• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

The cruise is over a year away...

IF Dreams gets a good group rate for Swan / Dolphin, maybe people could meet up at the airport and share transpotation? I think the special rate was for three days before and after the cruise.

Here's another thought - if I came earlier than three days before the cruise, could I check in to a Disney hotel and use Magical Express, then go to Swan Dolphin before the cruise? Would I be correct to assume that I would have to move my luggage myself?

The special rate last year was for more than 3 days both before and after the cruise. I believe it was 5 before and 4-5 after. At this point though we don't know if there will be an offer at the Dolphin this time.

If you switch from a Disney resort to the Swan or DOlphin, you would have to move your luggage yourself.

Originally that's what I thought, but had a GREAT deal and time at the Dolphin.

I really wanted to stay there, but more important to me is having transporation from the airport, plus the dining plan. I've always stayed at the All Stars before, and am considering the Pop Century. However, I am looking into staying on the monorail route..possibly the Contemporary or the Poly. It's only 2 days and I'm sure it will be worth it.

The cruise is over a year away...

IF Dreams gets a good group rate for Swan / Dolphin, maybe people could meet up at the airport and share transpotation?

This would only work if we all arrived the same day and around the same time...how likely is that to happen? If it could be worked out, that would be great and I would consider it.

Tracy, you are so totally on the ball! Thanks for the answer.

The cruise is over a year away. I don't really expect to know about hotel specials yet. Or to make transportation plans. I guess the time to do that would be four months out or so?

Too soon, maybe, for fish extenders and stateroom door decorations.

It sure is fun to dream about it all, though!

Good Morning Everyone. The grils and I made our decision last night....we are going to stay at the Comtemporary. It will be close to where we want to be without using the bus system...except for going over to Boardwalk on Friday. I think we will book the room after the holidays, but now I'm wondering, if we should hold out on booking the rest of the package until later to see if free dining will be offered. Do we take a chance on losing the room that way? Disney told me that I can book room only and add the package later, but in doing that we would have to cancel the room and rebook the entire package. Not sure I want to risk it.

Good Morning Everyone. The grils and I made our decision last night....we are going to stay at the Comtemporary. It will be close to where we want to be without using the bus system...except for going over to Boardwalk on Friday. I think we will book the room after the holidays, but now I'm wondering, if we should hold out on booking the rest of the package until later to see if free dining will be offered. Do we take a chance on losing the room that way? Disney told me that I can book room only and add the package later, but in doing that we would have to cancel the room and rebook the entire package. Not sure I want to risk it.

I found my answer and this won't apply for me...you have to stay at least 3 nights for free dining.

Hi everyone. I have a question about the airline (online) check in post cruise. We will be flying out on Southwest the same day the ship gets back. How do I do the online check in from sea? Is that something guest services can do, since I am suppose to do this 24 hours in advance?

Hi everyone. I have a question about the airline (online) check in post cruise. We will be flying out on Southwest the same day the ship gets back. How do I do the online check in from sea? Is that something guest services can do, since I am suppose to do this 24 hours in advance?

There are computers in the Internet Cafe that you can use for 75 cents a minute. Guest Services will not do this for you.

We have booked the cruise & are very exited. We haven't cruised in over 20
yrs. In fact the last time my husband & I cruised it was a land/sea package on the big red boat for our honeymoon.
Thank you for this thread. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
the 1st one is can I bring food on board the ship? (My son drinks ensure for
nutritional support)
Is the price for all the food included in the price of the cruise?
What is all the way at the end of deck 7? It looks like an open area that passengers can access?
Thanks in Advance

We have booked the cruise & are very exited. We haven't cruised in over 20
yrs. In fact the last time my husband & I cruised it was a land/sea package on the big red boat for our honeymoon.
Thank you for this thread. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
the 1st one is can I bring food on board the ship? (My son drinks ensure for
nutritional support)
Is the price for all the food included in the price of the cruise?
What is all the way at the end of deck 7? It looks like an open area that passengers can access?
Thanks in Advance

You can bring packaged food onboard. Ensure would be ok, homemade cookies would not.

Most of the food is included. Exceptions would be packaged snacks sold outside of the theaters. There is a service charge to go to Palo, but the food is included.

There is a public deck in the back of deck 7. It is open from early morning until usually around 11 pm. There are some kids club events and fitness classes held out there.

just wanted to say thanks for all the advice given in this thread. it's really nice how you guys help each other out!

and now for my very first question, just out of curiosity...

how much is a cocktail on the cruise?

just wanted to say thanks for all the advice given in this thread. it's really nice how you guys help each other out!

Depends on what you are drinking. I didn't find them to be that out of line. A martini is around $6, drink of the day in a regular glass $5. Souvenir glasses are more obviously. I don't drink beer so I can't answer that.

As Tracy said, I thought they were quite reasonable. I had actually budgeted more for drinks. Which in the long run, meant more drinks...more dancing...more drink tickets???:rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you for answering my questions!:goodvibes

I have another-Do cellphones work on board? I will have a youngish teen with me who loves his independance(too much) & I like to be able to call his cell when I want to know where he is. I was reading that with the kids clubs the parents get a pager but with the teens they do not get a pager.
Thanks in advance

I have another-Do cellphones work on board? I will have a youngish teen with me who loves his independance(too much) & I like to be able to call his cell when I want to know where he is. I was reading that with the kids clubs the parents get a pager but with the teens they do not get a pager.
Thanks in advance

Double post...sorry

Thanks in advance

As I understand it, cell phones will work, but International Rates will apply...if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. What we are going to do, is arrange through our provider to have a month of an international calling plan so we can text or call when needed.

As I understand it, cell phones will work, but International Rates will apply...if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. What we are going to do, is arrange through our provider to have a month of an international calling plan so we can text or call when needed.

I concur. International rates would be in play. Maybe up to $1 per text? Don't know...have to ask someone who has texted before while on board and if they have a comparable plan to yours.

And don't forget, you get charged for the text (or phone call) if someone is trying to reach you. So if your son leaves his phone in the cabin and goes and has a blast on Castaway Cay, and some of his buddies back home text him. Ching. Ching. Ching. Ching. Ching.

Perhaps, a better solution to having contact with your son may be a set of two-way radios (kinda like walkie talkies) and turning off the cell phone as we left Port Canaveral. The upfront cost may seem large, but would be better than getting a cell phone bill with humongous charges after we returned home.

thank you so much for your replys(i don't know how to add more then one quote & I am to old to learn).
oh my, that could get expensive-I hadn't thought about his buddies back home texting him. Turning off the cell & using 2 way radios sound like a good idea.

Next question-are there safes in the staterooms? I have not seen anything about there possible existence in all the stateroom information.
thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter