Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has been answered in the last 50 million pages, but do I call the 800-W-Disney, the 407-939-5277 or 407-939-7795 ?

I do not have a reservation (as I was afraid too many booking ahead would lessen the chances of getting the FD), are these numbers for those who have a reservation already?

Thanks in advance, y'all are awesome!!

The main reason we always choose MOD resorts is the queen beds and extra sink/room space. We are booked at POFQ. If POFQ and POR are both excluded, we are stuck with CSR b/c CBR doesn't have queen beds. I'm not thrilled about CSR and would need a preferred room to even consider. Anyone else considering just holding out for room discount? Our family of 4 would save more w/ FD, but would still save quite a bit with a discount....IF POFQ is included in a discount, which it may not be. Ugh, feeling disappointed and should be excited! WHY oh WHY are both PO resorts likely excluded???? I get it, but I just wish they weren't.

If CBR does get refurbed, how long does that typically take? I know it depends on the type of refurb, but does anyone know a best case/worst case scenario?
hahahaha! That's a joke, right? They allegedly started the refurb last Oct when we were there....snail pace. We had double beds and no refrigerator due to them being pulled for recall.....not pleasant stay. I am not crazy about Pop (my kids love it) but I'd rather stay there again than CBR

If CBR does get refurbed, how long does that typically take? I know it depends on the type of refurb, but does anyone know a best case/worst case scenario?

Disney has been approved permits for the refurb from April of this year till late next spring. Currently no one has reported work being done. When they start they will start in a village and do one bldg at a time and move to the next and so on. As a village is completed those rooms will be added into the system. It is still unclear what kind of rehab they are doing and have a ton of rumors for over a year now.

FYI, CBR is our favorite resort, LOVE IT:) we have 5 in iur group so it's not an option for us unless it is refurbished before Oct.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JLKennedy said:
hahahaha! That's a joke, right? They allegedly started the refurb last Oct when we were there....snail pace. We had double beds and no refrigerator due to them being pulled for recall.....not pleasant stay. I am not crazy about Pop (my kids love it) but I'd rather stay there again than CBR

I spoke with CBR directly today. They said that a room refurb I'd due to start mid summer. Definitely linens and curtains maybe more. They will know in next few weeks. Hope that helps.

turning into a Disney fanatic

JLKennedy said:

I spoke with CBR directly today. They said that a room refurb is due to start mid summer. Definitely linens and curtains maybe more. They will know in next few weeks. Hope that helps.

turning into a Disney fanatic

I have to wait until May 7.... really curious to see whats going to be left in the moderates! :(

Sorry if this has been asked... but I tried looking back a few pages, and don't have time to check EVERY past page!

I have a Disney Visa, do I have to call in with the code, or can I just say I am calling for the Visa deal?

From what I have been reading, an email with the codes will come out tomorrow for DV holders. I did see the codes floating through the message board a few times.

We will be there the October 4th thru the 10th. we will be arriving late on the 3rd and had planned on staying off site and checking in on the 4th. would we be able to book for the 3rd and get free dining if we wont check in until 1-2 am? Would it be worth the extra night for F/D? Rack rate at a all star sports compared to $60-$70 off site for the Friday night, thanks for any help.

We kind of did this last year... arriving late the last day it was offered. We made it before midnight (I was nervous about the date change), but I've read several people say on into the night is fine. Like some others said, I would call enroute and make sure they knew I was still coming.

As for worth it... you would probably want to do the math, but I would sure think so... 6 days of free dining for the cost of the room one night? (I think that's the way to figure that)

I'm sorry if this has been answered in the last 50 million pages, but do I call the 800-W-Disney, the 407-939-5277 or 407-939-7795 ?

I do not have a reservation (as I was afraid too many booking ahead would lessen the chances of getting the FD), are these numbers for those who have a reservation already?

Thanks in advance, y'all are awesome!!

I call 407-939-1936

There are lots of behind the scenes work and logistics that needs to happen before we see actual work. Every resort had a pulled fridge, not CBR fault. Sorry you had a bad time at CBR, it is our favorite resort:)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Question... when you book a reservation can you specifically ask for a certain building? (Stayingin all stars). And do you have to specify right when you book or can you call closer to check in to ask for certain building/refrigerator/etc...

You can request a building at the time of reservation and you can also call closer to the date to make sure it is still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter