Feb 2009 code watch

Count us in! We are going from February 15th through February 21st. Yes, the dreaded President's Week but we have done it the last 2 years and had a fantastic time! This year we are taking my DB, DSIL, and 2 nephews - it will be their first trip ever and we are all really excited. Free waterparks and hopping would be great again this year!

Does President's Day affect the following weekend?
Thinking that instead of short notice Aug 2008 trip I will plan for Feb 20-25 2009 instead. The kids will be out of school for MardiGras.
Also does MardiGras affect that week?
Crowd wise I mean.

We're planning to stay at a moderate resort (not sure which one yet) and be in the parks the Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday BEFORE and maybe the Friday of President's Day weekend. We will stay at our Disney resort until Monday (President's Day), but we will not be in the parks on Saturday/Sunday/Monday for sure. Do you think it will be a good time to go (crowd wise)?

We've never been at this time of the year. February is the month of my birthday, and I am considering this trip to be my present. However, we are actually going to be in Florida because DH wants to go to the Daytona 500 the Sunday before President's Day. (I'm a closet NASCAR fan too, so I really don't mind - especially since he agreed to stay at WDW!)

Mardi Gras does affect WDW some. I know it is busier during that week.
We stayed the week b4 Pres Day weekend & the crowds were fine. We left that Friday to avoid the Pres Day weekend. I don't know about the following weekend though.

Mardi Gras does affect WDW some. I know it is busier during that week.
We stayed the week b4 Pres Day weekend & the crowds were fine. We left that Friday to avoid the Pres Day weekend. I don't know about the following weekend though.

This is what we plan on doing. We are going the 6th-13th. This will be our first trip:cool1: When you say the crowds were fine what exactly does that mean? How were the waits in line? What were the temps?

There were definitely low crowds. The waits were not bad at all. For the big rides, we used fastpass. We didn't wait more than 15 min for any ride. We will be going back in Feb again b/c of how uncrowded it was. I got all my ADRs for that week the month b4 we left, except Le Cellier.
The weather was comfortable for me. I don't like hot weather. It was 70's during the day & 60's at night. We just needed a sweatshirt most nights, except the last night was freezing. It was in the 50's & chilly. It did rain a few times too. I'd rather have this weather than 90's & humid though.

Hello.... I just discovered this cool site and on top of that found so many people going the same time I am!
We are going Feb 7-15. We are planning on staying at POP. We too are going to the Daytona 500. Nascar and Mickey... just a perfect vacation.
I am impatient though. Waiting and waiting to book my package and make it 'real'. Kinda worried about the jiggling around of booking though. I want to book my room, but dont want it to be a pain when booking a package. I am really really hoping they do the ticket upgrade next year as well.
Is that all you have to do, is call up and talk to someone and they will add that on for you? Seems to easy. I am just the kind of girl that something always goes wrong. And trying so desperatly to make this a perfect vacation. :wizard:

There were definitely low crowds. The waits were not bad at all. For the big rides, we used fastpass. We didn't wait more than 15 min for any ride. We will be going back in Feb again b/c of how uncrowded it was. I got all my ADRs for that week the month b4 we left, except Le Cellier.
The weather was comfortable for me. I don't like hot weather. It was 70's during the day & 60's at night. We just needed a sweatshirt most nights, except the last night was freezing. It was in the 50's & chilly. It did rain a few times too. I'd rather have this weather than 90's & humid though.

That sounds good to me. We live in east Tx and I totally know what ht and humid are. My kids will be almost 4 and 14 months so I didn't want it to be long waits and hot temps for our first trip.

Hello.... I just discovered this cool site and on top of that found so many people going the same time I am!
We are going Feb 7-15. We are planning on staying at POP. We too are going to the Daytona 500. Nascar and Mickey... just a perfect vacation.
I am impatient though. Waiting and waiting to book my package and make it 'real'. Kinda worried about the jiggling around of booking though. I want to book my room, but dont want it to be a pain when booking a package. I am really really hoping they do the ticket upgrade next year as well.
Is that all you have to do, is call up and talk to someone and they will add that on for you? Seems to easy. I am just the kind of girl that something always goes wrong. And trying so desperatly to make this a perfect vacation. :wizard:

We are going Feb 6-13 and staying at POP too!:cool1: I am in the same boat as you. I am counting the days until we can book our whle package. Maybe we will see ya there:goodvibes

Count us in. We are they 1/31-2/13. waiting to see if there are any good codes.:yay:

Disney just likes to keep us on the edge of our seats LOL!
I am just getting myself all worked up and impatient. i need to just chill out and wait until I can book. Everything should just fall into place.;)

By the looks we will all be chatting up in lines at attractions about this thread :laughing:

:)

I'm hoping for the Disney Visa free hopper pass upgrade like in 2008! That was wonderful!

That sounds good to me. We live in east Tx and I totally know what ht and humid are. My kids will be almost 4 and 14 months so I didn't want it to be long waits and hot temps for our first trip.

We are going Feb 6-13 and staying at POP too!:cool1: I am in the same boat as you. I am counting the days until we can book our whle package. Maybe we will see ya there:goodvibes

Hey! I'm from east TX too! (Well....north east....about 80 miles east of Dallas.) Humidity around these parts is almost as bad as Florida's at times, but it could be so much worse. I lived in Nacogdoches from 1986-93, which seemed to be hot and humid more often than not (I am so happy to live farther north now ;)).

Our brief February trip to WDW will be from Feb. 10-16, but we will only be in the parks Feb. 10-13. There is a possibility that we will be at POP too. I am hoping to get an AP rate or a AAA rate at a moderate resort, but if that is not possible POP will do nicely. I loved our stay there in May, and I am looking forward to our upcoming stay in September. I didn't think I would enjoy a value resort when I first booked the May trip, but I REALLY like it there a lot! :thumbsup2

Hello.... (snip) We too are going to the Daytona 500. Nascar and Mickey... just a perfect vacation.

Were we separated at birth? (LOL!! ;))

Do you have your Daytona tickets yet? We do, but I have no idea if we have good seats or not. We're in the Oldfield tower, section L, row 28 - I think Oldfield is the section just after turn 4.

About booking WDW: If you book a room only first then you'll have to cancel and rebook if you call to "add" a package at a later date. The good news is that rack rate packages for '09 are anticipated to come out with the '09 room-only rates in August. Just book a room and ticket package with a base ticket. This way, if a package "deal" does come out, a simple phone call to apply the "code" will take care of you - Yes, it really is that easy. :) (No new deposits, no reservation number change, etc.)

:teeth: Depends on who you like for a driver lol. I am a Kahne fan:love: . My son is a 24 fan. Hubby is a Toyota fan and my daughter loves Newman. We are a mixed bag that talks a lot of smack every weekend lol. We are heading to Loudon tomorrow :cool1: . Just got NNS tix. Saving up for Daytona. Havent gotten the tix. The woman said they would be shipped around Xmas. We are in the backstretch. up in turn 2. i opted to be cheap and get seats back there and do the fan zone/pre race tix. Still though, i havent told the hubby that I have spent $800 on Daytona tix. i will wait after the race :laughing: . just seems really cool... me standing on the track before the 500.... priceless!
Thank you for the help with the package. I will do as you said. Chances are that they will do something for Feb. I only real care about the water park and more. I am secretly hoping for the free upgrade though for the park hopper (and to save $$$). I want to hop over to Epcot just for a few hours to do the character meet and greet they have, and then head back to MK or something. My brain is constantly thinking about this trip.
:headache:

My whole quote got messed up so here goes:

DznyDreams:

We are in Tyler. That's why when some people say it is hot there I know we can handle it;) I decided on Feb so that we might cut down on the heat a little. My kids will be almost for and almost 15 mos when we go. I want the trip to be managable with the likely hood of heat meltdown to a minimum.

Wow! Where's the chatter from the Feb '09 group?!?! :confused3

I'm getting excited because I just realized that I can begin making ADRs on 8/14! :banana:

Any suggestions for where a family of 3 (DH, DD13 and I) can dine for Valentine's Day in "the world?" We'll be on the dining plan, if they still have it. I would prefer something outside the parks since it is the Saturday of President's Day weekend. We'll have a rental car, so we can travel between resorts with ease.

My whole quote got messed up so here goes:

DznyDreams:

We are in Tyler. That's why when some people say it is hot there I know we can handle it;) I decided on Feb so that we might cut down on the heat a little. My kids will be almost for and almost 15 mos when we go. I want the trip to be managable with the likely hood of heat meltdown to a minimum.

Tyler! I go there at least once a week or so (likely to be less now with higher gasoline prices). I was just there Monday, as a matter of fact. I live about 40 miles from you (Van). Yes, we do know our hot and humid weather for sure. :)

We are looking at the end of February. We did that in 2006 and loved the weather and crowd level. Hoping for some great deals.

The restaurants at resorts that we have liked are Jiko, Narcoossee's, & Artist Point. Whispering Canyon may be fun or maybe Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk?

We will be in WDW on Valentines Day as well. I didnt think of that. I am curious as to a good spot as well. It will be our last night there, and Valentines. Need to make it special. i am planning on Chef Mickeys, CRT, and the Fantasmic package. What should we do for that night?

Thanks for bringign this thread back up. I am starting to get impatient! :scared1:

Also there for Valentine's Day also my birthday. Two years ago we were there at that time and ate at Whispering Canyon for Valentines. Not exactly romantic, but fun none the less. No idea for this year yet. Still planning.:confused:

If you want a restaurant that's romantic & are going w/o kids, then I recommend Citricos at GF. It is a very nice restaurant. We made the mistake of taking our 1.5 yr old there for dinner & although he was welcome, it was not a good choice for him. It was so quiet there that every noise my DS made got looks. Plus, the CM that waited on us wasn't thrilled either. Otherwise, I thought the restaurant was a good romantic spot.
Another one I recommend is California Grill at Contemporary, especially around Wishes time (if you get a window table).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter