Finally; B2B Norway & Northern Europe - June 2015 - Loads of Photos

enjoying your TR! Looks like a lot of physical activity on the excursions. No cruise weight gain on this cruise I would think. I want to take DS on a Europe trip next summer for high school graduation. He doesn't like to be cold, so I am thinking this is not the trip for us...?
If he doesn't like to be cold the Mediterranean Cruise is awesome. We lo love it

If he doesn't like to be cold the Mediterranean Cruise is awesome. We lo love it
Good advice. Will check it out. Didnt they recently announce some changes to that itinerary? DS and his brother are both learning German however and their dad and i both studied abroad in Germany in college, so i would like to get that area in on the trip. Have just started researching. I would prefer a cruise tour though for the convenience of not packing/ unpacking.

Good advice. Will check it out. Didnt they recently announce some changes to that itinerary? DS and his brother are both learning German however and their dad and i both studied abroad in Germany in college, so i would like to get that area in on the trip. Have just started researching. I would prefer a cruise tour though for the convenience of not packing/ unpacking.
You can always go there before or after the cruise. When we did ours we spent 3 days before in Barcelona and after in London and Paris.

enjoying your TR! Looks like a lot of physical activity on the excursions. No cruise weight gain on this cruise I would think. I want to take DS on a Europe trip next summer for high school graduation. He doesn't like to be cold, so I am thinking this is not the trip for us...?
We took our DD and DS on the Disney Magic for the 11 night Med Cruise in 2011 when our DS graduated from High School. They loved it and say it is their favorite vacation ever. That may be one to look into.

I love your pictures!!

We were on the same Norway cruise (I've even spotted us in a couple of your pics), and you did some of the excursions that were on my wish list (but we decided against because of our little one).

Looking forward to more!

Day 7 - Friday, June 12, 2015 - Day at Sea - Sunny with a high of 70 degrees.

After having heavy port days, We were thrilled to sleep in a bit. We ate our usual fare at Cabana’s and walked around a bit.

We spent most of the rest of the afternoon on Deck 5 sitting on the couches watching everyone. About 3pm the crowd thinned as people probably went to pack for their departure the next morning. Since we were doing a B2B we did not have to pack as we would be in the same cabin for the following week. So we enjoyed our time relaxing.

We ate our final meal in Animator’s Palate and said our good byes to our table mates. I really enjoyed the final show in Animator’s, which was something new they were doing.

The photo’s below are from one of our nights in Animator’s but not the last night.

animators%20with%20mickey_zpsjyfhifrm.jpg

mickey%20dinner_zpscleaxojj.jpg

We went to see the show “Dreams” in the Walt Disney Theatre. Again, we have seen this show several times, but we really enjoyed it. They incorporated characters from Frozen into the show. This is our favorite show and it did not disappoint us this cruise.

At 10:15 in the Atrium was the ’Til We Meet Again Farewell Show. Mickey and Minnie and their friends along with the Cast Members in the costumes from the various shows come out and sign autographs and have their photo taken. They break out into song before leaving. I try to go every cruise as I personally enjoy it, my husband not so much.

Untitled%201_zpstwg3knhg.jpg

MAGICS%20FINAL%20FAREWELL%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20-%20JUNE%2012TH%202015%20189w_zps9jvfy8ia.jpg

FINAL%20FARWELL%20ON%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20JUNE%202015%201q1_zpslifxnftv.jpg

hilite%20mickeyMAGICS%20FINAL%20FAREWELL%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20-%20JUNE%2012TH%202015%2020_zps3uinpb6a.jpg

Untitled%202_zpsdqzuzufk.jpg

Untitled%203_zpsh5wvdhko.jpg

We went to see the Comedy of Danny Buckler in Fathoms after the ’Til We Meet Again Farewell Show. He was very funny and we would love to see him again.

Untitled_zpspbpgfqi2.jpg

We pretty much went to bed after the show.

The next morning we got up and went to Cabana’s to eat Breakfast about 9am. It was strange knowing we would be boarding the ship again for another cruise that day.

We got off the ship and caught a free Disney bus into town and spent several hours touring Copenhagen before boarding the ship for our next cruise.

Awesome trip report for the Norway portion of your B2B! Great photos as well. Many of those look like they could be puzzles. And you did a really nice job of describing each of the excursions. I agree with you about the inside cabin. We get a balcony on the Fantasy for the Caribbean, but for Alaska we went with an inside. It was very cold or cold and rainy on several days and a balcony would have gone unused. Plus, practically every part of the ship has fantastic views. We saw a humpback whale from Palo during brunch and I saw porpoises and an orca from the gym while riding an exercise bike.

So, now on to the last day of the Norway Cruise and the First day of the Northern European one.

We took the free Disney Shuttle bus into Copenhagen. We were dropped off in front of Tivoli Park. We walked around for about 3 hours.
We absolutely loved Copenhagen. This city is magnificent. I loved the Pedestrian Street which has stores and places to eat.
I'm posting several photo's I took while we were on our walking adventure.

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20START%20OF%20%20BALTIC%20-%206-13-15%204_zpslxrcdyu0.jpg

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20START%20OF%20%20BALTIC%20-%206-13-15%2011_zpsl46oisai.jpg

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20ABOUT%20TO%20START%20BALTIC%20JUNE%202015%208_zpsss1bkvgx.jpg

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20ABOUT%20TO%20START%20BALTIC%20JUNE%202015%204_zpsw0qy1ioe.jpg

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20ABOUT%20TO%20START%20BALTIC%20JUNE%202015%203_zpstsqlxqv5.jpg

This is the Port in Copenhagen and there she was, waiting on us to board her again. Welcoming us Home!

COPENHAGEN%20-%20END%20OF%20NORWAY%20CRUISE%20ABOUT%20TO%20START%20BALTIC%20JUNE%202015_zpssgzrgz2r.jpg

So very excited to read your report. We are doing this same B2B cruise this summer...Leaving on June 29th, returning on July 13th. It will be here before we know it. Funny that you had Pa as your stateroom host, we have had her in the past and she was always great with us and our kids, and she has remembered us on all of our returning Magic trips. Can't wait to read your Baltic report. The only place I haven't decided on with excursions is Sweden, still struggling with what is the right choice. We are spending three days in Copenhagen before the Norway cruise, and then spending 3 days in London when we get off from the Baltic...so we have a crazy busy three weeks.

One thing that I am doing is out of the four ports in Norway I am booking three of them with independent vendors, I have read good reviews of these operations, it is just literally 1/4 the cost of DCL. On the Baltic, we are going to stick with all DCL excursions, I feel safer with them especially in Russia.

Great pictures, reminds me of our Alaska Wonder trip.....but looks even more amazing.

So very excited to read your report. We are doing this same B2B cruise this summer...Leaving on June 29th, returning on July 13th. It will be here before we know it. Funny that you had Pa as your stateroom host, we have had her in the past and she was always great with us and our kids, and she has remembered us on all of our returning Magic trips. Can't wait to read your Baltic report. The only place I haven't decided on with excursions is Sweden, still struggling with what is the right choice. We are spending three days in Copenhagen before the Norway cruise, and then spending 3 days in London when we get off from the Baltic...so we have a crazy busy three weeks.

One thing that I am doing is out of the four ports in Norway I am booking three of them with independent vendors, I have read good reviews of these operations, it is just literally 1/4 the cost of DCL. On the Baltic, we are going to stick with all DCL excursions, I feel safer with them especially in Russia.

Great pictures, reminds me of our Alaska Wonder trip.....but looks even more amazing.
Who are you booking your independent tours with for Norway? We are doing a Norway Fjords cruise with NCL summer 2017 and we always prefer independent types.

Day 3 - Port of Stavenger, Norway - Monday, June 8, 2015, Partly Cloudy at 54 degree’s.

DH and I booked all of our excursions through Disney, it was just convenient for us. So for this port we booked, “Hike to Pulpit Rock”, price was $195 per person - 8 to 8.5 hours long - Very Strenuous.

Popping over here from the Cruise Meets forum.

I really wanted to go on this excursion, but with two kids 9 and 7 at that time, we didn't think we would have made it up there. The scenery from up there looks great, and I am so envious!

Day 4 - Alesund, Norway - Tuesday, June 9, 2015 - All Ashore 9:30am - All Aboard 5:45pm - Overcast with high of 48 degrees.

The excursion we took for this port was “Path of the Trolls with Lunch”. Excursion was to last 8 to 8.5 hours and the cost was $159.00 each. The following is what Disney had listed for the excursion - Travel across Alesund through the Storfjorden and to the Medieval Stordal Church - approx. 75 minutes - short tour of the church then travel on to Valldal. Enjoy about 30 min. free time. Continue along the Trollstigen to the Gudbrandsjuvet Gorge for a brief photo stop. Arrive at a local restaurant for brief lunch. Take the drive that winds along the Trolls Path’s 11 hairpin turns on your way to the Isterdalen Valley - approx. 60 minutes. At Troll Wall have a photo-stop and free time, about 20 minutes. Then return to Alesund -approx. 2 hours.

We did this excursion on our own. We hired two cars (one sedan and one MPV) and drove ourselves to Valldal, where we stopped at the supermarket to buy stuff for a picnic lunch, and had our picnic at Gudbrandsjuvet Gorge. We then headed to the trolls path and drove down it, and then headed back to Alesund. It was a long drive!

Our excursion for the Day was - “Views of Norway” - 3.5 to 4 hours - $99 per person - Travel to Lake Djupvatn and on to Mount Dalsnibba (approx. 60 min.) for a photo stop at the viewpoint. Continue to the Djupvasshytta Lodge for traditional Norwegian and Danish pastries and free time to explore (approx. 45 min.). Drive to the beautiful Flydalsjuvet viewpoint (approx. 30 min.) for a photo stop and return to the pier.

We boarded a bus and made our way up to Flydalsjuvet viewpoint for a photo stop. Views were great and we were so glad we could see the Disney Magic.

x1GRANGER%20FJORD%20-%20PORT%203%20-%20JUNE%2010TH%202015-%201_zpsmwl2dbya.jpg

Untitled%2026_zpsllyslsvi.jpg

Untitled%2042_zps5exiofwi.jpg

The scenery was very beautiful as we made our way up to the Djupvasshyta Lodge for pastries.

Untitled%2043_zps0viqtvdj.jpg

Untitled%2033_zps8xtpn57y.jpg

1aGeiranger%20Norway%20June%2010%202015%20-%20Disney%20Magic.%201_zpssz5wxbia.jpg

We did something similar by booking a private tour -- stopping at Flydalsjuvet viewpoint, then heading to Mt Dalsnibba. We come from a very hot and humid place, so our kids just absolutely loved the snow!

After Mt dalsnibba, we headed back to Geiranger, passed the town centre and headed to the Eagles Nest viewpoint for a different perspective of Geiranger. We then headed back to the ship.

Day 6 - Bergen, Norway- Thursday, June 11, 2015 - All Ashore 7:45am - All Aboard 5:15pm - Partly Sunny with a high of 53 Degrees.

The Disney Excursion we went on was - Hardanger Fjord with Lunch - 7 to 7.5 hours - $179 per person - Drive through scenic Bergen (approx. 75 minutes) including historic Hanseatic Merchant houses, King Haakon’s Hall and the Rosenkranz Tower, the Fish and Flower Market, the City Park and the Grieghall. Pass the community of Os, where your motor coach will board a Ferry crossing the Fusafjord to Venzjaneset. Travel to Mundheim (approx. 60 minutes) and the scenic shore next to the mountains of Folgefonna. Have a Norwegian hot and cold buffet lunch in Oystese (approx. 90 minutes). Drive to the Steinsdalsfossen waterfall to explore (approx. 30 min.) and up the Tokagjel gorge. Return to the pier.

Looks like you had a great time - the photos are lovely! We were tired by this time, and all we did was to wake up late and walked around Bergen for several hours.

We did something similar by booking a private tour -- stopping at Flydalsjuvet viewpoint, then heading to Mt Dalsnibba. We come from a very hot and humid place, so our kids just absolutely loved the snow!

After Mt dalsnibba, we headed back to Geiranger, passed the town centre and headed to the Eagles Nest viewpoint for a different perspective of Geiranger. We then headed back to the ship.

We come from a very hot and humid climate also. It was in the 100's at my home while we were away. I was most glad to be in Norway.

1st Day of our Northern European Cruise, which is the 2nd cruise of our B2B Vacation.
Saturday, June 13, 2015 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Overcast with a high of 64 Degrees. All Aboard by 4:00pm.

After a quick breakfast we went into Copenhagen to see as much as we could. We did not go back to the ship till after 1:00pm.

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013050_zpsfkk7jsoo.jpg

We grabbed a snack and went to Deck 5 and sat in the chairs to people watch.

Our favorite Character, Cinderella, stopped by for a chat and photo opportunity.

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013051_zpsrcutunt8.jpg

We went to the mandatory Life Boat Drill for 4pm along Deck 4. We went back to the cabin so I could grab my camera and we headed up to Deck 10 for the Adventures Away Party.

Even though we just experienced this event last week, we still enjoyed it very much.

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013049_zpszyqer8mb.jpg

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013055_zps31mhffid.jpg

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013053_zps11wk0upa.jpg

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013052_zpsgtclcc3p.jpg

We went to Dinner and skipped the All Aboard Show. As we were walking by the D Lounge Cast Member Kate was outside getting the Lounge trying to get people to come to Mickey Mania. She was cute as a button and so we decided to see what it was all about. We actually enjoyed it.

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013056_zpsfgypnr6b.jpg

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013057_zpsm4xlzpmk.jpg

Then back to our cabin to meet our towel buddy.

FEBRUARY%2011%202016%20-%20BRI%2013058_zpsmncqpjmw.jpg

That’s all for this day. Let me just say that Copenhagen was a surprise. We loved this city so very much. Everyone we met was very nice. I highly recommend spending time here.

That’s all for this day. Let me just say that Copenhagen was a surprise. We loved this city so very much. Everyone we met was very nice. I highly recommend spending time here.[/QUOTE]

My family and I were on this cruise with you. We felt the same way about Copenhagen. We spent a day and a half before our cruise and another day before we flew home and thoroughly enjoyed it. We loved it so much that we have three more days to spend in Copenhagen after our cruise this summer!

I am loving your trip report and now reliving our awesome cruise!

Who are you booking your independent tours with for Norway? We are doing a Norway Fjords cruise with NCL summer 2017 and we always prefer independent types.

So we are using rodne.no for Stavenger and Bergen, and then I used geirangerfjord.no in Geirenger. We are sticking with DCL in Alesund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter