Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome! I think everyone has different strategies. I will share mine! I always try to plan to go to a park with EMH...preferable extra night hours. I also use Touring Plans to see what the crowds will be like in the parks, and always take that into consideration when I am choosing that days park. I do not always choose the least crowded due to other days plans. I will only do one rope drop per trip, so we will usually sleep in the other days so we can stay longer at the parks. I plan my ADR's around which park we will be in. I don't like to take too much time away from the parks, and prefer to eat there. There are so many wonderful choices at each one, especially if you haven't been before. After the first couple times, the park restaurants start to get a little "same old, same old". If you plan on doing a break in the afternoon, I would leave the park around noonish, and book an ADR around 4 or 5 at either Downtown Disney, or a resort, and then head back to the park. Chef Mickey's is always, always breakfast the day we leave. I will usually plan a resort restaurant on the day we are in Animal Kingdom because they close early, and it's so nice to experience the other resorts. I also try to plan a resort dinner the night we arrive. Don't usually do the park that day. We have always done Mods, but this trip we are trying a value, and it just seems like so much time to get out of the park and to either another park, or resort to eat.

What is Touring Plans? I had no idea you could keep track on the crowd amount. That would be valuable information! Please share more...

What is Touring Plans? I had no idea you could keep track on the crowd amount. That would be valuable information! Please share more...

I use touring plans and easywdw, easywdw is better in my opinion. Just google and click links. Easywdw is free and TP is a paid subscribtion. If you want it look at mousesavers for a coupon

I can get in using the link but I'm hesitant to trust the booking actually works, was anybody who used it able to see the reservation in their MDE afterwards?

"Sorry, we could not find the offer you were looking for."

Grr. I was all excited to wake up super early this morning!
I wonder what time this will go live?

Are you in the US? I've been checking the link that others used (Canadian offer I think) but it keeps telling me they can't find the offer. ANy suggestions?

That's what I got also. I'm not booking online as I'm already booked but trying to see if my dates at POP are available.

55 mins till the phone lines open!!!!

I'm seeing the page (its the old disney site...not MDE for those who can't see it). However now i'm wondering, are we sure its going to work? Pricing it out I get the same quote but nothing SAYS FD on my payment summary page. And did anyone have a problem linking the reservation?

Booked and linked no problem :thumbsup2
And it didn't say anything about free dining, just the Magic your Way plus Dining package, but there was no charge for dining…. if that makes sense :goodvibes

If it turns out that it goes live online at the same time the phone lines open up, would you guys recommend booking online or through the phone? Would one be more efficient than the other??

UGH I was hoping that the online booking would start at 6am here in the US

On the TA site all the special offers are gone right now including the summer one. So they must be doing something.....

If it turns out that it goes live online at the same time the phone lines open up, would you guys recommend booking online or through the phone? Would one be more efficient than the other??

I booked our last FD trip online in less than 5 minutes. This was 15 minutes after the phone lines had opened. I hear the wait times with the phone lines are horrible.

So are we thinking that the AOA is now completely out of the promo? :worried: This is all too stressful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter