Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
summer621 said:
from mousesavers.com/small world vacations:

Disney visa cardholders can get free dining when you book a full price walt disney world vacation package for check-ins most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10. To qualify, you must use your disney rewards visa card to reserve and pay for a vacation package that includes at least 3 consecutive hotel

with this offer:

•stay in a disney value resort and and get the magic your way plus quick service dining package for the price of a regular magic your way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $83.96 per day -- the cost of adding the quick service dining plan to a basic vacation package.

•stay in a disney moderate, deluxe or deluxe villas resort and get the magic your way plus dining package for the price of a regular magic your way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $107.96 per day -- the cost of adding the regular dining plan to a basic vacation package.

If you are staying in a value resort, you can upgrade to the regular dining plan for just $10 per adult per night and $2 per child age 3-9 per night. (this represents the usual price difference between the quick service dining plan and the regular dining plan.) or you can upgrade to the deluxe dining plan for $40 per adult per night and $12 per child age 3-9 per night. (this represents the usual price difference between the quick service dining plan and the deluxe dining plan.)

2010?

It is really disappointing how disney has a family of 5 over a barrel. Only 1 moderate and really only half of that moderate that can accommodate 5. Wish they had more options.

That is how I feel, I have been crunching numbers for every possible option for our family of 5. It is just a pain to me that I go to a value and pay more, or I go to a Deluxe and pay even more. No real options! Well..not what I wanted! But I will still book it because we love Disney! Dang! Maybe the GP release will have POR in it! :confused3

Just wondering... to those people who have called Disney in the past at 7am on the day that a free dining promotion was released, how long did you normally wait to get a hold of someone? Or will it be a busy signal and you have to keep trying?

Trying to figure out the timing since I have to get the kids ready for school starting at 7:30!

summer621 said:
From MouseSavers.com/small world vacations:

Disney Visa cardholders can get FREE dining when you book a full price Walt Disney World vacation package for check-ins most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10. To qualify, you must use your Disney Rewards Visa card to reserve and pay for a vacation package that includes at least 3 consecutive hotel

With this offer:

•Stay in a Disney Value Resort and and get the Magic Your Way Plus Quick Service Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $83.96 per day -- the cost of adding the Quick Service Dining Plan to a basic vacation package.

•Stay in a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villas Resort and get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package. This deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $107.96 per day -- the cost of adding the regular Dining Plan to a basic vacation package.

If you are staying in a Value Resort, you can upgrade to the regular Dining Plan for just $10 per adult per night and $2 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the Quick Service Dining Plan and the regular Dining Plan.) Or you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for $40 per adult per night and $12 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the Quick Service Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.)

Are these upgrade prices right? I thought adults were about $20 and kids about 3.20?

I just checked availability on the website and no preferred rooms at all in CSR for our dates. This just does not make sense to me. Hoping that somehow POR gets added into the mix for the GP release. :(

Going to call in the am to try for CS. Is the preferred room worth the cost?

If you go to Touringplans.com they have all the resort footprints with approx walking times and picture of the view. It tells what room type every room is. The one exception is on wheelchair acc rooms...I couldn't find those.

Definitely going crazy:crazy2:. This morning waited 18 minutes, but was following the thread and people were getting 2 calls in before I had one.:confused3

When will free dining be released to the general public and will there be a specific code? We have misplaced our Disney Visa.

Thanks.

When I was looking for the time I was going POR only had standards unavailable and CSR only had 3 room categories available. It's crazy.
The system often shows limited inventory the night before the deals.

Going to call in the am to try for CS. Is the preferred room worth the cost?
If you don't want to walk or hop an internal bus to get to the food court and such, it is worth it. CSR as at least close to as big as CBR. Long walks for both. We personally loved CBR walking and all, and didn't pay the extra for preferred. We were VERY far from everything, but the resort was so beautiful, we didn't mind walking.

Sorry if this has been asked... but I tried looking back a few pages, and don't have time to check EVERY past page!

I have a Disney Visa, do I have to call in with the code, or can I just say I am calling for the Visa deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter