Free Dining 2008 Watch

TLHB70

DIS Veteran
I have subscribed to all of the free dining 2008 threads that I have seen on this board. I just didn't know if which (if any) of them was the "official" thread......the one that DISers would post a message on as soon as the dates were released to the general public. I know that there is a UK offer (right???) and a bounceback offer. However, as far as I know, the offer to the Disney Visa holders and general public is not out yet. Am I correct on that????
If so, I thought that we could make this the "OFFICIAL" thread where all waiters come to watch and wait. If anyone learns of the deal going public, the kind DISer can post it here . Or if anyone has an offical watch/wait thread going, you can post the link for me so that I am sure to get subscribed.

I don't know about an official thread, I think that there are around 800 Free dining threads going right now. :rotfl:

Not sure how an official thread would work for letting everyone know it's here, but it sure would be nice to have all of the free dining questions in one place.

Thanks, TDC Nala, for combining them all in one place!!!!!!!!!!
Last year we had an official free dining watch thread on the Dining Plan board . (I think that was the board.) It was just helpful to have it all in one place, like Tricia1972 stated.
I will subscribe to the one link you have provided. (Somehow it has now moved below this post instead of above it, like it was before. I know that moderators can do things like that. ;) )

This will be the Restaurant Board watch thread for the free dining 2008 offer - we'll stick it up here until news comes out about the free dining offer.

You can also join the Resorts Board watch thread here -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1706407

Please use this thread to discuss the free dining offers. Other threads will be merged to this one.

This will be the Restaurant Board watch thread for the free dining 2008 offer - we'll stick it up here until news comes out about the free dining offer.

You can also join the Resorts Board watch thread here -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1706407

Please use this thread to discuss the free dining offers. Other threads will be merged to this one.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Thank you!! You rock by the way, have I mentioned that yet today? :goodvibes

Come on free foodpopcorn:: and have some popcorn while we wait (Orval of corse)

Hi All,

We did the Free Dining in 2006 while staying in a Moderate and LOVED IT. Planning our 2008 trip now and hoping Free Dining will again be available. This time, however, we are considering bringing our camper and staying in the Disney Wilderness Campground. Anybody know if that lodging has qualified for the Disney Free Dining in years past?

Thanks!

Woo Hoo! I'm on the watch board too. C'mon August free dining. popcorn:: luv_my_grlz, if you're staying on site, you'll be able to get free dining too - if they offer it, and if you contact your TA or whoever you booked through and tell them that you want the free dining on your package. (Cuz you read about it on the fantastic DIS boards) And make sure you notify them as soon as you hear about the free dining, I believe in the past, Disney only had the offer open for a limited time. Anyone know differently?

Oh dear, just read that the UK residents are restricted to the moderates and above for free dining this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see what restrictions they put on free dining for the US residents - if they even offer it. (Aw, they've gotta offer it...we started a thread on it and everything!)

This is the first I've seen about free food at Disney. Can someone explain what this is and how someone goes about applying for this or winning this?

Thanks,
Mike

It's not something you apply for or win. "Free dining" is a promotion used to sell rack rate room/ticket packages during late August and September, historically the slowest time at WDW (and rendered even slower by the hurricane seasons of 2004 and 2005).

All you do is book a rack rate room/tickets package at a WDW resort for the promotion dates, and they'll throw in the basic dining plan for free. Availability for the packages are limited, though - all rooms at an entire resort are not available for booking with free dining.

For 2008, booking this promotion has already been permitted for residents of the UK for dates between 8/10 and 9/27. However, the UK promotion was limited to moderate resorts and above (excluding AKL).

Booking was also permitted for 2008 to persons staying in a WDW resort last August/September (the "bounceback" promotion). If you signed up before you checked out of your WDW resort room, you could nail down free dining for dates between 8/30 and 9/27, and all resorts were available. Don't know about the UK customers, but bounceback bookings were given the option to "upgrade" to the deluxe dining plan by paying the difference in cost between the basic and the deluxe plan.

Speculation based on past years indicates that IF the "free dining" is offered to the general public for booking, it will be available starting around the first week of April for stays sometime in late August to mid-September. (I'm betting on the 8/30 - 9/27 dates). Disney Visa holders are generally given a couple of extra days to book before booking opens to the general public.

Remember that in 2008, the basic plan doesn't include table service appetizers for adults, and neither plan includes gratuities!

Hi All,

We did the Free Dining in 2006 while staying in a Moderate and LOVED IT. Planning our 2008 trip now and hoping Free Dining will again be available. This time, however, we are considering bringing our camper and staying in the Disney Wilderness Campground. Anybody know if that lodging has qualified for the Disney Free Dining in years past?

Thanks!

In the past, those staying at the campground have not qualified for free dining.

We will be at POP this year 08 on the bounce back for the free DDP, we signed up at POP in Sept. 07 while staying at last years free DDP.
Everybody keep looking for early April and sign up for free eats, we want to have lots of company the last week in Sept. 08. Get ready to make them ADR's

Last Years 2007 Bounce Back info:

Note dates for Bounce Back ..........
April 2007 Free DDP Logo
FreeDine07-300x180.jpg

TuesdaySeptember112007.jpg

2.gif
2.gif

TuesdaySeptember1120072-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter