe is a lot of money and I am so torn. Our last family vacation (also to WDW) was 5 years ago. I want this to be magical as possible, but the substantial increase is a little hard to swallow. Even if a RO discount becomes available deluxe would still be more because we do plan to do some character meals.

Anyway-thanks for listening to my crazy neurotic self inflicted crisis!:lmao:

Yes, that is a lot of money.

Your family will have a great time! You're at Disney pixiedust:

No worries! Thats why we're all here...to listen and support each other through our craziness :grouphug: :)

Hoping someone can answer this. I have to book with the GP. I'd like to book Pop online but want TS. Am I able to upgrade the dining through the website or do I have to phone to make that request. Has anyone done this in the past?

If CBR does get refurbed, how long does that typically take? I know it depends on the type of refurb, but does anyone know a best case/worst case scenario?

Permits were applied for on Feb 5, 2014.
Permits were issued on Feb 11. 2014.
Disney requested a modified (from usual 1 year) completion date of May 20, 2015.
Pirate Rooms are not included.
To date no one has reported the work has been started.
One person reported asking at the front desk and they suggested mid/late summer for start date.

I am going to get fired over free dining. It has consumed my life, and it isn't even the cheapest option for me. LOL
It is just nice going down with everything paid and not fretting every time it have to pay for something. Good luck in the am. I am escaping the madness till 7am.

Could you please share what you love about it? Sorry, I just don't know anything about CBR. I have a 5 and 2 year old and am worried about the size.

After being bummed all day that PO won't offer the FD, we looked at some of the other offerings and think CBR looks quite charming. Only draw back I see is it looks huge and I'm exhuasted just thinking about getting from the bus to our room. Any comments on this resort?

I will tell you I do thinking the theming of cbr is nice...depending on how the busses are looping and what village you stay in can make or break your bussing there..... personally I would tell them Martinique or bust....
the pool is really neat and well taken care of along with the hot tub.... which are only located at the main pool. I really did not like the rooms but maybe I got a bad set of them... the staff was friendly .... we were almost as far as you could get from the food and that made the refillable mugs all but worthless. it was a 15 to 20 min walk maybe longer with kids and u needed the pop just to refresh you on the way back lol...
I have to say the play area in the island in the middle of the lake was very fun for the kids... and for a "carribean beach resort" themed place I was hoping for more... steel drum bands ...something actually at the beach.... things like that...It could have been there but I never saw it really.

I believe that each discount (Visa free dining and General public free dining) are treated as two separate offers. So, more rooms will open when the public offer is released.

Thanks! This is our first time going in fall and all this FD madness!

Hoping someone can answer this. I have to book with the GP. I'd like to book Pop online but want TS. Am I able to upgrade the dining through the website or do I have to phone to make that request. Has anyone done this in the past?

I have not, but I'd just book it the way its offered, and call in a week or so when it dies down and add it. Unless of course its obvious when you are online that you can.

I do not believe you can do this online, but you have PLENTY of time to make that change. I'd book online so you can get your room quickly and then call a few days/a week later when it's more quiet and have them change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter