For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

So the late diners, do they usually skip the show? I've read everyone says they choose late so they don't have to rush back to the ship on port days, but if you have late dinner you only have the option of seeing the early show right? This is my first cruise so I REALLY want to see the shows!

Also, if you have early dinner then go see the show then perhaps do some other activities :-)drinking1 ) can you still get late night food? Or does that cost extra?

Thanks!

The people who have late dinner have the show before dinner. The shows start between 6 and 6:30. That's later than dinner for early and you don't need to be dressed for the show like you would for dinner.

There are a number of places you can get food after the show and it doesn't cost extra.

Another dining question..... it is all about the food, right...:lmao:

If you have friends going on the cruise at the same time...can you request dining together? Or does DCL pick your dining guests for you???? What happens if you don't get along with the new people you are having dinner with????

IS THERE CAKE....OR PIE????? (Just had to throw that one in). :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"If I don't get along with the new people"... I certainly hope you were asking for your child under the age of 18!!!

"If I don't get along with the new people"... I certainly hope you were asking for your child under the age of 18!!!

HoopyMan, you have got a great attitude! :thumbsup2

I'd be happy to share a table with you.

Thanks Mainegal. :-)

I think all of our mutual love for Disney will help us all get along just fine. Just think of all those times that we share with our non-Disney friends and their eyes roll back in their heads and we think, "Why can't they just understand?". Here you won't have those worries. I am so excited... I hope 17 months can just fly by.

Thanks Mainegal. :-)

I think all of our mutual love for Disney will help us all get along just fine. Just think of all those times that we share with our non-Disney friends and their eyes roll back in their heads and we think, "Why can't they just understand?". Here you won't have those worries. I am so excited... I hope 17 months can just fly by.

It will be here sooner than you expect!

Ok, I now have a couple of questions...let me set up the background. We are going down a couple of days before the cruise. We will be using ME and I know they will take our luggage to the resort where we will stay. Now, I've also read that for the cruise, our luggage will be picked up from our resort the night before and taken to the ship. How does all that work? (Will I be informed of where to take my luggage, or is it picked up from the room..as we plan on being at the MK for the entire day before the cruise) Also, on the transfers, I am paying for this, does this mean that we will be taken from our resort to the Port, and from the Port back to the airport? Do I have a good understanding on this? Just want to make sure. We are newbees on cruising, so any help will be appreciated.

Ok, I now have a couple of questions...let me set up the background. We are going down a couple of days before the cruise. We will be using ME and I know they will take our luggage to the resort where we will stay. Now, I've also read that for the cruise, our luggage will be picked up from our resort the night before and taken to the ship. How does all that work? (Will I be informed of where to take my luggage, or is it picked up from the room..as we plan on being at the MK for the entire day before the cruise) Also, on the transfers, I am paying for this, does this mean that we will be taken from our resort to the Port, and from the Port back to the airport? Do I have a good understanding on this? Just want to make sure. We are newbees on cruising, so any help will be appreciated.

First of all your luggage is not picked up for the cruise the night before. It is picked up the day of. It is picked up sometime in the morning (you would receive notice the night prior as to the exact time).

As far as transfers work, they are roundtrip from the airport to the port. If you want to come from the resort to the port, port to airport, you need to let me know and there is an extra charge ($1 per person).

Finally, transfers for 2010 will be different. If you book your room with DCL (no discounted prices), you will be picked up at the resort you are at - any resort, even a value resort (this is a big change from 2009 and prior). If you booked your room independently, DCL will let you know which resort you will be picked up at. I will check to see about luggage, but my guess is that you will have to take it with you to the resort they pick you up from.

First of all your luggage is not picked up for the cruise the night before. It is picked up the day of. It is picked up sometime in the morning (you would receive notice the night prior as to the exact time).

As far as transfers work, they are roundtrip from the airport to the port. If you want to come from the resort to the port, port to airport, you need to let me know and there is an extra charge ($1 per person).

Finally, transfers for 2010 will be different. If you book your room with DCL (no discounted prices), you will be picked up at the resort you are at - any resort, even a value resort (this is a big change from 2009 and prior). If you booked your room independently, DCL will let you know which resort you will be picked up at. I will check to see about luggage, but my guess is that you will have to take it with you to the resort they pick you up from.

Thanks Tracy, I'm glad I asked, obviously the information I read was totally wrong. When the time comes for me to book our Land Portion, I will contact you on what we will need.

I found where I read that......it's on a thread for first time cruisers, under FAQ

Thanks to the DIS crew and boarders this is a great place to get answers to rookie cruisers :confused: questions. We have never been on a cruise but are going on the Wonder in Jan 2010 and the PCC 2.0 and we where wondering:

Wonder is in dry dock in Sept/Oct 2009 - what are some of the refurbs and enhancements - tough to find any details on the web (especially DIS sites)?

As it is very important to be health ahead of the cruise and during -do the cruise veterans have any tips. We are planning to be at at DIS resort before the cruises for a couple of days to get settled in as part of the plan.

:surfweb:

Thanks to the DIS crew and boarders this is a great place to get answers to rookie cruisers :confused: questions. We have never been on a cruise but are going on the Wonder in Jan 2010 and the PCC 2.0 and we where wondering:

Wonder is in dry dock in Sept/Oct 2009 - what are some of the refurbs and enhancements - tough to find any details on the web (especially DIS sites)?

As it is very important to be health ahead of the cruise and during -do the cruise veterans have any tips. We are planning to be at at DIS resort before the cruises for a couple of days to get settled in as part of the plan.

Do you know where the Wonder is going to Dry Dock? The Magic was in Dry Dock in Norfolk VA last year....I drove over to see it...it would be great if the Wonder was coming here also.

I found where I read that......it's on a thread for first time cruisers, under FAQ

On the cruise your luggage is picked up the night before you get off the ship but your question was about at the resort before the cruise.

I haven't seen anything official about the refurbs and enhancements. We assume the laundry will be upgraded and the TVs as well since that happened on the Magic last time. I have heard some other cool things but I don't have a second source to confirm them so I don't feel I should post what I know publicly.

Do you know where the Wonder is going to Dry Dock? The Magic was in Dry Dock in Norfolk VA last year....I drove over to see it...it would be great if the Wonder was coming here also.

This is one of the things I heard. Again, don't have a second source to verify this but I have heard that dry dock will not be in Norfolk this year. It will be somewhere that none of us can drive to see.

On the cruise your luggage is picked up the night before you get off the ship but your question was about at the resort before the cruise.

Ok, thanks for the clarifidation.

I haven't seen anything official about the refurbs and enhancements. We assume the laundry will be upgraded and the TVs as well since that happened on the Magic last time. I have heard some other cool things but I don't have a second source to confirm them so I don't feel I should post what I know publicly.

This is one of the things I heard. Again, don't have a second source to verify this but I have heard that dry dock will not be in Norfolk this year. It will be somewhere that none of us can drive to see.

Ah, that's too bad.

Tease!!!

Hi all, I'm thinking seriously about staying at the Swan Dolphin before the cruise...does Magical Express go there from the airport? Also, are we able to get the same perks as we do when staying at other WDW resorts? (EMH, Dining Plan....) I know it early, but just scouting for some information so when the time comes to book the land part, I'll know what I want. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I'm thinking seriously about staying at the Swan Dolphin before the cruise...does Magical Express go there from the airport? Also, are we able to get the same perks as we do when staying at other WDW resorts? (EMH, Dining Plan....) I know it early, but just scouting for some information so when the time comes to book the land part, I'll know what I want. Thanks in advance.

Magical Express does not take you to the Swan/Dolphin. You do get the Extra Magic Hours but cannot add the Dining Plan.

Magical Express does not take you to the Swan/Dolphin. You do get the Extra Magic Hours but cannot add the Dining Plan.

Hmmm, that's not what I wanted to hear. Ok, that makes my decision. Thanks Tracy.

The cruise is over a year away...

IF Dreams gets a good group rate for Swan / Dolphin, maybe people could meet up at the airport and share transpotation? I think the special rate was for three days before and after the cruise.

Here's another thought - if I came earlier than three days before the cruise, could I check in to a Disney hotel and use Magical Express, then go to Swan Dolphin before the cruise? Would I be correct to assume that I would have to move my luggage myself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter