Free Dining 2008 Watch

I have been lucky enough to get free dining in 2006 & 2007. My son's birthday is Sept 2nd and it has been a great tradition to take him to Disney every year. The free dining helps me stay longer.

We do the same thing. DD's birthday is September 8. :thumbsup2

Yes...Can someone tell me. We are planning on going from Sept. 17-23. What if the cut off is the 21st? Will I get my trip covered the entire time or just through the 21st?

What is the dining plan??

Based on the way it worked previous years, your entire trip should be covered.
See page 1, post 14, for an explanation of the free dining plan offer.
Here is a link so that you can see what is offered in the dining plan: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/benefitDetail?id=BenefitDisneyDiningPlanDetailPage

The way it has worked in the past, it would cover the whole trip.
As long as you stayed the first night during the free dining period, the plan covered the whole stay.

OMGosh! Thanks! I'm so excited! Our dates have NEVER overlapped with the plan before!

Subscribing as well. I was at POP last year and had free dining but never received (or heard about) the bounceback deal until I got home and saw it all over these boards -- too late for me though:headache: So, here's hoping I can catch it again early with my Disney Visa. We have airline credits and a few days' tickets to use so with free dining it will become doable:)

We were at pop last year too and never heard about the bounceback either.:confused3 I too have a Disney visa so here's to keeping my fingers crossed :cool1:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but can you go ahead and book your vacation then, and just ADD the DDP if and when it becomes available? Is this best done thru a travel agent, or would it also work if we booked ourselves? We were there last year during the free dining, and came so close to re-booking, but just weren't sure if we would have the $$. Well, now we do, and plan to book for the same time (end aug) but I wasn't sure if it is better to WAIT until the free dining has been announced, or if you can actually book now and then add it on. TIA:goodvibes

Based on the way it worked previous years, your entire trip should be covered.
See page 1, post 14, for an explanation of the free dining plan offer.
Here is a link so that you can see what is offered in the dining plan:

Thank you. I get so lost here yet. I'm such a newbie. :)

:yay: waiting... waiting... just got my Disney Visa Card..
Kicking ourselves for not booking in September 2007 when we were there.
But who knew Uncle Sam would be treating us to a Disney Vacation with a Tax rebate in 2008. :flower3:

I'm also going to follow along. We're cruising on the Wonder Sept 28-Oct 2 and were planning going to WDW and staying offsite a few days before the cruise. If they offer free dining check in date for the few days before the cruise, we'll going to finally get to stay onsite! :cool1:

Originally Posted by talulabelle
If free dining is offered, and it says that it is offered through Sept. 27th will it apply to your whole trip if you start your trip on the 26 or 27th and go through to Oct. 1? will it not apply at all? Or will it only apply to the first day of the trip?

The way it has worked in the past, it would cover the whole trip.
As long as you stayed the first night during the free dining period, the plan covered the whole stay.

Just an FYI: for the bounceback (2008) they would NOT let me do this, I tried with three different people and I was basically told that "when it ended, it ended". I know there were some that were allowed to do this, however, we were not.:confused3 We wanted the last full week of September and the first four days of October, but were told no. We then chose 13 n/14 d, all in September.

Just an FYI: for the bounceback (2008) they would NOT let me do this, I tried with three different people and I was basically told that "when it ended, it ended". I know there were some that were allowed to do this, however, we were not.:confused3 We wanted the last full week of September and the first four days of October, but were told no. We then chose 13 n/14 d, all in September.

Thank you so much for letting me know this. :thumbsup2 We may have to look at changing dates. We were wanting to go a few days into October also.
That is new this year. I completely understand why WDW chooses to do this though; it is just different than the previous years.

They are subscribing to the thread, to be notified of any future posts/updates.

You don't have to post to the thread to do that though. Near the top of the page you can click on "thread tools", then click on "subscribe" and you will be subscribed to the thread that way.

We always stay at Fort Wilderness. They told us the free dining never applies at Fort Wilderness.

Originally Posted by talulabelle
If free dining is offered, and it says that it is offered through Sept. 27th will it apply to your whole trip if you start your trip on the 26 or 27th and go through to Oct. 1? will it not apply at all? Or will it only apply to the first day of the trip?

Interesting. We are booked for Free Dining on the bounceback promo - third year in a row we have done it. Our dates are 9/23 - 10/5 and the ENTIRE trip is set up for free dining. Four people in the room for twelve nights is 48 credits.

We did that last year too - checked in on the last day of the promotion timeframe and had free dining for the entire trip.

I know that there are a limited number of rooms allocated for each promotion package. Maybe the problem was the resort you were looking at or the exact dates you wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter