For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

This may be a dumb question, but will we receive Podcast/Diser event information before we board or will this be something we should expect to get once we get to our staterooms?

Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but will we receive Podcast/Diser event information before we board or will this be something we should expect to get once we get to our staterooms?

Thanks!

Maybe. Maybe not. :goodvibes

Last year we did know the schedule of events before we boarded - at least most of it. But that doesn't mean that it will work the same this year.

And before Kevin is forced to come over here and yell at us again - its way to early for that kind of advanced planning. :teacher:

Me? I'd just go with the flow. :cloud9:

Maybe. Maybe not. :goodvibes

Last year we did know the schedule of events before we boarded - at least most of it. But that doesn't mean that it will work the same this year.

And before Kevin is forced to come over here and yell at us again - its way to early for that kind of advanced planning. :teacher:

Me? I'd just go with the flow. :cloud9:

Got it. Thanks! :)

For last year's Podcast Cruise, did they have a hotel deal with one of the Disney resorts prior/after the cruise? What was the price, if so?

For last year's Podcast Cruise, did they have a hotel deal with one of the Disney resorts prior/after the cruise? What was the price, if so?

Yes, we had the Dolphin for $99 a night plus tax. There is no word yet on whether or not there will be a resort deal this year.

Ok, I just paid off our cruise. I then went onto the DCL website just to play around and look at our reservation. I see that in September I will have paperwork to fill out. Can someone tell me what the paperwork is, and what do i do with it?

Ok, I just paid off our cruise. I then went onto the DCL website just to play around and look at our reservation. I see that in September I will have paperwork to fill out. Can someone tell me what the paperwork is, and what do i do with it?

Pretty standard legal stuff. 'Important' information you should be aware of. Nothing to sweat over. It's not an exam in Western Macroeconomics.:goodvibes

Just like Todd said. They are legal cruise contracts, authorization for payment of charges onboard, registration for children's programming. Without these filled out you will not be able to board. If you don't want to do them online, you can wait and do them at the port, but it will take more time to check in.

Pretty standard legal stuff. 'Important' information you should be aware of. Nothing to sweat over. It's not an exam in Western Macroeconomics.:goodvibes

Ok, that's good to know, since I don't know what Western Macroeconomics is...LOL

Just like Todd said. They are legal cruise contracts, authorization for payment of charges onboard, registration for children's programming. Without these filled out you will not be able to board. If you don't want to do them online, you can wait and do them at the port, but it will take more time to check in.

Sounds good, as always Thanks Tracy..you're the best.

We are DVC members and are thinking about using our points for a cruise. We have never done one b4.

A few ???...

Is everything paid for, except alcohol?
Do you have to pay extra for the kids to do the kid activities?
Do they they have characters on the ship?
Do they have character dining on the ship?

Another questions...my DH is not sure he would like a cruise. He says it is just a big boat w/ nothing but food. How would you describe a typical day on a cruise ship?

We are DVC members and are thinking about using our points for a cruise. We have never done one b4.

A few ???...

Is everything paid for, except alcohol?
Do you have to pay extra for the kids to do the kid activities?
Do they they have characters on the ship?
Do they have character dining on the ship?

Keep in mind if you pay for the cruise with DVC points you will not be able to participate in the DISUnplugged Podcast events. Additionally, you will be "paying" significantly more for your cruise.

Your food, entertainment, room, taxes and fees are included. You pay for alcoholic and specialty drinks, shore excursions, photos, souvenirs, gratuities, beverage tastings, etc.

If your kids are all potty trained and over three the children's programming is included in the price of the cruise.

The do have many characters and meet and greets with the characters onboard. On the 3 and 4 night sailings however, there are no character dining opportunities.

Another questions...my DH is not sure he would like a cruise. He says it is just a big boat w/ nothing but food. How would you describe a typical day on a cruise ship?

There is much more than just food on a cruise. There is swimming, deck parties, spa visits, adult enrichment series activities (making food, touring the galley, Q&As with the crew), shows, entertainment, ports of calls. I could go on and on.

I had a question that I don't know the answer to, so I figured I would see if AskTracy could provide me with an answer.....

Can I send a prepaid package (ie Prepaid Priority Box from the USPS) home from the port or the ship?

I had a question that I don't know the answer to, so I figured I would see if AskTracy could provide me with an answer.....

Can I send a prepaid package (ie Prepaid Priority Box from the USPS) home from the port or the ship?

I don't know the answer off the top of my head, so I'll check and let you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter